ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2023 Transfer Portal Activity (non-RU related)

Or whatever 5 star is already on the roster…
I’m not familiar with their roster but I won’t assume they have much depth at qb. Look at FSU after Travis. Look at Alabama having to struggle back and forth at qb this year searching for their #1 until finally settling on Milroe who has flaws. Even USC just had Malachai Nelson transfer after 1 year.

I’m not familiar with their roster but I won’t assume they have much depth at qb. Look at FSU after Travis. Look at Alabama having to struggle back and forth at qb this year searching for their #1 until finally settling on Milroe who has flaws. Even USC just had Malachai Nelson transfer after 1 year.

Devin Brown 4* #37 2022
Lincoln Heinholdz 4* #235 2023
Air Noland 5* #26 2024

- young but they’ve got depth.

Wish we had gone after Malachi. Seems like he wants to go to a lesser program and build a legacy.

Devin Brown 4* #37 2022
Lincoln Heinholdz 4* #235 2023
Air Noland 5* #26 2024

- young but they’ve got depth.

Wish we had gone after Malachi. Seems like he wants to go to a lesser program and build a legacy.
Thanks for looking that up. But what you said about young is more my point when I say depth than the actual bodies.

I figured they’d have highly rated recruits but how many are actually capable of taking over the offense and being productive. We dont know and thats more my point about depth.

Alabama had 3 4 stars Milroe, Holstein (transferring now), Buchner (transferring and leaving football) and 1 5 star (Simpson) and they still struggled to find a qb for part of the year until settling on Milroe with his flaws.

Nelson is transferring but I read part of it is because he’s still raw and being passed on the depth chart and he was a 5 star. So he’s a great recruit out of highschool but would he have been adding actual capable depth at USC. That’s more my point.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
That’s a big one, I wonder if OSU might not have preferred TT to Howard if he can get eligibility.

Brian Kelly just torched his defensive coaches. Cracking whips and twisting screws was always a Kelly specialty. I don't know how anyone can want to play/coach for such a dude

“This morning, I met with [defensive coordinator] Matt House, [safeties coach] Kerry Cooks, [cornerbacks coach] Robert Steeples and [defensive line coach] Jimmy Lindsey to inform them that they would not return to our coaching staff in 2024,” Kelly said, per 247Sports. “I want to thank each of these coaches for their work on behalf of our football program and our institution during their time here. Decisions like these are always difficult, and we do not make them lightly, but they are made with the best interests of our program and our student-athletes in mind. Moving forward, we will continue working to build a championship caliber coaching staff in support of our mission to Graduate Champions.”

“Our standard is very high here,” Kelly added. “This is not about going 9–3, we wanna win a championship so we’ve gotta take the next step. We have to look internally, what we need to do in recruiting, what we need to do in coaching and coaching at a higher level and how do we support that?”

Reactions: redking
Brian Kelly just torched his defensive coaches. Cracking whips and twisting screws was always a Kelly specialty. I don't know how anyone can want to play/coach for such a dude

“This morning, I met with [defensive coordinator] Matt House, [safeties coach] Kerry Cooks, [cornerbacks coach] Robert Steeples and [defensive line coach] Jimmy Lindsey to inform them that they would not return to our coaching staff in 2024,” Kelly said, per 247Sports. “I want to thank each of these coaches for their work on behalf of our football program and our institution during their time here. Decisions like these are always difficult, and we do not make them lightly, but they are made with the best interests of our program and our student-athletes in mind. Moving forward, we will continue working to build a championship caliber coaching staff in support of our mission to Graduate Champions.”

“Our standard is very high here,” Kelly added. “This is not about going 9–3, we wanna win a championship so we’ve gotta take the next step. We have to look internally, what we need to do in recruiting, what we need to do in coaching and coaching at a higher level and how do we support that?”

I posted it in the coaching carousel thread. LSU’s defense was bad this year so it’s no surprise they fired Matt House. They’ve hired the DC from Mizzou Blake Baker and made him the highest paid coordinator at 2.5M. He was actually the LSU LB coach two years ago lol.

He has to hire a new OC too as Mike Denbrock left to go back to ND.

Last edited:
Reactions: ashokan
Do you think Boise paid some massive NIL for him lol. I’d be surprised if they did. Like I said everyone is different and maybe even the same person is different from one time to the next. Maybe he got his payday from USC and now wants a legitimate opportunity to play. No idea if he’ll be good for Boise or not.

Similar to that Texas qb going to Duke.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT