ADVERTISEMENT

Norcross ally joins Board of Governors

retired711

Heisman Winner
Nov 20, 2001
Cherry Hill
This appointee's rhetoric is about fully funding Rutgers-Camden, not about merging the institution with Rowan. Although of course I like the thought of more money here, I wonder how one decides what is equitable considering the payroll and library services provided to Camden by New Brunswick.

Norcross ally on BOG

It's impressive- and an indictment of this state- that the nominee that can basically say how flagrantly political his appointment is.

He's there for Camden, in his own words, nevermind the overwhelming the majority of the students and employees being elsewhere.

He has no RU connections.

He is from a politically connected South Jersey law firm.

Imagine an appointee to the TTFP board saying, "I'm here for Abington," brandishing his Indiana University of PA degree and connection to whoever the local Nocross is. How would that go over?

Pathetic.

The South Jersey machine will not be satiated until Camden gets the same money from the state New Brunswick does and they control appointments to the BOG/BOT and the University entirely. And the Governor is only too pleased to aid and abet them in chipping away at Rutgers' independence.

My god if Sweeney were to have his way, or become governor, RU is so, so, so screwed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT