ADVERTISEMENT

Nova beats Denver, Michigan beats Hopkins

Now, loser of the PSU vs Maryland has to worry. Imagine if Michigan wins the AQ, loser of PSU/Maryland probably out.

Reactions: dconifer
A lot of interesting developments at the end of the season. Nova is sending Denver to the sidelines. I watched RU destroy Nova in the last scrimmage as Kelly went on a tear. We all know what happened after that.

Then, we handle Michigan later in the season and they are in the B1G final. Go figure. So much of this game is in the matchups, and you can't exploit them when so many of your players are out with injuries. But for that, we coulda been a contender as the old line goes. Although, at full strength (and it pains me to say it)I think we still would have trouble with PSU.

Now watch Quint and Carc advocate giving UNC an at large bid to make it 5 for the ACC.

I think Maryland played itself out of a seed, or maybe even worse...

You better hope Penn St. wins the final. With Michigan as the AQ and Penn St. first in line for an at large by being in the finals, there is no way both Maryland and Hopkins make it. In fact, depending on how other games turn out, the possibility exists that both would be out.

You better hope Penn St. wins the final. With Michigan as the AQ and Penn St. first in line for an at large by being in the finals, there is no way both Maryland and Hopkins make it. In fact, depending on how other games turn out, the possibility exists that both would be out.

There is no way JHU is missing the tournament. Not a chance.

Maryland ... yes. Their at-large is far from assured.

Reactions: DowntownT_Brown
Shows how tough it is to win in lacrosse, or consistently. Maryland goes from an undefeated team, team of the ages, and 2 years later not a conference title nor a conference tourney championship. Plus now in danger of not making the NCAA playoffs.

To me, it isn't a soul-crusher to miss out on the post-season once in a while. For whatever reason, they just aren't that good this year...

https://247sports.com/college/maryl...-state-ncaa-tourney-hopes-in-doubt-231340455/

Last edited:
To me, it isn't a soul-crusher to miss out on the post-season once in a while. For whatever reason, they just aren't that good this year...

https://247sports.com/college/maryl...-state-ncaa-tourney-hopes-in-doubt-231340455/

A lot of factors at play, but one is Yale. Even with injuries to 3 starters they were looking good until their Top 2 FOGOs got hurt. Then #3 was dinged, toughed it out but got dominated. One possibly back the Ivy tourney, but if they don't make the finals the Ivies will likely get only the AQ in and a spot opens up.

Check the daily RPI and you’ll get the framework for your AL scenarios.

Michigan has to win the big ten tourney to get in…the two wins in a row over Ohio state carry little value. Beating Hopkins was big, but they’re not in if the lose to PSU and finish with a 9-7 record

Hopkins and PSU are locks for the NCAA

The question is does the big ten get a 3rd bid. I think that is at risk

Only 8 AL spots

ACC has 4 locked up

That leaves 4

Big East get one now (Denver)

That leaves 3:

Big Ten 1 (Hopkins)

Ivy 1 (TBD)

That leaves only 1 spot left for the Ivy and Big Ten to battle for.

In the mix in no order is Maryland, Michigan, Princeton, and honestly if Army gets beat, they will fall into this group of 3-5 teams for 1 last spot

If Michigan wins the AQ, then they’re actually stealing that last spot as Hop and PSU would get AL bids

Interesting

Check the daily RPI and you’ll get the framework for your AL scenarios.

Michigan has to win the big ten tourney to get in…the two wins in a row over Ohio state carry little value. Beating Hopkins was big, but they’re not in if the lose to PSU and finish with a 9-7 record

Hopkins and PSU are locks for the NCAA

The question is does the big ten get a 3rd bid. I think that is at risk

Only 8 AL spots

ACC has 4 locked up

That leaves 4

Big East get one now (Denver)

That leaves 3:

Big Ten 1 (Hopkins)

Ivy 1 (TBD)

That leaves only 1 spot left for the Ivy and Big Ten to battle for.

In the mix in no order is Maryland, Michigan, Princeton, and honestly if Army gets beat, they will fall into this group of 3-5 teams for 1 last spot

If Michigan wins the AQ, then they’re actually stealing that last spot as Hop and PSU would get AL bids

Interesting

I actually don't see the Ivies getting an a single at large unless Princeton beats Cornell in the final. That would mean they beat Yale in the semi and that's just too many recent losses for that injury riddled team.

After seeing Penn St. in the reg season finale, it was clear they were are very good.

Great goalie play, the D plays very connected, their faceoff game is very good, athletes in the middle of the field and they attack from every spot on the field.

We made a few mistakes and they capitalized on every single one. I said at the time don't be shocked to see them back in the FF. After hammering Maryland, I'm more convinced.

The B1G is just a tough, tough league.

Uva got absolutely destroyed by ND. BU beat Army in OT.

Duke taking Syracuse to the woodshed.

Lehigh over Navy at the half.

Princeton takes down Yale.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Uva got absolutely destroyed by ND. BU beat Army in OT.

Duke taking Syracuse to the woodshed.

Lehigh over Navy at the half.

Princeton takes down Yale.

Sad to see Yale's #1 FOGO try with a badly pulled or torn hammy and then #2'with badly swollen and wrapped knee. 20% won't beat Princeton with their goalie

Syracuse being taught a little humility by Duke. Currently 18-9 early 4th

Sad to see Yale's #1 FOGO try with a badly pulled or torn hammy and then #2'with badly swollen and wrapped knee. 20% won't beat Princeton with their goalie

Syracuse being taught a little humility by Duke. Currently 18-9 early 4th
It’s hard to win games when you can’t compete at the face off dot…see Loyola 2023 and 2024

It’s hard to win games when you can’t compete at the face off dot…see Loyola 2023 and 2024

This was an almost 60% FOGO this year, likely 1st team All Ivy, unable to run, hobbling off after losing. Have to respect his grit.

Watching Cornell v Penn, ball goes out of bounds off a block but they did a clock reset before the ball went out. Clearly didn’t get blocked by the goalie. Then they seemed to just guess after replay wasn’t clear. Called it 9 secs. It didn’t impact the game. But thinking back to the non call goal for us, why does it seem like officiating and clock work seems so amateurish at times for lacrosse. B1G needs to allow replay next year.

Reactions: rbled
Watching Cornell v Penn, ball goes out of bounds off a block but they did a clock reset before the ball went out. Clearly didn’t get blocked by the goalie. Then they seemed to just guess after replay wasn’t clear. Called it 9 secs. It didn’t impact the game. But thinking back to the non call goal for us, why does it seem like officiating and clock work seems so amateurish at times for lacrosse. B1G needs to allow replay next year.

Replay in the tourney. No replay in the Big 10 regular season.

They are going to be sweating on Sunday. Michigan winning the B1G is going to leave some teams sad

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT