ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2022 MLB Postseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnaby&Neill

All American
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2010
I know there are Mets / Yankees / Phils season threads, but thought a general discussion thread might be fun.

Love the wild card weekend format: four games per day today through Sunday. Rays / Guardians; Phils / Cardinals; Mariners / Jays; Pads / Mets

Great pitching matchup on right now. Bieber / McClanahan scoreless through one. O/U was 6…won’t see much lower than that.

I've got the Rays at +4000. I know people are not even including them in the conversation, but like their Tampa Bay brethren, the Lightning, they always find a way to make noise in the playoffs. Pitching can carry them.

I've got the Rays at +4000. I know people are not even including them in the conversation, but like their Tampa Bay brethren, the Lightning, they always find a way to make noise in the playoffs. Pitching can carry them.

This will be an interesting series for them; Cleveland is sort of a similar team. If today is any indication, there won’t be a lot of runs! 0-0 in the fifth, game is flying.

2-1 Guardians after 6. Siri solo shot for Tampa, followed by a Ramirez two run bomb for Cleveland.

I think I heard the broadcaster say that there wasn’t a single game in last year’s postseason where both starters went 7 innings (as happened today)

Quick question on this new first round best of three setup. Are all of the games at one team, or do they play two at one home and then one at the other?

In any case, I do like the new playoff setup - with the exception that 2nd round series' should be 7 games. Hopefully, MLB will shorten the season so there can be more playoffs.

Quick question on this new first round best of three setup. Are all of the games at one team, or do they play two at one home and then one at the other?
All games would be played at the same site. I would prefer to keep the 162 game season but shorten the duration by "gasp* playing SCHEDULED double headers at times to end the regular-season sooner!

I'm not watching, but those two stat lines for McClanahan and Bieber are stellar outside of the two long balls. Combined 14.2 IP, 10 H, 1 BB, 3 ER, 13 K. That's how it's done!

I'm not watching, but those two stat lines for McClanahan and Bieber are stellar outside of the two long balls. Combined 14.2 IP, 10 H, 1 BB, 3 ER, 13 K. That's how it's done!

Unheard of from modern starters! First time a Rays starter has gone more than six innings in a playoff game under Cash (he managed 30 postseason games before today)

Now Wheeler and Quintana combine for 8 IP, 2 HH, 1 BB, and 5 K. Scoreless through four. Amazing.

In any case, I do like the new playoff setup - with the exception that 2nd round series' should be 7 games. Hopefully, MLB will shorten the season so there can be more playoffs.
I agree with everything except for shortening the season. Then all the season records will need asterisks, ala the Judge HR discussion. Just another nail in rendering the regular season meaningless like most other pro-leagues.

Hold on bruh, you think SD is a good team?
Your thoughts on Tampa with 87 wins? Of course 89 wins is a good team, your just hating on the Mets indirectly for a change. To say a 89 win team is awful shows your ignorance,lol. Nice showing for the AL Least so far! 🤣

If your asking me I know that they are at least better than all the other NL teams that didn't make the playoffs. I also think that they're better than the Cards and Phillies.

Was in SD for the series against Chicago (I’m a white sox fan). Beautiful park, but was surprised that the offense looked a little lifeless; no Tatis hurts, but just seems like they’re missing a spark plug at the top of the order.

Was in SD for the series against Chicago (I’m a white sox fan). Beautiful park, but was surprised that the offense looked a little lifeless; no Tatis hurts, but just seems like they’re missing a spark plug at the top of the order.
Agreed. Profar is a nice player but he's not that catalyst at the top of the order they need.
With Tatis back next year there is a good chance he might bat leadoff.

Padres are awful
Can I now have your thoughts on both Tampa and Toronto? Solid showing by The AL Least. San Diego is better than both, with a lineup a lot of teams would love to have. Pitching is very good and closer is also. It's a better team than yours no doubt. Tonight's SD pitcher is tied with your #1 Cole, with quality starts, and he's only #2 in QS on SD but of course they're awful according to your baseball knowledge. https://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/play.../2/table/pitching/sort/qualityStarts/dir/desc

Last edited:
You know I had to start one.

Think this is going to be a hell of a series.

Clevinger getting game 1 vs Urias who has dominated the Padres not named Manny Machado.

@colbert17 lets gooo!!!

• Love
Reactions: colbert17
Good luck to the Padres and the Dodgers. One who have been better than the Mets since the Mets beat them in the 2015 playoffs. And the other who have just beaten the Mets.

Should be one hell of a series out there.

So far so good for Philadelphia. Can't believe I just said that. Anyway I will root for them temporarily. Max overFried.......4 runs on 7 hits in 3 innings so far. Love it.

Reactions: The RUT
I agree with everything except for shortening the season. Then all the season records will need asterisks, ala the Judge HR discussion. Just another nail in rendering the regular season meaningless like most other pro-leagues.

Add some damn Double Headers back to the schedule.

Reactions: czxqa and RW90
I’m so amped for this game tonight, any way we can speed the clock up a bit?

No one to blame but himself.
I watched a video on PEDs after all that news broke because I wanted to learn more about it.

Apparently something crazy like 83% of the MLB guys that have gotten caught were Dominican born players (forget the exact percentage but it’s crazy high).

They talked about how it’s not uncommon for Dominican teams for be giving steroids to kids when they’re like 15 years old.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
I watched a video on PEDs after all that news broke because I wanted to learn more about it.

Apparently something crazy like 83% of the MLB guys that have gotten caught were Dominican born players (forget the exact percentage but it’s crazy high).

They talked about how it’s not uncommon for Dominican teams for be giving steroids to kids when they’re like 15 years old.
That's sad because how many of these 15 year old kids will develop some sort of cancer in their later years. Sickening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT