ADVERTISEMENT

Olakunle fatukasi tweet

Yeah....how many PSU or ND recruits do that?? Its sickening..No respect I tell ya..no respect...
It doesn't happen with 11-2 PSU teams, but it certainly happened with 7-6 PSU teams. Rutgers' poor record this year is definitely going to give second thoughts to kids with other options.

Reactions: rutgersal
not warm and fuzzy that both Fogg and Fatusaki suddenly in December want to take visits..
Losing that last game in Maryland didnt help recruiting.

We won 2 games and next year could be worse and you guys question why some recruits with options want to explore those options. Take the scarlet clad glasses off and try to put yourselves in their shoes. The game is the game hope for the best but I think it's gonna get worse before it gets better and if he fails 2021 we can finally spend some money.

We won 2 games and next year could be worse and you guys question why some recruits with options want to explore those options. Take the scarlet clad glasses off and try to put yourselves in their shoes. The game is the game hope for the best but I think it's gonna get worse before it gets better and if he fails 2021 we can finally spend some money.

This year was the lowest point and next year will be better - you know that so please don't pretend otherwise .
We are a better all-around program than Maryland , I don't care that they beat our worst team in a decade.

Next year will not be worse. Every single player on the team had to learn new fundamentals and entirely new schemes last year. That is a huge handicap even if the talent is in place. Its going to take time, but the team will get progressively better from here.

LOl..nobody in RU fan base is going to wait till 2021...three years to show upwards progress..this is B10 East,the longer you remain behind in recruiting,development ,the harder and greater the climb back up the hill and the deper the hole you find yourself in vrs OSU,PSU,Michigan,MSU .

I don't think anyone here really questions why some recruits wanna explore their options. Most of us are just expressing our frustration with the whole process and with some recruits' idea of what the word "commit" means. Perhaps they should explore BEFORE making a commitment.

Last edited:
This year was the lowest point and next year will be better - you know that so please don't pretend otherwise .
We are a better all-around program than Maryland , I don't care that they beat our worst team in a decade.
How can you make either of those statements as if they are facts? Nobody KNOWS we will be better next year. The schedule doesn't get any easier, we're graduating what's left of our last best recruiting classes, and right now it looks like two more recruits are looking around. And how are we a better all-around program than Maryland? What exactly have we done to be able to make that claim? We're in the same conference, they have a better history, including Orange/Peach/Gator bowl appearances, and their coach is on his way to signing a top-25 class.

EDIT: One of the recruiting services now has Fatukasi listed as a "soft" verbal to us, for whatever that's worth.

How can you make either of those statements as if they are facts? Nobody KNOWS we will be better next year. The schedule doesn't get any easier, we're graduating what's left of our last best recruiting classes, and right now it looks like two more recruits are looking around. And how are we a better all-around program than Maryland? What exactly have we done to be able to make that claim? We're in the same conference, they have a better history, including Orange/Peach/Gator bowl appearances, and their coach is on his way to signing a top-25 class.

EDIT: One of the recruiting services now has Fatukasi listed as a "soft" verbal to us, for whatever that's worth.

Because we have better fan support, better football academics, a better stadium, a better overall gameday and have had a better record over the last 5 and 10 years.

We are a damn good program who recently fell on tough times but has already started the rebuild. Why is that hard for people to accept?

What bothers me even more than decommits are those of us who accuse any posters who speak the truth as they see it as trolls. Do we have to preface every statement with IMHO? I have been a fan of this damned program for 50 years and,I didn't even graduate from Rutgers so I believe there are those of us who are sick and tired of it all and express those thoughts on this venue. I am not going to fake my disgust when I feel like we are under performing on the field or on the sidelines or in the recruiting arena.

Because we have better fan support, better football academics, a better stadium, a better overall gameday and have had a better record over the last 5 and 10 years.

We are a damn good program who recently fell on tough times but has already started the rebuild. Why is that hard for people to accept?
A damn good program?

One that at least is not stuck in G5 purgatory.
Being in a P5 conference is not equal to being " a damned good program". Boise St is a good program. I think Rutgers has more potential than Temple, but not sure what would classify it as a good program.

Last edited:
Look at someone like Darius Hamilton. Who I love. He's here getting double teamed busting his butt on a terrible defense. He could be at Ohio State playing in the playoff. He'll be a late round to undrafted free agent next year. If he went to Ohio State, would his career have turned out the same?

Look at someone like Darius Hamilton. Who I love. He's here getting double teamed busting his butt on a terrible defense. He could be at Ohio State playing in the playoff. He'll be a late round to undrafted free agent next year. If he went to Ohio State, would his career have turned out the same?

I would say so..he's not going to get bigger or run faster than his body is capable of (assuming no PED's). He might have been surrounded by better talent at OSU, but the NFL only cares where he himself will project 3-4 years from now. Lots of guys at big time schools with big production don't get drafted each year

Pretty sure I told you to gtfo yesterday.

Now, be gone.

That's the recruiting of "It's not you it's me" AKA FRIENDZONE AKA good-bye recruit
As of now he is still committed. Not sure if you realize this, but lots of commits nowadays take OVs to other schools. In fact, Rutgers receives OVs from players committed to other schools. Even kids committed to programs like OSU, Michigan, and Bama do this. This is just the nature of recruiting now, and if you try and prevent commits from visiting other schools once committed, well, just look back at the 2012 Rutgers recruiting cycle.

I don't know what will ultimately happen with Fatukasi, but him wanting to take OVs does not equate to "it's not you it's me AKA FRIENDZONE AKA good-bye recruit." The staff will simply have to work hard and keep him committed.

Piss off with this nonsense.

The stupid thing about this is that the one thing that is damn near proven to improve your odds of going to the NFL is playing time. You need to go somewhere where you will get on the field, so that you can improve. After that, it is all up to the athlete. Darius would be the same player here or there.

As of now he is still committed. Not sure if you realize this, but lots of commits nowadays take OVs to other schools. In fact, Rutgers receives OVs from players committed to other schools. Even kids committed to programs like OSU, Michigan, and Bama do this. This is just the nature of recruiting now, and if you try and prevent commits from visiting other schools once committed, well, just look back at the 2012 Rutgers recruiting cycle.

I don't know what will ultimately happen with Fatukasi, but him wanting to take OVs does not equate to "it's not you it's me AKA FRIENDZONE AKA good-bye recruit." The staff will simply have to work hard and keep him committed.

Oh my Sweet Summer Child.

Piss off with this nonsense.

The stupid thing about this is that the one thing that is damn near proven to improve your odds of going to the NFL is playing time. You need to go somewhere where you will get on the field, so that you can improve. After that, it is all up to the athlete. Darius would be the same player here or there.

I think we figured out in the other thread that madchuck is a major troll and PSU fan looking to stir sh#t.

Either that or he's the dumbest Rutgers fan of all time. What fan spends time talking about how much better off his team's players and would-be players would be somewhere else?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT