ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, that was a letdown but new outlook. This season will be fun to watch.

Jerseylegends

Junior
Mar 15, 2023
After the initial let down of the last two games, I had to bring myself back to reality. No ,this team isn't going to the sweet 16. They can still make the tournament and should have that goal as a team. But as a Rutgers fan I have to be objective and fair to these kids. I do not expect them to go dancing this year but anything can happen.

As far as the season goes, it will be fun to go into the games with no expectations. See how each player develops throughout the season and who will be leaders on next years team with an influx of high level talent.

Gavin Griffiths will be fine I believe. Just have to keep starting him, you can look on his face and see he's nervous out there. Putting too much pressure on himself, he does need to stay in the gym and work on his handle and one on one moves. He can shoot but last game he shot tout of fear of not being able to get open if the defender got close to him. Then I saw him pass up shots on actions that were designed to get him a shot. Will be fun to watch him gain confidence and grow into his role on the team.

Jamichael Davis is a spark plug out there. Always will say any point guard has to tighten up their handles. His is ok but can get better needs to stay in the weight room as well so he can finish those layups. Will be fun to see him grow into his position as well.

Palmquist looks like the best player on the team right now. Thats kind of telling for me, he's one the most experienced on the team. Maybe that's why the team isn't performing, experience in the program. But that then again there's big cliff. I feel bad because he needs a pg that can set him up. I thought that would be Fernandes but his lobs don't look like mulcahy's.
If there is one thing PM brought to the success of Rutgers over the last couple seasons it's his ability to distribute the ball. I know I was one that thought pm should be a point forward when the team brought in a quick and fast guard that can beat his man off the dribble, Noah Fernandes. Smh should've taken into account that he had a season ending injury last year and couldn't work out. But whatever, you live and you learn. Will be interesting to see if he can get to a point where he actually starts playing like the dynamic guard we thought he was. I've seen flashes.

Cliff, it's sad to see him out there, he looks disappointed, like he's finding out he's not as good as he thought he was. I look in his face and see his NBA dreams fading away. Hey, I believe he's an academic guy so he'll have his degree and maybe he can play in Puerto Rico or some place like that. Or maybe he can transfer somewhere else next year but his energy affects the team, they play better when he's on the bench unfortunately. I know he turned down nil money not to transfer but he has to start rebounding the ball. I wanted to say start woolfolk but he doesn't rebound either, will be interesting to see if the coaches can get these guys to play their role. REBOUND, cliff was living a fantasy shooting 3s in the first two games. Now that reality has set in, go rebound the basketball cliff. That's your way to being a professional.

Might as well play chol and see what he can do. Every time I've seen him in the game he's trying to get his shot off at least. Let's see him in some extended minutes see what he's made of.

Hyatt is who he is, sometimes on, sometimes off. Let's see if he can gain some consistency by years end.

But let's go, beat the kids in the hall then go from there.. I could say more but I'm going to go ahead and eat something on my lunch break before it's over lol. Just wanted to give my two cents. I know everyones thoughts about the team are pretty negative, mine included. But we weren't being realistic and the unknowns didn't work out in the teams favor. Let's see what happens.

Last sentence most key that people are missing on. There were lots of “what ifs” with this team after the Paul and Cam transfers. A lot of the hopes did not come true, and it’s ok to be disappointed at our unexpected lack of rebounding. But this team could still get good. Mag needs to come back. Gavin needs to shoot with confidence. Cliff needs to get healed up and grab rebounds and make dunks. JMike and Simpson continue to grow in the system and hit some shots. It’s not going to be a consistently good team but don't be surprised when we win

Reactions: Jerseylegends
Tell you what... Cliff started rebounding and playing his role and Jeremiah williams changes everything...team has come together only question is did the team come together too late? Ill blame the NCAA for not clearing Williams..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT