ADVERTISEMENT

No. 6 seed Rutgers Lacrosse will face No. 7 seed Cornell on Saturday in the Final Four

Back to single digits .. nice quick response … need to do that 10 more times :)

RU knows it is over … watch PU beat UMD to top off the day.

MICH did beat UMD in baseball in the tourney. Maybe RU makes some noise with a win tonight.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Wow. Very surprised by this result. Only thought UMD could do that to us.

To the lax experts, did BB make any halftime adjustments? To my untrained eye, it didn’t seem like it.

• Haha
Reactions: Leonard23
So what do we need to get back here next year? I think we are at the point where we should be reloading, not rebuilding. If we get the goalie from Harvard, that's a start. Yet again we need another FO man. Probably going to need a lot of defensive replacements.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
To the lax experts, did BB make any halftime adjustments? To my untrained eye, it didn’t seem like it.
I think he did. Rutgers pressed the ball on defense more and seemed to handle picks better. But I think we weren't prepared individually on getting punched in the mouth all game. I think Cornell played alot more aggressive on defense and on the ride than our past opponents. And it worked. Hats off to them. They played an intense in your face game and I think we were a little flustered. Let's get back here in a couple years!!

Final Four is an incredible achievement, especially for Rutgers.

Wish the game was closer, but losing by 1 or losing by 10 is the same result: the season is done.

Always special to be the first to get something done (Final Four), and that can never be taken away from this year’s team.

Get some great freshman and transfer guys, and reload.

Instead of spending $30 million on a lacrosse stadium, why not use $3 million a year to Texas A&M a championship team for the next 10 years?

Reactions: brookdale-soda
Yes, we are all disappointed in the outcome, but I could not be more proud of these kids. The first time we've ever been in the national semi-finals and I'm positive we will be back there soon, but this time winning and getting to the national championship. Thank you lax guys for an amazing and memorable season.

Cornell better be prepared to pony up big time or I see a B1G/ACC school stealing away their HC at some point.
Maryland hired Tillman from Harvard.,,,Cornell has more lax heritage and blue blood than Harvard...i think they pony up and pay the man...what BIG10 team would you go to that has better heritage than Cornell , only reason would be recruiting at the academic level or go to a school to move a program from club level to D1. ..

Maryland hired Tillman from Harvard.,,,Cornell has more lax heritage and blue blood than Harvard...i think they pony up and pay the man...what BIG10 team would you go to that has better heritage than Cornell , only reason would be recruiting at the academic level or go to a school to move a program from club level to D1. ..
Hopkins has the better heritage and may be regretting they picked the wrong guy from Cornell.

Or Michigan could want to pay mucho dinero for Cornell's HC. Michigan doesn't tolerate losing in any sport and it's only a matter of time before they go all in with a monster HC hire.
Michigan coach was considered a rising assistant coach who was at Maryland before being hired.. .they will give him at least 3 more years as he has been there since 2018 season

Yes, we are all disappointed in the outcome, but I could not be more proud of these kids. The first time we've ever been in the national semi-finals and I'm positive we will be back there soon, but this time winning and getting to the national championship. Thank you lax guys for an amazing and memorable season.
This Rutgers Mens Lax team has had historic accomplishments. And they are great young men also. Future teams will stand in the strong shoulders of this 2022 team, just like they did of their predecessors of Charlambides, Mullin, Kirst, Rexrode, Edelman, Henninburg, Pless and on and on.

I agree, Rutgers Lax is in a GREAT place.

I know weather was iffy but I was shocked how small the attendance was at Hartford today.

Was this similar to other years at Rentschler.

Hofstra seemed better when I was there.

Day didn’t go they way we wanted it to

But really proud of this team. What a group of great young men and families.

When the dust settles tomorrow, we all will remember that this is the best RU team in modern history and maybe ever...

It’s really hard to get into this field...

It’s even harder to win a game in the NCAA

To get to a final four, you gotta be elite

Today wasn’t our day...hats off to Cornell

For us, it was an emotional day...tough to see it end...I won’t be around as much but we thank Rutgers Nation for a great ride. Our family will forever be grateful and will always support this team and program

What a run

Cheers

Cornell’s coaching comp is not great. They lost Petro to Hopkins and Tambroni to Penn St. this one is an alum but that only goes so far. I could see Michigan getting him. Though that will be a big job when it opens.

I've been following RU lacrosse since the days of the great John Valestra. This was a great season, albeit made somewhat bittersweet by the way it ended. But that game shouldn't be allowed to define this season. Our only losses were to the best teams out there. Rutgers proved they belong with the game's elite. Big steps were taken. No looking back.

Great season and a lot to be proud of. We lose some key players but we did last year too. Our only losses this season were from the other three Final Four teams.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Cornell’s coaching comp is not great. They lost Petro to Hopkins and Tambroni to Penn St. this one is an alum but that only goes so far. I could see Michigan getting him. Though that will be a big job when it opens.

With the possible exception of hockey, the Ivies don't pay coaches at Power 5 levels. Leeway with recruiting is an important factor. And there is more leeway time wise for improving the program. It would definitely take a significant bump to move him from Cornell but it's possible.

Reactions: Caliknight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT