ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2023 Rock and Roll HOF Nominations and Billboard's Handicapping of Chances to Make It

Found this clip of a concert at old Crosley Field in Cincinnati. Reminds me of all the shows I went to at the old Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City. Some of the best times of my life.
p.s. The concert in the video also had Grand Funk, Alice Cooper, Ten Years After,
Mott The Hoople, Iggy Pop and Traffic

Jann Wenner, who for years kept his thumb on who got into the Hall of Fame is a bigger elitist (and racist) asshole than many thought he was.

Good riddance, asshole. His book is appropriately titled: "The Masters. . ." And Bono a master? Bwa ha, ha, ha, ha.

"David Marchese about his book The Masters: Conversations with Dylan, Lennon, Jagger, Townshend, Garcia, Bono, and Springsteen and its basis of "seven white guys." Specifically, Wenner was asked about the book's introduction in which he claimed that Black and female artists were "not in his zeitgeist." In response, Wenner said that female artists were "not articulate enough on this intellectual level" to be included in his list of masterful musicians. Of black artists, he said "they just didn’t articulate at that level"

"https://pitchfork.com/news/rolling-...after-comments-on-black-and-female-musicians/

And great statement by a fantastic band that should be in the Hall of Fame.

Reactions: 29PAS and RU848789
Some really dumb comments by Wenner. It represents a mindset and worldview that is hopefully fading away (although not quickly). It’s very unfortunate in the context of music which has always been a breaker of barriers in so many different ways. There is always debate about who should or shouldn’t be in the R&RHOF. That is fine. However, my view has been that it needs to be a large umbrella and evolutionary. Too many have a limited and narrow view of what rock music is or what it represents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT