ADVERTISEMENT

NY Post article alledges Greg dissed Tennesee at press conference

Hey, the truth hurts. Tennessee fans missed out on GS as a result of its fans not really thinking Greg was good enough for them, so they used manufactured outrage to drag a man's character through the mud who's a better person than they could ever hope to be.

A lot of people down there are simply hicks from the sticks. They treated GS like garbage without anything remotely factual to base their behavior on, and as such, I have no problem at all with his statement. (And I also don't expect Greg to miss any sleep over it or issue any apologies either.)

I also don’t understand that place. I’ve been to more then half of the SEC campuses and I like Knoxville and Tennessee the least next to perhaps Lexington and Kentucky. It’s a cold concrete campus for the most part with a very strange cult-like subculture...kind of eery. From those I’ve been to, I’ve liked Alabama the best by far.
Ole miss is the spot in that conference

https://nypost.com/2019/12/04/greg-...in-celebratory-rutgers-return-little-sharper/

I watched the entire event on BTN this morning and NEVER heard the word Tennessee spoken or Greg
responding to any question with this story's s quote:
“I think reflecting on it, just shows Jersey people are a little sharper,”

Seems like an outright fabrication
If he said it, I love it and if he didn't say it, it's odd that people and every media outlet are saying he did. I would guess he said it, but it would be nice to see the clip of him saying it.

If he said it, I love it and if he didn't say it, it's odd that people and every media outlet are saying he did. I would guess he said it, but it would be nice to see the clip of him saying it.
If R Vision has unedited press conference it’s there. I watched it on R Vision at work

Reactions: BLewis1968
Who cares!? Got to love NYC media. It can make any non story a story.

GO RU

He said that people who don't convict people of crimes based on triple hearsay, inadmissible statements that aren't subject to cross-examination are sharper than mob-driven, media-incited football fans who think their team deserves Bear Bryant.

Seems eminently reasonable to me.
Someone tell this to the House lol.

ooh.. schedule them for 5 years from now... home and home.. Challenge them to come up to New Jersey in late October.. they have to say yes, right?

Or a neutral site game early season in Philly or Metlife or even DC

Reactions: ATIOH and redking
They would have to exit their cousins and stop smoking meth for this to register as offensive with them..that's too much to ask

Reactions: scripts
Looks like an RU vs.Tenn matchup
might make a good OOC rivalry the way this thread shows total dislike for the Tuxedos

Here and there. Nowhere else.
well a neutral site closer to us would be okay with me... as long as its fair money-wise.. I just think it would be interesting to see them squirm.. a fair offer for home and home or a neutral site.. which they have never done with us.. you have to know they wouldn't want to do that.. being an SEC team.. so if they get all upset about Schiano throwing shade.. would be cool to put them on the spot. They deserve the criticism.. several of them should have had their pants sued off.. not that they wear pants.

It’s a commonly-used statement in and out of this area that NY sports fans (which includes NJ) are more knowledgeable in sports than most if not all other sports markets.

For Greg to say the same about Rutgers fans, which is roughly the same fan base, should be completely non-controversial.

If he did...props to him!

“oh rocky top, you’ll always be
A piece of **** to me
F*** you rocky top
Go to hell tennessee”

one of their rivals (Kentucky I think) sings this to them...

SMH... If our fans say Fuk penn state there’s an uproar. Fuk penn state!

Looks like an RU vs.Tenn matchup
might make a good OOC rivalry the way this thread shows total dislike for the Tuxedos
This game always comes down to recruiting. A Tenn/Rut series helps them more than us.

If we're going to schedule an SEC team (with our division being as tough as it is I wouldnt even think about it by the way) make it Gators, A and M, or Georgia. Otherwise why bother.

This game always comes down to recruiting. A Tenn/Rut series helps them more than us.

If we're going to schedule an SEC team (with our division being as tough as it is I wouldnt even think about it by the way) make it Gators, A and M, or Georgia. Otherwise why bother.
I think Greg's point about two stars says not

Tennessee Vs Rutgers , Yeah I want to see that Boxing Matchup and I know coach will be ready to get into that ring so negotiate the time and place while we are training

Help me out here. He says we are a little sharper ? How ? We were smart enough to fight to get him hired ?

No one believes it was actually the PSU thing that blocked his hire there. Were they dumb to want a more accomplished coach ?

I think Greg's point about two stars says not
And what's your point?

We had some great players here in the 2000s that were ranked 2 star or lower. We also had quite a few 2 star and lowers that ... lived up to their rankings.

I also remember Greg rolling out the red carpet for 5 star Brian Toal. Would Greg have accepted commitments from Brian Cushing or Dwayne Jarrett? If he was here a few years ago do you think he'd like Gary and Peppers?
If we want to eventually beat OSU we need big time players here - some of them will no doubt be misranked as 2 stars and develop into NFL guys in time but a lot of them are going to be big time recruits that turn out to be big time players that we need to win.

Tennessee doesn't have enough players in-state to focus our efforts on so I don't see much reason to play them. I also don't like the idea of another SEC school not THAT far away all of a sudden having an in here.

Last edited:
It’s really amazing how many swear they either heard it or didn’t hear it.
  • Yanny or Laurel?
  • Blue or Gold dress?
  • Rabbit or Duck?
  • Wife or Mother-in-Law?
The correct answers are Laurel, Blue dress, Duck, Wife, and he did not say it during the official press conference on Rvision. The raw unedited footage is still up in case anyone wants to check my work.

BTW, I’d love for Rutgers to publicly ask/challenge TN for a series on Twitter. It probably couldn’t take place for 4+ years, so hopefully we’d be ready by then.

What is it about teams that wear orange, and their fans being ignorant asshats?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT