ADVERTISEMENT

No Shame Notre Dame

Believe it when I see it. Notre Dame is dying to win another national championship. Not that I think they will win if they are in.

College football coaches think the can blackmail governors of other states is funny. Most of them don't care.

He’s right. Why fly all the way to CA to play a game in front of nobody? Completely unnecessary. Have it somewhere where where parents/family can attend. What difference does it make where the game is played?

He’s right. Why fly all the way to CA to play a game in front of nobody? Completely unnecessary. Have it somewhere where where parents/family can attend. What difference does it make where the game is played?
Play a game with family attending but no TV money or bowl payout. Sounds brilliant. 🙄

Reactions: BLewis1968
Notre Dame rules CFB. They are in a league all by themselves. And it will always be like that.
Just get used to it. Reagan would never have made it as a politician if he didn't utter "win one for the Gipper."

Reactions: Knightmoves
Is it that bad of an idea to let maybe at most 500 people (family members) per team sit, socially distanced,, in a 80k stadium to witness a major event in their child's life?
^This is the proper perspective, so I have no problem with Kelly making a statement like this.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Good for him.
I hope he sticks to his guns and sets up a Theater Screen in Notre Dame's Assembly Hall so he, his family the ND coaching staff, the imitation Irish players and their families have a place to watch the playoffs together...

Hopefully Dabo the Leprechaun and his corn beef and cabbage crew makes those fake fighting Irish start calling themselves Limey lapdogs after the whooping Clemson gives them. [roll]

Reactions: redking
He’s 100000% bluffing. If not, his players and fans should run him out of town.
Yes.. this is the football recruiting version of virtue signalling... look how strong Brian kelly is in fighting for his players!

Does this mean he demands ND go to Atlanta and not Pasadena? The title game is in Florida. California may have the Gov on the ropes about opening things up. This is grandstanding as I think Georgia and Florida would allow families.

Last edited:
Well the sponsor has some input there. ; )
I think you have a great point and think ( as pointed out in this thread) the sponsors will say the size of venue makes social distancing easy and demand families of players be allowed to attend.

Actually, despite my dislike of Notre Dame, Kelly was right to stand up for the families being able to attend.
Hopfully after Clemson beats the imitation Irish, attendance won't be at a playoff game

Yes.. this is the football recruiting version of virtue signalling... look how strong Brian kelly is in fighting for his players!

Does this mean he demands ND got to Atlanta and not Pasadena? The title game is in Florida. Califonia may have the Gov on the ropes about opening things up. This is grandstanding as I think Georgia and Florida would allow families.
I think win or lose tomorrow they’d be in the rose bowl because they would finish either 2 or 3... so hopefully that’s not what he’s banking on.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
I don't like Kelly or Notre Dame, but I 100% agree with the complaints by him and Swinney.

The entire world has had to adjust to change due to Covid, players and their families have made a lot of sacrifice and changes due to Covid, and we are going to have 1/2 of the playoff at a site without fans because the Rose Bowl can't change??

The Rose Bowl can move to a site that allows limited attendance, or "the Rose Bowl" can be cancelled this year and the playoff semifinal (without a bowl name attached to it) should be played at a site with limited attendance.

He remembers the last time he played Alabama in the playoffs and is looking for a way out

Reactions: shields
I guess ND doesn't have to worry anymore about fans/family allowed at the Rose Bowl

I don’t know if anybody mentioned it.... but B1G Commissioner, Kevin Warren, was VERY against moving the Rose Bowl. Said it ruined over a hundred years of tradition, and that fans don’t matter. Just another example of why he was such an awful hire.

I don’t know if anybody mentioned it.... but B1G Commissioner, Kevin Warren, was VERY against moving the Rose Bowl. Said it ruined over a hundred years of tradition, and that fans don’t matter. Just another example of why he was such an awful hire.
If he did say that
His 100 years of tradition took a break in 1942.
That year the Rose Bowl was moved to Durham North Carolina..

What a joke. That area of Texas is a hot spot also and reporting record cases and hospitalization. To try and blame it on covid is a big joke. Just say you wanted money and fans and move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT