ADVERTISEMENT

Football Nunzio Campanile agrees to contract extension

Nice raise. But there are other guys on this new staff including S&C making half a mil.

So I think that puts the 10 assistant pool at 4.2M leaving 3.5M for the support staff which would equal the total of the reported 7.7M.

70k raise (about 30%). not bad.

If the team doe well and he sticks around he may be looking at 400-500k in 2 years as a salary.
If the team does well, I would expect that he'll get a CFB head coaching or coordinator offer someplace in two years. Maybe even if the team doesn't do well.

tenor.gif

Nice raise. But there are other guys on this new staff including S&C making half a mil.
It’s all relative. How many years college coaching experience does he have? A $70k bump staying in the same place is good. You also wouldn’t want a guy on your staff who says “hey you’re paying this guy that much, give me that too”

Dumb question but .. I thought Schiano was planning an end-around with Nunzio -- keeping him around specifically to recruit his brother to coach here. I guess that, with the raise (and the repeated praise that both have heaped on one-another), this proves that all of that was sincere and not just lip-service, no?

Dumb question but .. I thought Schiano was planning an end-around with Nunzio -- keeping him around specifically to recruit his brother to coach here. I guess that, with the raise (and the repeated praise that both have heaped on one-another), this proves that all of that was sincere and not just lip-service, no?

I don’t think there is anything sincere in college football.

Reactions: BeantownKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT