ADVERTISEMENT

No. 9 Rutgers Women's Soccer Wraps Up Regular Season on the Road at Indiana ( Thursday) and Illinois (Saturday)

Not sure how to link but the women can officially lock up the Big 10 championship tonight with a win or tie at Indiana and of course they play Illinois on Sunday; Both games on Big 10+; not sure why more of our games were not on regular Big 10 network but I will be watching tonight and can't of course wait for the Big 10 tourney followed by the NCAA's;
As an aside since 2 of my daughters went to FSU they are playing UNC on the ACC network at 7 tonight; FSU of course has been ranked #1 all season I have a second vested interest in that they actually play 2 goalies and they alternate games the second goalie being Mia Justis who was a former North Brunswick resident and is related to Tim Howard

RU should be extra motivated to win the crown outright tonight as well as keep their RPI at potential 1 seed level (RPI is #4). If RU wins out and then wins the B1G Tourney, there's a strong chance that RU won't have to travel at all until the Final Four and have 4 NCAA Tourney games at Yurcak.

RU should be extra motivated to win the crown outright tonight as well as keep their RPI at potential 1 seed level (RPI is #4). If RU wins out and then wins the B1G Tourney, there's a strong chance that RU won't have to travel at all until the Final Four and have 4 NCAA Tourney games at Yurcak.
That would be awesome in watching the Michigan State game in which we got off 30 shots we still have to finish better and get better shots as many of them were not even good shots

Reactions: bigmatt718
That would be awesome in watching the Michigan State game in which we got off 30 shots we still have to finish better and get better shots as many of them were not even good shots
Not sure how to link but the women can officially lock up the Big 10 championship tonight with a win or tie at Indiana and of course they play Illinois on Sunday; Both games on Big 10+; not sure why more of our games were not on regular Big 10 network but I will be watching tonight and can't of course wait for the Big 10 tourney followed by the NCAA's;
As an aside since 2 of my daughters went to FSU they are playing UNC on the ACC network at 7 tonight; FSU of course has been ranked #1 all season I have a second vested interest in that they actually play 2 goalies and they alternate games the second goalie being Mia Justis who was a former North Brunswick resident and is related to Tim Howard
Just as an aside Mia Justus committed to Rutgers in the eighth grade. She remained here for about 2 years until being seduced by IMG.

she had an interesting training group at PDA. Casey Murphy, Meg McClelland worked together with the same trainer. She was heiress apparent here when Zerg left.

anyway good luck to your daughters

Just as an aside Mia Justus committed to Rutgers in the eighth grade. She remained here for about 2 years until being seduced by IMG.

she had an interesting training group at PDA. Casey Murphy, Meg McClelland worked together with the same trainer. She was heiress apparent here when Zerg left.

anyway good luck to your daughters
Correct she sure did but the family also moved to Ohio so the lure of playing in front of her hometown was also gone; the other thing is when I knew her and she played another sport for me and of course you knew she was an athlete she was very small but she really grew 5'9" know. I think she has only let up like two goals this whole year but FSU has probably only let up like maybe 5 goals the whole year but they will be tested as besides UNC tonight they finish with Duke and Virginia so a tough last 3 games.

Excellent goal by Ali. McClelland with big save early. Mason still coughing too many balls up. Should be Lynch & Misal at OB in the 2nd half. Overall playing good soccer.

Good to see an RU lead … Indy was dominating early on and almost scored in the first few minutes.

Wonderful game tonight. RU is just relentless on the attack, and our players don’t get tired because our depth allows us to play lots of subs without much dip in the quality of play.

Without sounding perverted I can’t even imagine what the scene is like in that locker room right now!!!

RU played an excellent game. IU had only given up 8 goals all year. McClelland with 2 more excellent saves in the 2nd half. Her best game of the year. Probably does a lot for her confidence. Good time for her to get hot.
Shea Holland came in for Kassidy Banks maybe mid way through the 1st half & played the entire 2nd half & played an excellent game. She & Provenzano play very well together.
Congrats Ladies on a great win & for winning RU's first ever Big Ten Championship!!!

Reactions: RUonBrain and MS-RU
I had a chance to talk to coach O’Neill this week. He was very pumped to bring RU it’s first big ten title but they definitely want more. He knows if they keep on winning there are a lot of big home games coming our way. And he is a super nice guy.

Great night for RU sports. The RU women's soccer team showed that we belong. This will hopefully be the first of many B1G championships for RU. Congratulations to the RU women's soccer program - richly deserved. Thanks for leading the way.

Reactions: RUonBrain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT