ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern- Fitzgerald Suspended, Now Fired Due to Hazing

Hard to believe that skin color was any factor
Yes, we are all well aware of just how hard it is for you, as a white male, to ever believe such a thing. Unless, of course, it's perceived racism or bigotry directed against white males which is, to you we understand, the real problem.

But hey, it can't hurt to frequently remind us anyway, as you appear to like to do. 😉

Geez, Northwestern was considered by many the leading academic institution of the Big 10. Now, they will sit side by side with Penn State as a national embarrassment for the Big Ten. Please no tailgate flags this fall showing any indication of these charges since this will enrage the fans of this "deplorable" athletic dept as it did the Penn State fans just a few years ago.

Last edited:
Geez, Northwestern was considered by many the leading academic institution of the Big 10. Now, they will sit side by side with Penn State as a national embarrassment for the Big Ten. Please no tailgate flags this fall showing any indication of these charges since this will enrage the fans of this "deplorable" athletic dept as it did the Penn State fans just a few years ago.
It still should be sitting at 1) PSU 2)MSU 3) NWU

And hate to say it has not had any long or for that matter, much short term effect on any of the schools

But oh boy- just let us ask for an extra credit assignment...

• Haha
Reactions: RUfinally2008
It still should be sitting at 1) PSU 2)MSU 3) NWU

And hate to say it has not had any long or for that matter, much short term effect on any of the schools

But oh boy- just let us ask for an extra credit assignment...
You are correct, I totally forgot about that crack medical staff at MSU. I wonder if each state these "fine" institutions reside in has a Star Ledger type newspaper. Clearly, it took a student newspaper to blow this recent NWU case wide open, not paid journalists. I wonder if paid journalists looked the other way, or were lazy or just weren't privy to insider information to help break the NWU case.

You are correct, I totally forgot about that crack medical staff at MSU. I wonder if each state these "fine" institutions reside in has a Star Ledger type newspaper. Clearly, it took a student newspaper to blow this recent NWU case wide open, not paid journalists. I wonder if paid journalists looked the other way, or were lazy or just weren't privy to insider information to help break the NWU case.
It also seems now that there are enough players in mult sports at Northwestern that have come forward, that this is not just a money grab.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
It also seems now that there are enough players in mult sports at Northwestern that have come forward, that this is not just a money grab.
Yup, wide spread infractions in many sports. Talk about a breakdown in protection of student athletes. I know as a parent you've had experience with children in college sports. I wonder how much pressure there is in keeping this type of stuff in house just to survive the locker room or in keeping a scholarship. It is way to much stress for these 18-23 year olds to handle I fear.

Their OC was Chip Kelly, they ran up and down the field on us.
Regardless that team would’ve beaten plenty of FBS teams. Wagner hasn’t beaten many FCS teams over the past 3+ years. We’re not losing to Wagner. Ash wouldn’t have even lost to them.

Regardless that team would’ve beaten plenty of FBS teams. Wagner hasn’t beaten many FCS teams over the past 3+ years. We’re not losing to Wagner. Ash wouldn’t have even lost to them.
Some of these people are not worth responding to. Miserable fans, if they are even fans of RU.

Ben Crump? I realize Avenatti is sitting in prison, but it's hard to believe Gloria Allred (or her ambulance chasing daughter) wasn't available.

Athletic article:

How a hazing culture evolved at Northwestern’s Camp Kenosha: ‘There’s a significance to ritual’​

“I knew this day would come,” says a former Northwestern football player, who as a freshman in the 2010s got “ran on” — the player’s term for getting dry-humped by upperclassmen — during Fitzgerald’s tenure as head coach, which began in 2006. “If someone were to run an investigation on us, we are f—ed.”

“When you take (a team) off-site to a camp with no interaction, no women, sh– is going to get weird,” says one former Northwestern player who was on the roster during the mid-2010s. “You are in Kenosha, you have to be off the grid the whole time, what do you think is going to happen? Young boys messing around and doing stuff.”

