wife almost killed me for yelling at tv
Ruined end of game by staying inbounds 3 times ,

What a game
Great example of sticking with the run over time and pounding defense into mush
Dexter Lawrence is a manster

Reactions: RUfinally2008
A WR that can catch would go a long way to making the offense even better
RPO with Jones can become a real weapon

First time I've seen in Jones showing anger at a WR.

Ball hit him right in the numbers for what should have been a TD
He dropped a good pass earlier
He doesn't look like a starter, and with Jones ripping him I hope he's a cut from roster tomorrow.

STOMH1S.jpg

When I saw that play, I was like, crap, those eye injuries can be much more serious than it looked on the play. The DB really got his hand up in the open face mask space with a lot of force.
That ref crew needs a refresher course on what hands to the face consists of. The one called on the Giants that nullified the int. to end the game was a graze and not a penalty. Poking someone's eye out is why the rule was implemented to prevent such incidents.

Franchise Barkley, and sign Jones for 2-3 years at 25 mil a year

Other way around.

Franchise Jones and buy another year.
As said, our pick is likely to be mid to late 1st round.
QB is out of the question.

Offer Barkley a "reasonable" contract.
Literally CMC just got traded because building your team around a high priced RB doesn't work.

Reactions: Plum Street
Other way around.

Franchise Jones and buy another year.
As said, our pick is likely to be mid to late 1st round.
QB is out of the question.

Offer Barkley a "reasonable" contract.
Literally CMC just got traded because building your team around a high priced RB doesn't work.
Have to pay him too much if you franchise Jones. The franchise price for running backs is much lower. Offer Jones a 3 year deal at $25 million per. If he goes free agent you deal with it.

Reactions: RU-05 and NickRU714
Have to pay him too much if you franchise Jones. The franchise price for running backs is much lower. Offer Jones a 3 year deal at $25 million per. If he goes free agent you deal with it.

Completely agree.
I just wonder if Jones would even consider the offer - especially coming off a playoff appearance 😉

I've been a believer in Jones being able to grow into the position. He does appear to be doing that.

But he's not an elite QB, not at this point at least, and should not be paid as such.

Seen too many teams stop their growth process by giving their QB's, some of them much better then Jones at this point, huge contracts.

$25 mil would be great for the Giants. Think Jones could be the type of guy to take that contract too. Hope he does.

Listening to the Francesa podcast,

And he noted that the Giants run game got going late, even though Neal and Bredeson left the game with injury. I hadn't put the two together.

Francesa was also loving Jones's running ability. Still questioning his passing, which is fair to some extent, less fair in another(see lack of receiver talent), but thinks he is one of the best runners in the league. I think Jackson is the top dog in this dept, I guess Hurts is pretty good too?

Reactions: ashokan
Listening to the Francesa podcast,

And he noted that the Giants run game got going late, even though Neal and Bredeson left the game with injury.
Running games often "bloom" in later quarters
The run game is intended (in part) to beat down a defense
A running start RB or pulling OL planting a helmet in LBs chest a few times adds-up
Lots of times RBs can have weak stats in first half and then explode in second half
All those small yard gains early on aren't wasted plays as people can think.
Saquon wasn't getting much first half, but he was dishing out punishment
In Giants games this year, a reason they do well in 4th is that they've beat people up first 3 Qs

Running games often "bloom" in later quarters
The run game is intended (in part) to beat down a defense
A running start RB or pulling OL planting a helmet in LBs chest a few times adds-up
Lots of times RBs can have weak stats in first half and then explode in second half
All those small yard gains early on aren't wasted plays as people can think.
Saquon wasn't getting much first half, but he was dishing out punishment
In Giants games this year, a reason they do well in 4th is that they've beat people up first 3 Qs
All true, but still noteworthy that the Giants were able to run the ball down the field with 2 starters out on the OL.

Toney traded to Chiefs for conditional 3rd and 6th?

Remember that one game he actually caught passes?
That was fun.
At least until he got kicked out of the same game.

• Haha
Reactions: koleszar
Toney traded to Chiefs for conditional 3rd and 6th?

Remember that one game he actually caught passes?
That was fun.
At least until he got kicked out of the same game.
He is a good player . What a waste of a first round pick. He will be good with Kc

Reactions: NickRU714
He is a good player . What a waste of a first round pick. He will be good with Kc
That trade makes sense for both teams. It looked like it was never going to happen in NY for him and the Giants get more picks to continue re-building. Meantime, Toney goes to culture that's already winning with a franchise QB and Hall-of-Fame coach who won't take any BS. He either fits in and works or is done. You can see the talent is there.

That trade makes sense for both teams. It looked like it was never going to happen in NY for him and the Giants get more picks to continue re-building. Meantime, Toney goes to culture that's already winning with a franchise QB and Hall-of-Fame coach who won't take any BS. He either fits in and works or is done. You can see the talent is there.

Either it makes sense for both teams or the Giants turned a lemon into lemonade. Time will tell.

Reactions: Plum Street
I don't think Toney had a clue as to what was in the play book. When he did get in it was almost like they would call the play and someone would whisper to him what to do. He is either dumber than dirt or could care less about learning the plays. I say good riddance and good luck pulling any of that crap with Patty and Andy.

Schoen said he wants smart, tuff and dependable players. Toney does not have any of them qualities. I read at end of last year and this year that the guy can’t learn the playbook. Low football IQ maybe

Reactions: TM94goRU
ADVERTISEMENT