ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2023 Transfer Portal Activity (non-RU related)

Like the Pic and looks like it was taken at Pitt's UPMC practice facility after Pittsburgh got a couple of inches of snow. Bring the warm clothes.

I'm assuming this transfer may be the result of Kade Bell (Pitts new OC and QB coach).

On paper I like the transfer of Eric Holstein who was a Rival 4-star QB recruit and was at Alabama for 1 year and will have 4 years of eligibility at Pitt.. In HS Holstein was a 3 year starter who threw for 7014 yds and 62 TD with only 13 int. He also rushed for 1233 yds and 30 TD. Looks like a good fit for Bell's high tempo offense. However, that remains to be seen.

Looks like Rutgers got a good transfer from Florida State DL Malcom Ray.

Transfers are becoming just as important as initial recruiting.

Like this board site listing latest transfers.

Also Narduzzi recently let go of 3 other offense coaches (OL, TE and RB). Pitt's WR coach was retained (Rutgers former WR Underwood). Narduzzi/Kade have 3 new coaches to bring in on the offense.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: RUDiddy777
Why are you posting transfers? You give nothing to NIL are you just bored? As an old veteran of this you know how everything works now. So if you are going to continue to be a non participant why bother posting transfers? Bored right ?

Who are you to tell someone they can't post on a subject? Oh right, a recent arrival calling someone an old veteran.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Why are you posting transfers? You give nothing to NIL are you just bored? As an old veteran of this you know how everything works now. So if you are going to continue to be a non participant why bother posting transfers? Bored right ?
I post them so people know what’s going on the CFB landscape. You get the whole gamut from NIL can matter to playing time and opportunity matter.

If people are aware of what’s going on and possible out there there will be less woe is me and the sky is falling and more see what’s potentially possible no matter what status of school you are. Schools lose and gain players and it’s not the end of the world. It takes very little time to copy paste any of the CFB news I post.

#1 qb recruit in the country last year went to Boise, you think that was on the back of a massive NIL deal? I don’t know but I’m gonna guess no. Maybe he’s gotten some nice money from USC and now his priority is more opportunitily to play and develop. Same with that qb from Texas to Duke.

I’ve posted articles here where Penix got barely any NIL when he went to UW and his main motive was reconnecting with DeBoer. Now he’s gotten nice NIL deals because of how well he’s done and how good the fit was with DeBoer and Grubb.

So if you’re a school with less resources those are the kinds of avenues that are better to pursue and might bear fruit.

Last edited:

Not transfer news but just another sign nothing lasts forever.

Last edited:
It’s no wonder why AD’s agree to these crazy extensions with coaches after the first hint of interest from another program. The roster decimation associated with coaching changes seems worse than ever even at very successful programs.

While I have not warmed at all to the changes brought about by NIL and the more liberal transfer rules, I have always thought players should have the ability to transfer if the HC who recruited them leaves.

It’s no wonder why AD’s agree to these crazy extensions with coaches after the first hint of interest from another program. The roster decimation associated with coaching changes seems worse than ever even at very successful programs.

While I have not warmed at all to the changes brought about by NIL and the more liberal transfer rules, I have always thought players should have the ability to transfer if the HC who recruited them leaves.
They were doing crazy extensions before NIL and portal and they’ve only gotten worse with contracts.

What did it stop exactly. DeBoer and Fisch both left. Leipold Sark Norvell all got nice bumps and who even knows if they were real candidates.

It doesn’t prevent anything for the most part so what’s the point. Most of these contracts aren’t worth the paper they’re written on for the schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
They were doing crazy extensions before NIL and portal and they’ve only gotten worse with contracts.

What did it stop exactly. DeBoer and Fisch both left. Leipold Sark Norvell all got nice bumps and who even knows if they were real candidates.

It doesn’t prevent anything for the most part so what’s the point. Most of these contracts aren’t worth the paper they’re written on for the schools.
I agree and was not suggesting otherwise.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT