ADVERTISEMENT

No. 14 Rutgers Wrestling Heads to Detroit for 2022 NCAA Championships / Tournament Thread

Poz gives up 2 almost immediately but is able to get a reversal and then ride of Cochran the rest of the period. Tied 2-2 and Poz has 36 seconds of ride time.

Bulsak in the hole on mat 4

Jacob Cardenas, 22-6 (Cornell) vs Greg Bulsak, 22-6 (Rutgers)

Anyone that thinks Poz is healthy, only needs to look at him wincing in almost every position... on bottom when his head/neck/back are lifted up, on top trying to lift/return, lack of sprawling and defending shots, stopping on contact when shooting...🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm wondering if we should've shut him down for the season. He's injured or inside his own head or something.
at this point it is what it is. let him finish out. he's there. Good thing is he still has 3 years of eligibility left. But something is not clicking for him that was last year and early this season, that's for sure.

Anyone that thinks Poz is healthy, only needs to look at him wincing in almost every position... on bottom when his head/neck/back are lifted up, on top trying to lift/return, lack of sprawling and defending shots, stopping on contact when shooting...🤷🏻‍♂️
there are several on here that are adamant he's not hurt and its all mental. I for one think he is just by appearance and actions but only he and the coaches really know.

It's all mental right now with him...

• Haha
Reactions: Leonard23
🤷‍♂️ Your right . His bread and butter was that duck under and reshots. Always moving.

Reactions: Leonard23
there are several on here that are adamant he's not hurt and its all mental. I for one think he is just by appearance and actions but only he and the coaches really know.
It's all mental right now with him...

🤷🏻‍♂️ As I posted, I heard otherwise, so I won't change my stance unless Poz told me otherwise (obviously, he's not obligated to share anything and I wouldn't ask).

You telling me that won't change anything 😂. I'm confident I didn't but have no problem if I'm proved wrong.
It is what it is. If he does not AA. It’s not the first RU wrestler to AA one year and not the next. 🥲 He still has remainder of the tournament and 3 years left. So unless he tells any one of us we will never know. Let’s let it go.

It is what it is. If he does not AA. It’s not the first RU wrestler to AA one year and not the next. 🥲 He still has remainder of the tournament and 3 years left. So unless he tells any one of us we will never know. Let’s let it go.
Hell with AA this year, I would love to see him shoot and score an offensive point. I think it's been about a month since he's scored offensively.

Hell with AA this year, I would love to see him shoot and score an offensive point. I think it's been about a month since he's scored offensively.
I hope your right. In my experience…having been in these shoes…I am not going to micro examine what’s happening. We can look at it this way…whatever the reason…let’s give the kid credit for still competing. That huge in my mind. Let’s go Poz!!!!

Of course I get one day off a year to watch the tourney and our bathroom is being redone. My wife during the Bulsak match is asking me how shelves and pictures look to be hung by our contractor. Does she really think I give a sh*t if it's an inch too high or to the right?

I just yelled this match will be over in 58 secs. can you at least give me that? I got the stare of death but stood my ground.

It’s still a tough pill to swallow… cant believe some people were saying Poz should RS a year to avoid AB and be a national champ like it’s that ez.. hated the Cochran draw(so much for not ez to beat a wrestler 3x theory, guess means Desanto now has better chance winning then RBY beating him 6x in a row). It’s still not over maybe can win some matches backside n just RS n regroup next year.

Of course I get one day off a year to watch the tourney and our bathroom is being redone. My wife during the Bulsak match is asking me how shelves and pictures look to be hung by our contractor. Does she really think I give a sh*t if it's an inch too high or to the right?

I just yelled this match will be over in 58 secs. can you at least give me that? I got the stare of death but stood my ground.
You just insured that it will turn into the most expensive bathroom in NJ. Now it will include 3 other rooms….😊

Next Round Matches:

Dylan Shawver (Rutgers) vs . Kysen Terukina (Iowa State)
Joe Olivieri (Rutgers) vs. Malyke Hines (Lehigh)
Sebastian Rivera (Rutgers) vs. Chad Red (Nebraska)
Mike Van Brill (Rutgers) vs. Kody Komara (Kent State)
Connor O`Neill (Rutgers) vs. Nick Incontrera (Pennsylvania)
John Poznanski (Rutgers) vs. Christopher Weiler (Wisconsin)
Greg Bulsak (Rutgers) vs. Eric Schultz (Nebraska)

Koleszar...that a boy, give em hell! But I bet you won't see the bed for quite some time and will have a love affair with the couch for the next 3 weeks or so. Hath the rath of a woman!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT