ADVERTISEMENT

No Gavitt Game this year

kcg88

Heisman Winner
Aug 11, 2017

This always made the most sense to me. Rutgers has played three while many Big Ten teams have only played two (and Michigan State has played zero).

Rutgers, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Nebraska, and Wisconsin have all played 3.

Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, and Purdue have all played 2.

Those seven plus Michigan State was the logical arrangement for this year.

Now we need to get another P5 school on our schedule but time is really running out for that.

Play Princeton!!!! Different paced games will help for tourney.

That is the rumor but I don't think it is definite yet. SHU should try playing them, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Indiana, Purdue, Nebraska and the other 6 BIG members every year and 7 of them twice every year. That is 20 games every year against perhaps the toughest conference in the country. That is why RU's SOS is one of the highest in the nation. I myself am so glad we are in the BIG.

No loss skipping a game associated with that guy and his extended family of Providence minions. Plenty of other good options outside the CYO league.

Reactions: RC71 and knight82
2 preseason top 25 teams. When was the last time MSU payed a top 25 NJ team in NJ?

Not NJ but they played Kentucky at MSG in 2017 and Duke in 2012. Plus this year's Champions Classic is at MSG as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT