ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Aaron Hernandez dead

Great article - really sheds a lot of light. Was hearing bits and pieces and kind of assumed that the father was really the impetuous for all his bad behavior - nothing could be further from the truth - it really turned out to be the mother. Interesting in the article that they mention he never bought her a house like so many athletes do. You really just see a series of bad things happen to the kid and he is ultimately just left with the wrong people around him at the time he is most vulnerable. Not condoning his actions at all but you could see how much of a glue his dad was and once he passed his life spun out of control. His brother was good too but he was away at college. Sad story on so many different levels.
Agreed 1000%. Was shocked the Mom was the bad apple. Side note- Not much mention of DJ after Aaron went to UF. Ya gotta wonder, too, if they lost touch a bit, thus making DJ less influential in his life, thus leading to the issues. If DJ had stayed tighter and closer with him, would some of this stuff have been avoided? Anyway, regardless, it's tragic not just for the victims but for everyone involved. Sad all the way around IMO.

Reactions: Saint Puppy
Here is a potential reason he may have done this. There is a quirky law in Mass whereby if someone dies while their conviction is on appeal, the default is presumed innocence in the eyes of the court even though he was serving a sentence. What that means is any civil suits against his assets cannot be won and his family keeps the assets. The family of the person who he was convicted of killing had filed a civil suit and will now not be able to collect. Most famous application of the law was for the Enron chairman. Government was seizing his assets (40 million) and cold no longer when he died during his appeal. I heard this being discussed on the radio yesterday.

Reactions: MrsScrew
Here is a potential reason he may have done this. There is a quirky law in Mass whereby if someone dies while their conviction is on appeal, the default is presumed innocence in the eyes of the court even though he was serving a sentence. What that means is any civil suits against his assets cannot be won and his family keeps the assets. The family of the person who he was convicted of killing had filed a civil suit and will now not be able to collect. Most famous application of the law was for the Enron chairman. Government was seizing his assets (40 million) and cold no longer when he died during his appeal. I heard this being discussed on the radio yesterday.
I still think you can sue his estate, but you don't have the conviction to hang your hat on. I think you would basically have to reprove everything, but in doing so only have to satisfy the "more likely than not" standard that applies in a civil case.

Reactions: HeywoodGiant
Our son was with the Patriots during that preseason the AH had been first arrested. Didn't ever play with him but heard the stories. Also said, every team he had been on in the pro's had at least 1 or 2 guys just as bad or worse. You find out quickly from the other guys as to who you don't even want to run out for ChickFilA with. And somehow- they all seemed to be SEC guys
And every player that didn't carry an illegal firearm, felt like an outsider in the NFL.

Our son was with the Patriots during that preseason the AH had been first arrested. Didn't ever play with him but heard the stories. Also said, every team he had been on in the pro's had at least 1 or 2 guys just as bad or worse. You find out quickly from the other guys as to who you don't even want to run out for ChickFilA with. And somehow- they all seemed to be SEC guys
And every player that didn't carry an illegal firearm, felt like an outsider in the NFL.
At one point even Kevin came home one off season and was talking about guns. And I had been a hunter my whole life and CC for my 357 and we never talked about guns before.
I asked how he would be registering it in Florida if he had kept his home address as NJ?
His first response was that the guys told him not to ever register a gun.

In which- his Mom jumped ape shit all over him. lol

So, he got a highly trained military German shepherd instead. The dog became our beloved family and we are so glad he got him but always laughed about he and his other 6ft5+ 300+ guys were worrying about protection. lol

At one point even Kevin came home one off season and was talking about guns. And I had been a hunter my whole life and CC for my 357 and we never talked about guns before.
I asked how he would be registering it in Florida if he had kept his home address as NJ?
His first response was that the guys told him not to ever register a gun.

In which- his Mom jumped ape shit all over him. lol

So, he got a highly trained military German shepherd instead. The dog became our beloved family and we are so glad he got him but always laughed about he and his other 6ft5+ 300+ guys were worrying about protection. lol
That's a great story! German Shepherds are better than guns anyway.

Can't stand Tom Brady or the Pats me being a life long Steelers fan but the Roast of Tom Brady was unfiltered and very funny for the better part of 3 hours last night. A recommended watch on Netflix.

The good
Kevin Hart, Jeff Ross, Nikki Glazer, Tony Hinchcliffe, Andrew Schulz, Sam Jay, and Payton Manning
Bad
Kim K, Randy Moss, Dana White, and Ben Affleck(unrecognizable now)
Surprises
Belichick had good delivery, jokes and timing, Drew Bledsoe had a good set too.

The rest was meh with a few good punchlines and jokes here and there

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
That's a great story! German Shepherds are better than guns anyway.
They are! And this big ole Boy- he was over 100lbs- was trained in Holland, so we had to learn Dutch lol Schutzhund trained, could jump a 9 ft wall and run full speed up open guard shack steps. And was the most well behaved cuddly friendly dog you would ever meet.

Reactions: TRU2RU and RUPete
Can't stand Tom Brady or the Pats me being a life long Steelers fan but the Roast of Tom Brady was unfiltered and very funny for the most part of 3 hours last night. A recommended watch on Netflix.

The good
Kevin Hart, Jeff Ross, Nikki Glazer, Tony Hinchcliffe, Andrew Schulz, Sam Jay, and Payton Manning
Bad
Surprises

I want to watch it...as a fan, respected Brady but hated him. lol Heard he was a pretty cool guy in the locker room though.
Belechik smart football mind but complete asshole. But heard that no matter how much you may think you know about football- you sit in a meeting room with him and you will learn something new.
Kraft- heard he pretty much got nailed good and deserved it. Maybe the only bigger AH than BB

Reactions: Scarlet Blind
I want to watch it...as a fan, respected Brady but hated him. lol Heard he was a pretty cool guy in the locker room though.
Belechik smart football mind but complete asshole. But heard that no matter how much you may think you know about football- you sit in a meeting room with him and you will learn something new.
Kraft- heard he pretty much got nailed good and deserved it. Maybe the only bigger AH than BB

I heard, I don't think here, that Eli Manning was quoted as saying "Why should I roast Tom Brady? I've already roasted him twice."

Can't stand Tom Brady or the Pats me being a life long Steelers fan but the Roast of Tom Brady was unfiltered and very funny for the better part of 3 hours last night. A recommended watch on Netflix.

The good
Bad
Surprises

AH was insane, as were those UF teams under Urbs w Tebow, Spikes, Pounceys, Rainey, etc

So much talent but craziness going on all over and too crazy to contain it for a sustained period of time

The good
Bad
Surprises

I am in agreement with you for the most part.

I would add that although I like Will Ferrel that Ron Burgundy schtick just sucks. Not funny.

Also, Brady came off as an ahole at the end. Brady could have played it as a humble good sport like Manning, Moss and Gronk did. Although Gronk is not as funny as he thinks he is and he sucked.

Also, all the Giselle stuff got hacky and repetitive. If you’re like the 6th roaster maybe assume all the obvious stuff is played out.

Reactions: Scarlet Blind
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT