ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern does it!

SBP

All Conference
Feb 5, 2003
They are improving. Gonna be tough game.

They are playing better than us now. We better find a way.

Playing well at the end of tge season is a HUGE determining factor for seeding

Who will step up for us a score some friggin points ? We will see…

Reactions: MiloTalon13
I'd wager to say that every result, save possibly Nebraska-Wisconsin, went against RU this weekend. Gotta figure it out quick.

Reactions: RUJMM78
NW might finish 11-9, schedule still a monster.....Indiana comes into NW next on Wednesday night. Impossible to ask for a back to back after emptying the tank the last 2 to 3 outings.

Give them their due, but 6 games left to play. Great scene and somewhere, Miller Kopp (Indiana) Pete Nance (North Carolina) and Ryan Young (Duke) all left Northwestern, seeking a little more spotlight. And Boo Buie, Audige and the others stepped up with a bunch of grinders instead, thar frankly just play harder and with more grit.

Chris Collins might have stolen B1G coach of the year from Pike and Matt Painter, if they can get to 12-8 in the B1G.

In terms of RU and some fans still interested in making the Mawot Mag excuse, evidence again to stop looking for reasons why you can't and start looking for reasons to win.

Don't be surprised if RU runs the table....and closes it out vs NW to do so.

NW might finish 11-9, schedule still a monster.....Indiana comes into NW next on Wednesday night. Impossible to ask for a back to back after emptying the tank the last 2 to 3 outings.

Give them their due, but 6 games left to play. Great scene and somewhere, Miller Kopp (Indiana) Pete Nance (North Carolina) and Ryan Young (Duke) all left Northwestern, seeking a little more spotlight. And Boo Buie, Audige and the others stepped up with a bunch of grinders instead, thar frankly just play harder and with more grit.

Chris Collins might have stolen B1G coach of the year from Pike and Matt Painter, if they can get to 12-8 in the B1G.

In terms of RU and some fans still interested in making the Mawot Mag excuse, evidence again to stop looking for reasons why you can't and start looking for reasons to win.

Hawk, much respect… but run the table? Not sure even the most optimistic fan can envision that the way this offense is playing. Who can possibly take over a game? Paul has, and can, but the past 2 games pretty weal sauce. 🤷🏻‍♂️

This team still has a lot to prove. Too much hype throughout the season. We could still crash and burn. Lack of consistent offense kills us. Could still flame out of everything.

Reactions: Rutgers56
They are improving. Gonna be tough game.

They are playing better than us now. We better find a way.

Playing well at the end of tge season is a HUGE determining factor for seeding

Who will step up for us a score some friggin points ? We will see…
Hawk, much respect… but run the table? Not sure even the most optimistic fan can envision that the way this offense is playing. Who can possibly take over a game? Paul has, and can, but the past 2 games pretty weal sauce. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Before our run of beating 4 top 25 teams how’d we look. For all the people who can predict the future you are wasting your time here, go play the lottery.

So many of you are so beaten down from losing the first time you see trouble you guys crap yourselves. Them winning is good. Improves our win on their own home court.

RU has played 3 rugged defensive teams in a row and although the 2nd half was ugly vs Illinois, the Illinois lineup from 1 to 9, is probably the most athletic in the B1G.

The remaining RU schedule, doesn't provide anyone we don't matchup against, outside of Michigan. I am still completely sold that there's tons of upside on offense for RU, if we play more Simpson and now, we have no choice but to play Aundre Hyatt 26 to 28 minutes a game now.

If the staff just goes with the right matchup of Palmquist or Woolfolk vs the rest of this schedule, there's a few more 3 pointers there for Oskar to stretch the floor. I don't see Penn State, Wisconsin, Nebraska or Minnesota as opponents that Simpson, Hyatt and Palmquist can't find space to shoot.

And I'm still leery about Cam Spencer turning down shots, but he'll find room to score in most of these final 6 games.

Love the optimism, but no chance RU runs the table. Just too many deficiencies on offense that the defense without Mag cannot make up for. This does not mean that Mag being out is the reason we won't run the table, but rather is highly likely we will not. The lack of an offense is just too much to be overcome by a key loss on defense. We will win games, but we may end up splitting the rest of the season of being one or two below .500 in the remaining games. Just a tough reality when you have a razor thin sliver of operating margin room.

There is ZERO chance RU runs the table
I’m not expecting us to run the table. But we will likely be favored in all of these remaining games. It wouldn’t be the craziest thing ever

I’m not expecting us to run the table. But we will likely be favored in all of these remaining games. It wouldn’t be the craziest thing ever
Cryptocurrency Defi GIF by 1inch

I can envision it easily. Maybe you haven’t looked at our schedule or have been closely following our team this year.
4-2 is the floor, 5-1 most likely, 6-0 certainly possible.

I can envision it easily. Maybe you haven’t looked at our schedule or have been closely following our team this year.
4-2 is the floor, 5-1 most likely, 6-0 certainly possible.

This team is so bipolar. We can certainly run the table. At the same time we can certainly go 0-6.

Just need to focus on the next game

RU still top 9 in conference and tied for 5th with 5 teams … feels like the year RU won the Big East in football with 50% of the league.

Hoping RU finishes 11-9 or 12-8 … could sneak in at 13-7 … see RU wrapping up 3-3.

Just doing math here and making up odds per game.

Nebraska, 75% chance we win at home
At Wisconsin, 50% (my game, my odds)
Michigan, 60% (RAC)
At Penn State, 50%
At Minnesota, 70% (yes they played okay yesterday)
Northwestern on Senior Day, 60%

Odds of sweeping, given above percentages = 4.7%

Even if every game was a 70% chance, the odds are only 11.76% chance of winning all six.

It's not a zero percent chance but it is not highly probable.

Every calculation regarding six remaining games must take in consideration that the Rutgers team is having great difficulty scoring sixty points. because of long scoring droughts.

Reactions: SBP
1) Lots of season left
2) How’d the double bye work for us last year?

Just take it one game at a time and hold serve in games we’re favored in… which might be every game remaining on our schedule.
I'm not a huge fan of being double bye. I think there are benefits to playing a lower seeded team in your first game a getting another "w" vs. playing a top team with a game under them already. just look at last year..

Quarterfinals — Friday, March 11
Game 7: No. 9 Indiana 65, No. 1 Illinois 63
Game 8: No. 5 Iowa 84, No. 4 Rutgers 74
Game 9: No. 7 Michigan State 69, No. 2 Wisconsin 63
Game 10: No. 3 Purdue 69, No. 11 Penn State 61

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT