ADVERTISEMENT

OT: R.I.P. Mike Pinder (Moody Blues) age 82

RIP

didnt know lead singer Justin Heyward wasnt an original member but he is still alive
According to Wiki the band was founded in 1964 and Heyward joined in 66.

In 1966, after answering another ad in Melody Maker, this time placed by Eric Burdon of The Animals, Hayward was contacted by Mike Pinder of the Moody Blues after Burdon had passed on Hayward's letter and demo discs to Pinder. Within a few days, Hayward had replaced departing Moody Blues vocalist and guitarist Denny Laine. At the same time bassist John Lodge replaced the departed Clint Warwick.

Reactions: bac2therac
According to Wiki the band was founded in 1964 and Heyward joined in 66.

In 1966, after answering another ad in Melody Maker, this time placed by Eric Burdon of The Animals, Hayward was contacted by Mike Pinder of the Moody Blues after Burdon had passed on Hayward's letter and demo discs to Pinder. Within a few days, Hayward had replaced departing Moody Blues vocalist and guitarist Denny Laine. At the same time bassist John Lodge replaced the departed Clint Warwick.
One of my favorite bands from back in the day who I saw play live a number of times.

Before I retired,every Tuesday PM,I played Tuesday Afternoon.
I saw them at Continental in '88.

Justin Hayward, John Lodge and Patrick Moraz still alive!

Graeme Edge, Denny Laine, Mike Pinder, Ray Thomas, Clint Warwick....
Go Now!

As I had mentioned earlier, Pinder was the last original member surviving.

From Wiki:
The Moody Blues
were an English rock band formed in Birmingham in May 1964. The band initially consisted of drummer Graeme Edge, guitarist/vocalist Denny Laine, keyboardist/vocalist Mike Pinder, multi-instrumentalist/vocalist Ray Thomas, and bassist/vocalist Clint Warwick.

In 1966 Hayward and Lodge joined the band to replace Laine and Warwick as I mentioned in an earlier post. Moraz joined much later

Down near the lighthouse road in Cape May, NJ, you can watch the sun dip into the Delaware Bay at Sunset Beach. Nothing like putting on "Nights in White Satin" about five and a half minutes before the sun disappears below the horizon.

Makes you think how small we are in this vast universe. Our whole solar system could be, like... one tiny atom in the fingernail of some other giant being.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT