ADVERTISEMENT

Official Rutgers vs Temple Prediction Thread

I feel that Temple and NW are similar teams.

Both have poor running games.
Both have decent QBs and are a better passing team than a running team.
I remember Temple's D gave us trouble last year with their stunts and quickness so I am expecting the same.

RU 21 Temple 14.

Gavin has true breakout game and our running game gets going too. My first thought is that NWU would beat Temple this year if that game was at NWU.
So- I do think Temple finds a way to score- I am going to say 7 but they could gt 10
RU 35- Temple 7

Reactions: Kbee3
I feel that Temple and NW are similar teams.

Both have poor running games.
Both have decent QBs and are a better passing team than a running team.
I remember Temple's D gave us trouble last year with their stunts and quickness so I am expecting the same.

RU 21 Temple 14.
If we can only beat the 8th ranked team in the AAC in our own stadium by only 7 points it’s going to be a long season. Perhaps 4 wins max this season. That ain’t happening.

If we can only beat the 8th ranked team in the AAC in our own stadium by only 7 points it’s going to be a long season. Perhaps 4 wins max this season. That ain’t happening.
Somewhat agree, but two points.
If Sam Brown and Aaron Young are both out of the game, we may not see a lot of what is possible with our run game and our RBs catching short passes. NW was quite effective with their RB Cam Porter catching 4 passes in the game on Sunday.
If our defense gets lit up, that's another story.

And somehow- we win this game 37-7, we will still hear from the same posters that “it was only Temple”
If we win 37-7, then RUFB will have clearly improved from last season. And that would be great. If we win by that much.

But it will still be way too soon to reach any conclusions, positive or negative, about the state of the FB program. Those two teams are unarguably among the weakest we will play this season.

We really don’t know just how weak Northwestern and Temple are, or how good or bad we are, until we see how we do against the better teams in the Big Ten. I’m cautious about rushing to judgement, so I’ll wait until after game 6 to start evaluating the progress.

Temple scored two TD’s vs Akron throwing to RB Saydee as he sprinted to the sideline and WR’s ran a little “interference” although the refs were probably correct in not throwing flags. Other than that one play design they really struggled in the red zone as the OL couldn’t impose their will in the running game. Warner is already a better than decent college QB. If Temple can protect Warner (will be interesting since Schiano wants to pressure the QB so max protection packages may be Temple’s MO) he’ll put up yardage. He had over 3,000 yards as a freshman.

Temple scored two TD’s vs Akron throwing to RB Saydee as he sprinted to the sideline and WR’s ran a little “interference” although the refs were probably correct in not throwing flags. Other than that one play design they really struggled in the red zone as the OL couldn’t impose their will in the running game. Warner is already a better than decent college QB. If Temple can protect Warner (will be interesting since Schiano wants to pressure the QB so max protection packages may be Temple’s MO) he’ll put up yardage. He had over 3,000 yards as a freshman.
NWU QB had 3200 yds and 23 TDS last year and some say he sucked.
But I do expect Temple to get some yds in the air

If we win 37-7, then RUFB will have clearly improved from last season. And that would be great. If we win by that much.

But it will still be way too soon to reach any conclusions, positive or negative, about the state of the FB program. Those two teams are unarguably among the weakest we will play this season.

We really don’t know just how weak Northwestern and Temple are, or how good or bad we are, until we see how we do against the better teams in the Big Ten. I’m cautious about rushing to judgement, so I’ll wait until after game 6 to start evaluating the progress.
I think that is the thing- the win on Sunday doesn’t make anyone think we are going from 4 wins to 8 but in comparison to last year, we see the improvement. Even if we win big against Temple- it only shows improvement over last year.
We could also win a squeaker and still have a decent season too.

I think that is the thing- the win on Sunday doesn’t make anyone think we are going from 4 wins to 8 but in comparison to last year, we see the improvement. Even if we win big against Temple- it only shows improvement over last year.
We could also win a squeaker and still have a decent season too.
Exactly. So, for now, I just experience each game for what it is without worrying about what any given game means.

Took my Dad to the only college game he ever attended. All he cared about was watching Willis as they went to the same HS.
GIF by Hayden Davis

North America Weather GIF by BBC America

Ben Bryant > EJ Warner we have common opponents all last year to prove that. Is Temple's support cast better than Northwestern's, I don't think so. Same gameplan, get up early then throttle it back to an easy win.

Rutgers 28
Temple 3

Don't know but he was really quick as you can see.
If OJ had played in the 90’s he would have had similar difficulty in breaking off 50+ yard runs. OJ has certainly lived a semi-charmed kinda life.
NFL Combine site has Willis at a 4.61 40.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT