ADVERTISEMENT

No. 8/9 Rutgers Men’s Lacrosse Hosted RV/RV Utah Saturday

Not the start to the quarter we want.

They get a quick two one of a terrible turnover.

Fvcking hell. 3 in a row for Utah after yet another simple clear turnover.

High school level mistakes. Bad high school level mistakes.

Another failed clear.

Brecht is going to have a conniption on the kids. And they are earning it.

At times today we are playing as sloppy and as soft as I have seen us play in a few years.

Other times they look unbeatable.

Its not easy being a Rutgers fan.Too many good and bad performances during games.

Not even going to comment on this game this week. Just too much to work for them.

THey play like this against Princeton, it's going to be a bloodbath.

Man, least comfortable 4 goal win ever!

I knew this was going to be a nail biter. Didn’t expect the sloppy and soft play that let Utah hang around.

Utah is a couple of pieces short of being a very good team. They will be interesting to watch as the season progresses.

Happy to come away with the W. On to Princeton. Gonna need a much better effort next week.

On the plus side we must have defended well when 1 man down as Utah 0 for 3.

I know we said this team likes to run and gun and is good in transition but lets be honest....this team was 1-3 for a reason and they gave us all we wanted. I think the last two seasons maybe spoiled us a little.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy_Faulker
The team seems to have some glaring issues with consistency in the middle of the field. It was apparent against Army and again today.

Hopkins up 15-12 on St. Joe's in the 4th. PSU down 6-5 to Penn. Team needs to not lose focus like this vs Princeton or they're gonna have problems next week.

I have no idea which team wins the B1G this year. Conference is completely wide open. Every team has at least one signature win though thus far.

I have no idea which team wins the B1G this year. Conference is completely wide open. Every team has at least one signature win though thus far.

It won't be Michigan or Hopkins. Of the remaining 4 I'd say Maryland is most likely and PSU least, but any could win it.

PSU up 14-9 on Penn in the 4th. I'm thinking the Ivy isn't nearly as good this year.

Handley is not puting up the numbers he did last year. If he's getting doubled, nobody's steppping up.

The Ivies are paying a price for their late openings they didn't last year. As we found out today, Cornell is for real. The other tourney teams will be defined in the next 2 weeks. No way they get 6. I say 3, 4 if some teams catch fire.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Congrats on the win RU! Brian get pretty meticulous about a lot of things but the one thing that drives him nuts is failed clears and sloppy play in the middle of the field. I didn’t see the game, but I assume he’s gonna be testy this week…especially with the rope guys.

We are have been very good clearing historically under Brecht which is a big part of our success.

A lot of teams concede to us but those that don’t seem to give us trouble. Army rode hard. Hats off.

Today we we were throwing the ball away and at some point your middies simply have to beat a guy or two with the ball. That’s why we recruit athletes.

10 man rides are not easy to clear against. I’d like to see us do that to teams too. Mullin is an athlete. He can come out.

I haven’t talked to Brain but I can tell you he’s not happy. Not after that clearing display. We need to get that cleaned up fast.

Always good to work on things after a win though.

My top line thoughts about the game that I posted on Wednesday below. I should’ve bet the over. #19 pole with a goal & assist. DID NOT expect the sloppiness on the clears. Coaches have some personnel decisions to make before the Princeton matchup. Won’t get any easier moving forward.

“The Utes push transition hard and really trust their poles to run shoot and score. Better keep their eyes on #19 as he may be the best transition pole in D1. Should be a fun game to watch. What’s the over/under? I’d put it at 30.5.”

The clearing issue was very odd to me. I don’t feel like their 10 man gave us that much trouble tbh. We didn’t get trapped much at all and didn’t turn it over a lot off the carry. We simply threw a lot of really bad passes, and many were not really under a lot of duress. And we mishandled a bunch of passes and let them dribble out of bounds. It was an inexplicable breakdown of basic fundamentals.

Reactions: Caliknight and rags
My top line thoughts about the game that I posted on Wednesday below. I should’ve bet the over. #19 pole with a goal & assist. DID NOT expect the sloppiness on the clears. Coaches have some personnel decisions to make before the Princeton matchup. Won’t get any easier moving forward.

“The Utes push transition hard and really trust their poles to run shoot and score. Better keep their eyes on #19 as he may be the best transition pole in D1. Should be a fun game to watch. What’s the over/under? I’d put it at 30.5.”
I'll take #19 in the portal, please.

ADVERTISEMENT