ADVERTISEMENT

No. 8 Rutgers Women's Soccer Returns Home for Matchups with No. 16 Michigan ( Wednesday) and Iowa (Sunday)

Holding the ball too long and playing too central. If we spread them we will score often. We have more speed up front. Wet pitch not helping.....

0-0 Halftime. Could be 5-0.

Is #15 Daigle? She works hard but she is struggling on the wing on defense.

She has given it to Iowa almost every time she has possessed it.

Go RU.

Thanks for the updates Luvsk.

B1G regular season championship on the line today (I would say that every game here on out).

Looking forward to seeing your post(s) from when we score!

Reactions: Scarlettrooper
Tiernan keeps getting into 6 but cannot get that final touch on the ball.

20 shots 7 saves. Dominating and hitting posts. Iowa is tired but goalie playing well.

2nd half stats show:
Shots: 14-0 RU
Corners: 5-0 RU

How much possession has Iowa had in the 2nd half?

Very disappointed in giving up a shot in the 2nd half … 19-1 so far.

Luvsk -

Thanks for all of the updates!

What did you see on the foul that led to the penalty?

I think hand ball. It was not clear. I was on opposite end. I was also listening to WRSU and they seemed surprised and unsure as well. Referee was not very consistent. IMHO we should have had 2 more PK's

Last edited:
Reactions: RUonBrain
Michigan State and Purdue seem to be the biggest challengers to a Rutgers title. MSU beat OSU 1-0 today and is now in 2nd pending the Purdue result. Purdue just scored again in the 87th minute.
Next Sunday's game against MSU will be huge.

Two things while Riley is going to be one of the best she still keeps the ball on her feet a little too long many times
Also I hate to say this but our offense creates way more opportunities when Amirah is out of the game she had a ply with about 20 minutes to go where she had the ball at the 18 and there were not only 1 but two girls to her left with absolutely no defenders within 5 yards of them and never looked up to pass the ball

Reactions: Scarlettrooper
Michigan State and Purdue seem to be the biggest challengers to a Rutgers title. MSU beat OSU 1-0 today and is now in 2nd pending the Purdue result. Purdue just scored again in the 87th minute.
Next Sunday's game against MSU will be huge.
Just when you think the universe is going RU’s way … PU gets 3 scores to get the comeback win.

Just looked at our schedule
6-0 in conference.

5 of 6 conference wins were by 1 goal.
Defeated Michigan 4-1.

That’s stressful!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT