ADVERTISEMENT

No. 6 Rutgers Women's Soccer vs. LSU

More or less my thinking. There aren’t a ton of minutes to go around in the midfield when Brocious and Fluchel can go a full 90. The only midfield sub was Romano if I’m remembering right. Otherwise the forwards rotated a bit, with Kroeger moving down when Gutowski and Girman came in. It might be as simple as Romano being higher on the depth chart for midfield than Post.
Romano played LOB though, not midfield.

I have no inside knowledge, but it just looked like a matter of Mike tightening his rotation in a close match against a really good opponent, just like a basketball coach tightens the rotation to 7 players.

Brocious and Fluchel played the entire 90, and they got Daigle a breather when Girman and Gutowski came in. But that was it.

Romano played LOB though, not midfield.

I have no inside knowledge, but it just looked like a matter of Mike tightening his rotation in a close match against a really good opponent, just like a basketball coach tightens the rotation to 7 players.

Brocious and Fluchel played the entire 90, and they got Daigle a breather when Girman and Gutowski came in. But that was it.
She came in at midfield in the first half when Misal subbed in; Banks and Daigle went out. You can see it in the play by play. I agree though, now’s about the time rotation gets tightened up. And the team has a good top 3-4 women off the bench.

Very possibly simply the case of Mike shortening up the bench. Don't believe she played in the LaSalle game either. Had been getting significant minutes up till then & had been playing quite well. We'll know soon.

She came in at midfield in the first half when Misal subbed in; Banks and Daigle went out. You can see it in the play by play. I agree though, now’s about the time rotation gets tightened up. And the team has a good top 3-4 women off the bench.
You’re right about the first half. I was really talking about the 2nd half (though I didn’t make that clear in my post)

I think Kroeger moves from the wing to the center midfield when Daigle comes out.

Stats up to date! Not surprising to see a split in the top 5 players on the field given the way the game went.

ADVERTISEMENT