ADVERTISEMENT

No. 7 Rutgers Men's Lacrosse at No. 1 Maryland for Sunday Afternoon Showdown on BTN2Go NOW AT 1pm

Getting killed on faceoffs now. 11-9. Connor Kelly absolutely rips one.

Great effort guys ... need to regroup against PSU and OSU and make the B1G tourney

Enjoy the time delay on B1G ... Need RU to win next week to finish Top 4 in conference

Damn. Needed another play.

Going to be tough now. Maryland is so good in these management situations.

RU in every game in 4th quarter this year ... time to watch RU BB lose by 1 to Illinois again

Tough, tough loss. I can't wait until ALL RUTGERS sports teams actually win these kinds of close games. I feel this is in our DNA and we need to eviscerate it sooner than later. We now need to beat PSU and OSU, make the B1G tourney and then make the NCAA tourney, which the "committee" has kept us out of when we belonged.

A loss is a loss, but this doesn't hurt us. A win would have obviously helped tremendously, but no one watching that game or looking at the score can say we aren't right there. Our SoS will go up, even with the loss.

Penn St. is must win next week. It's going to be a battle.

Good to be at HPSS. Like every other B1G team, we are just better at home.

My point stands. We completely imploded against Princeton and Hopkins in the 4th each time. Today we didn’t.

That was far from an implosion. I was impressed with the kids composure to come back after a rough start. They left it out there. Hit a few posts, a couple different bounces, the little things are the difference at this point.

Maryland is a great team. They are deep. Well coached, and very athletic. Odds on favorite to win the NC again. We competed very well.

On to Penn St. which is a massive game. And was always going to be.

Thanks. It was another great game in this league. Maryland is just a tough team. You don't make many mistakes, play very hard, and are deep at every level. Playing at home was plus. I'm impressed with the athleticism of your team. Hope to see you all in the B1G tourney.

That was far from an implosion. I was impressed with the kids composure to come back after a rough start. They left it out there. Hit a few posts, a couple different bounces, the little things are the difference at this point.

Maryland is a great team. They are deep. Well coached, and very athletic. Odds on favorite to win the NC again. We competed very well.

On to Penn St. which is a massive game. And was always going to be.

I didn’t call today an implosion brotha; not at all just a bad start unfortunately.

I know, sounds like someone else was. Great college lax game. We just came up a little short against number 1 on their home turf. Nothing to hang heads about.

I will say this ... It was nice to see more of the calls go RU’s way today!

I know, sounds like someone else was. Great college lax game. We just came up a little short against number 1 on their home turf. Nothing to hang heads about.

Others have stated but just really tired of being beat in 4th Q by one. Not being able to finish off games is beyond infuriating. Today may have been a touch different in that they went on a run and we couldn’t respond for a minute and a half. It happens but just tired of typing those words because it is far too often and would much rather be responding about how we pulled one out. Frustrated. Love our team and we showed we are championship caliber.

Lose AT Army. Ourscored 3-1 in the 4th.
Lose AT Princeton. Outscored 4-1 in the 4th.
Lose AT Maryland. Outscored 3-2 in the 4th.

Like to think that, unlike JHU, the kids will take care of PSU in HPSS next week.

Must win at Ohio State in 2 weeks. Lost 3 road games by a total of 4 goals, outscored 10-4 in the 4th.

Ladies and gentlemen, that is your 2018 Rutgers Scarlet Knights. Fight hard on the road, but come up short again and again.

Like to think that, unlike JHU, the kids will take care of PSU in HPSS next week.

Must win at Ohio State in 2 weeks. Lost 3 road games by a total of 4 goals, outscored 10-4 in the 4th.

Ladies and gentlemen, that is your 2018 Rutgers Scarlet Knights. Fight hard on the road, but come up short again and again.
This is a senior laden team.

Win 2 then win the tourney. We have the resume of an at large if there ever was one (loss to #1 and #6 by 1 goal each) but don’t leave it in their hands this time.

Not sure how fogo stats ended up but it seemed like it favored md. Our face off guy is ranked #38. We need to get better here...

We won 5 more than they did. Pretty significant. They got one when they really needed it at the end, but our fogo JoJo had a great day at the x. Better than expected.

Good effort but unfortunately not good enough to take down a #1 on the road. I will go back to what I said at the beginning of the season when others talked about contending for a NC before AC got hurt, just make the tournament. That is the bar this senior laden team must rise above in order to keep this program moving in the right direction. I don't care how they do it, but I see no excuse for Brecht and company not getting it done this year. So yes they better find a way against PSU and OSU the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: biazza38
Good effort but unfortunately not good enough to take down a #1 on the road. I will go back to what I said at the beginning of the season when others talked about contending for a NC before AC got hurt, just make the tournament. That is the bar this senior laden team must rise above in order to keep this program moving in the right direction. I don't care how they do it, but I see no excuse for Brecht and company not getting it done this year. So yes they better find a way against PSU and OSU the next couple of weeks.
Basically this. We’re recruiting talented players, but so is everyone else. This isn’t easy. PSU is playing very well right now. If they are able to recover and sneak into the tournament it would be very dissappointing. We have to beat them. No excuses

Reactions: RUMountie

Tough to lump in a 3-2 4th, vs #1/defending champs, with those other 2 losses. Those 2 were awful, IMHO, this one was just "dang, BUT they're #1 for a reason."

Maryland was gettable. Just needed another play, like the Hopkins game. No ref controversy here though. EMO needs to do better. We didn't play well in the first half, and still should have had the lead.

Reactions: RUMountie
ADVERTISEMENT