“The vets would tell the freshman, we all went through this sh–, man, you are going to laugh about it, and it’ll be funny as hell,” he says. He says the “running” continued in all of his years in the program and got more “creative” — a siren noise from the movie “The Purge” began to precede a group on their way to run a freshman, as an example. Two players who witnessed the “running” said it was involuntary, one of whom made it known he would fight anyone who tried. “I shook my head like, this is foolishness,” he says now. “If y’all touch me, y’all gon’ get y’all ass kicked. It was very cut and dry.”

I mean what happened at Penn state was terrible and a disgrace . But it didn’t really seem to matter to their football program in the long run . If anything, they are in better shape than paterno’s last few years.

What is your definition of a miserable fan. I believe all fans want the same thing.
Bringing up a New Hampshire game that happened in 2004 in a thread about beating Northwestern, as if it is even tangentially relevant to the team in 2023. Or entertaining the idea that RU might lose to Wagner.

I've met @RUScrew85 . He's a good guy. But he can be a bit of a downer on Rutgers. I'll give him a hug next time I see him, or at least his cardboard cutout that @MrsScrew brings to the tailgates.

Bringing up a New Hampshire game that happened in 2004 in a thread about beating Northwestern, as if it is even tangentially relevant to the team in 2023. Or entertaining the idea that RU might lose to Wagner.

I've met @RUScrew85 . He's a good guy. But he can be a bit of a downer on Rutgers. I'll give him a hug next time I see him, or at least his cardboard cutout that @MrsScrew brings to the tailgates.

Yeah 40 years of disappointment can make one a bit of a skeptic about good news.

Hug ya right back!

• Love
Reactions: Knight Shift
Havent seen the cutout- please tell me it is of you taking a nap...lol

During Covid the Phillies took charity donations to put life size pictures of fans in the seats. I donated and sent my pic in. After the "emergency" was over they offered the used cutouts back to the fans. Since my wife works about 30 minutes from Philly she popped over and picked them up. She uses them in funny situations.

It is a pic of me from a Spring Training Phillies game. Jersey, sun glasses, baseball hat. It was perfect for the original purpose.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Havent seen the cutout- please tell me it is of you taking a nap...lol

I DO have a picture of me lying across 4 seats in the second row behind the RU bench at the RAC during a game. The seats next to mine were empty. I couldn't resist the picture.

• Haha
Reactions: yesrutgers01
I mean what happened at Penn state was terrible and a disgrace . But it didn’t really seem to matter to their football program in the long run . If anything, they are in better shape than paterno’s last few years.
they became a program that just focused on the coaches overcoming the sanctions on the field with an us against the world attitude and inviting HS recruits to feel they could join that type of program while influential boosters fought through the courts and made th e NCAA's life miserable enough to give the Nits most of what they wanted.
What Penn State did was prove if you stick together and not let anything get in your way without a fight, winning can be everything and how you did it secondary if you refuse to accept the punishment you deserved.

My post here isn't meant to condemm as much as to show how Penn State overcame what most of us felt the sanctions imposed on them would just about destroy their ability to win for a long time

Now women's volleyball.

"The player, who filed her lawsuit anonymously, said she was injured while running sprints as part of a "punishment" sanctioned by coach Shane Davis, and that Davis "enabled a culture of racism, bullying, harassment, hazing and retaliation" within Northwestern's volleyball program."

"She said she contracted COVID in February 2021 and the coaches decided to punish her for breaking the team's COVID safety guidelines. She said she followed the guidelines.

In early March of that year, according to the lawsuit, Davis told his team's captains to pick a "punishment" for the player. The captains made the player "run suicide" sprints that included diving to the ground at each line on the gymnasium floor while her teammates and coaches watched. She said she was injured and required medical attention after completing the sprints."

Good story in the athletic if you subscribe about this (behind a paywall so not linking)

Northwestern players are not attending BIG media day events . Wow ! Weak sauce

same difference GIF

Paramount Network Kelly GIF by Yellowstone

Paramount Network Kelly GIF by Yellowstone

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT