ADVERTISEMENT

Open Practice for Season Ticket Holders

ColonelRutgers

All American
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2003
Saturday, October 12 10:00 am - 12:00 pm at the APC. Damn it, I'll be out of town.

I think the breakfast is by invitation only

RFund members Captain and above get the breakfast:

e9a2d29e17184c5fa538a9df8de4251f.png

Any details on Saturday's open practice? Is it open to only season ticket holders? Is the breakfast only open to season season ticket holders or invite only?

Looking forward to seeing them play.

Any details on Saturday's open practice? Is it open to only season ticket holders? Is the breakfast only open to season season ticket holders or invite only?

Looking forward to seeing them play.
The practice inside the RAC is Oct. 12, not this Saturday. It is open to STHs only. STHs received an e-mail to register. RFund members who are at the Captain level (those who donate at least $3,000 annually) and above are invited to the breakfast.

There will be an open practice exclusively for Court Club members in December or January. That practice most likely will take place inside the RWJBarnabas Health Athletic Performance Center.

Last edited:
The practice inside the RAC is Oct. 12, not this Saturday. It is open to STHs only. STHs received an e-mail to register. RFund members who are at the Captain level (those who donate at least $3,000 annually) and above are invited to the breakfast.

There will be an open practice exclusively for Court Club members in December or January. That practice most likely will take place inside the RWJBarnabas Health Athletic Performance Center.
When was the email sent out to season ticket holders?

When was the email sent out to season ticket holders?
I received the e-mail at 4 p.m. on Friday Sept. 27. Here's the content:

You're Invited! Men's Basketball Open Practice
j8dsTQNTTmAKit0OIF_v2v8AIPo4xtB2rRokjkWFD8oeyFI9W4OV6F8lV4ll46V47SCJYGb6hDLWo01SCRMF40TfwmJEXBz8YH-DXxApYkfMHGlGsm2DlWpGA2TWFERaI6tOd3xybZgIEqENEek=s0-d-e1-ft

Thank you for being a season ticket holder and supporting our Scarlet Knight student-athletes. As a season ticket holder, you are invited to attend open practice on Saturday, October 12. This will also be your first chance to collect your season ticket holder gift!

Open Practice:

--Time: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.

Post Practice Group Photo with Team and Staff

--Time: Conclusion of practice
--Location: RWJBarnabas Health Athletic Performance Center Brown Family Practice Court

Parking

Due to new University regulations, you must pre-register your car for free parking. Parking will be in the Green and Yellow lots adjacent to The RAC. The parking registration link will be sent in a follow-up email prior to the event.

Reactions: NJDOVES
I have not received my email. On another issue, I have called my RU season ticket person (4th different person this year) and left several voicemails to no avail.
I hope he wasn’t supposed to send my email...

Ok, looked up my emails around 9/27 and there it is -Thank you!!!

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
Can someone post a link to the email invite. I am a STH for almost 10 years but did not get an email to register. Thanks!

I wonder what keeps more of this group from joining the CC other than paying the fee. Are there other reasons?

I don’t get this at all. Why do we need to register to park our cars in a vast empty lot on a Saturday? This has got to come from the same person who prohibits water bottles at football games.
You have to register for everything now- it's just the system they have now so they can keep track of things and not issue a ticket in error. I have to register when I have meetings on campus.

Quote of the day while touring the practice court from a "fan":

"This is it?????" (With a surprised dismissive look on his face)
The practice facility is very impressive because of all its components.The practice court itself isn't special and there is no reason it has to be.

Reactions: Leonard23
I really loved it. As I was leaving, all the players and coaches were coming up the steps. I just wished them good luck but I was really impressed by them. So childish as an old fart!

Reactions: Leonard23
The breakfast, open practice and APC pic/tour were a good time. Players and coaches were very nice, and Pike was very funny, especially at breakfast. Team is doing well academically.

Quote of the day while touring the practice court from a "fan":

"This is it?????" (With a surprised dismissive look on his face)
Damn, we really do have some miserable people in our “fanbase”. The court is just one part of the place.

Reactions: Tango Two
I wonder what keeps more of this group from joining the CC other than paying the fee. Are there other reasons?
For me, I don't really get a benefit from joining the Court Club. I used to be a member, but I missed most meetings, and other than that, I didn't see a purpose in being a member. It's more efficient to just take what I would have spent on dues and give it directly to Rutgers.

For me, I don't really get a benefit from joining the Court Club. I used to be a member, but I missed most meetings, and other than that, I didn't see a purpose in being a member. It's more efficient to just take what I would have spent on dues and give it directly to Rutgers.

First off...The Court Club is run by a great bunch of guys and does good work for RU Basketball. Your dues go directly to support the team, and that's all the reason you need to join, but...

I heard this sentiment quite a bit as President of the Club for 7 seasons. It's hard to deny that our appeal has always been in the meetings. You don't need a Court Club to hold a charity auction, open practice or seat ticket raffle, just dedicated people willing to help and administrate those types of things.

RU has borrowed for themselves or flat out eliminated many of the perks that I was able to offer over the years, reducing the real time value for our members. Now, the constant media coverage from all corners has even chipped away at the novelty of in person meetings.

Towards the end of my tenure, I openly suggested to RU administration that they look to eliminate groups like the CC and TDC in favor of a more "all sports" group for a variety of reasons which I won't go into here.

The Club will always have a special spot in my heart, but even I realize that nobody truly "needs" it anymore to feel like an insider. Just an unfortunate sign of the times changing rapidly.

Last edited:
First off...The Court Club is run by a great bunch of guys and does good work for RU Basketball. Your dues go directly to support the team... but....

I heard this sentiment quite a bit as President of the Club for 7 seasons. It's hard to deny that our appeal has always been in the meetings. You don't need a Court Club to hold a charity auction, open practice or seat ticket raffle, just dedicated people willing to help and administrate those types of things.

RU has borrowed for themselves or flat out eliminated many of the perks that I was able to offer over the years, reducing the real time value for our members. Now, the constant media coverage from all corners has even chipped away at the novelty of in person meetings.

Towards the end of my tenure, I openly suggested to RU administration that they look to eliminate groups like the CC and TDC in favor of a more "all sports" group for a variety of reasons which I won't go into here.

The Club will always have a special spot in my heart, but even I realize that nobody truly "needs" it anymore to feel like an insider. Just an unfortunate sign of the times changing rapidly.

Thanks for the kind words, BK, and for your guidance and leadership over the many years to our Club. There is no question that the number 1 benefit (by far) are the meetings. Trust me, it's not the pizza.....lol.

As an example, at last January's meeting, Brandin Knight basically gave us a preview of what we would try to do defensively against Ohio State in our next game. The plan came to fruition and that turned out to be our first conference win of the year. You find out several things at the meetings that you won't find on the internet.

Also, at the meetings you have the opportunity to meet some great, passionate, loyal Rutgers basketball fans!! It's a great group with great ideas. By the way, thank you to the many fans that stopped by the Club table today at the open practice. As usual, I heard many ideas and will be bringing up 2 or 3 with the board to see if we can implement one or two of them this year.

As BK (and I) can attest we have discussed how to make the Club better for MBB fans that live out of the area. We have yet to solve the dilemma of keeping things "in house" versus streaming info around the world.

The main function of the Club is to make a very nice donation (in the spring) to the MBB program. The money donated is used for, as we call it, Pike's Passion Projects. Rutgers University provides MBB with a budget that pretty much spells out line by line what each expenditure is needed for. Our donation is used by the coaching staff for needs such as additional equipment, etc.

Things that you can do to help us are:

a) join the Club - go to rutgerscourtclub.com for more information
b) buy raffle tickets for Floor Loge seats / Parking / Hospitality Passes- send an e-mail to rutgerscourtclub@aol.com for more information
c) support us at our annual auction on Sunday, January 19th- after the Minnesota game at the RAC in the back corner between Sections 110 and 111.

We are working on additional fund raising ideas now and as we finalize them, they will be announced on these message boards and at our website - rutgerscourtclub.com

Thanks.

Elliott Sacks
Court Club President

Reactions: rubigtimenow
I should also add that our 4 membership meetings this season will be on:

Monday, November 4th
Monday, December 9th
Monday, January 13th
Wednesday, February 5th

All meetings are at SHI Stadium in the Brown Recruiting Pavilion and start at 7PM.

Thanks,

Elliott

First off...The Court Club is run by a great bunch of guys and does good work for RU Basketball. Your dues go directly to support the team, and that's all the reason you need to join, but...

If my post came across as dismissive of the Court Club, that was not my intent. Payback asked for an explanation of why some of those attending today's practice weren't Court Club members, and I was just providing my explanation.

Elliott/Brian, is the Court Club running buses to the game in New York City?

Heaven - no we are not. We haven’t done a bus trip for the past 15 years or so. We’ll need to revisit the bus trip strategy soon.

How about a bus trip to first round NCAA in Albany? That could be our next bus trip!

Reactions: rubigtimenow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT