ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Actual kickoff time for Michigan - Washington

It isn't okay. But you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Michigan was punished for Stallions scouting a game in person. When Baylor was caught doing the same thing, the punishment was a single game suspension for the assistant coach involved.

And your observation of "this parallels how society operates these days" has likely been expressed by old men for thousands of years.

297.png
I didnt realize my mountain was so high nor my principles and morals were so mighty. By the way, your response helped solidify my initial thoughts.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I get that there is no interest in competing with the NFL for eyeballs. But the flip side is that it does kill your east coast interest. There is no way I'm staying up past halftime to watch this game. So why even tune in at all? I'll just watch the highlights in the morning.
Hopefully the TV contracts will open up for some bidding that includes a better time, and preferably day. CFB on Monday night just isn’t right.

Reactions: LeapinLou
Hopefully the TV contracts will open up for some bidding that includes a better time, and preferably day. CFB on Monday night just isn’t right.
You’re more likely to get more weeknight games not less. I think there will be middle of the week games when they expand to avoid the NFL and fit the extra rounds in.

I get that there is no interest in competing with the NFL for eyeballs. But the flip side is that it does kill your east coast interest. There is no way I'm staying up past halftime to watch this game. So why even tune in at all? I'll just watch the highlights in the morning.

The game should be over before 11:30 on the East Coast. That is like staying up and watching the 11:00 news. Not exactly PAC12 After Dark territory.

The game should be over before 11:30 on the East Coast. That is like staying up and watching the 11:00 news. Not exactly PAC12 After Dark territory.

My guess is that it will last longer than usual with all the festivities and halftime.

The Texas UW game went very late because it started at 9 because the Rose Bowl started at 5.

You’re more likely to get more weeknight games not less. I think there will be middle of the week games when they expand to avoid the NFL and fit the extra rounds in.
Can’t get worse than Monday for the champ game, and we know it isn’t going to be a Sunday.

For the others, the semis are Th/Fri for the first two expanded years. I expect that to stay the same, and while prefer a Sat, Th is way better than Mon. Maybe a Fri/Sat if NFL goes with this Sat night playoff streaming thing.

The questionable one to me would be the round before semi. The next two are lining up with NYE/NYD when it is a Wed/Th. Fri and Sat NYD years won’t be a problem. But, Sun-Tues??? Maybe they’ll pull them back to the Th/Fri/Sat before like a couple of the 4 team years were.

Just really have disliked the Monday final.

But you know if UM is doing it then so are others. It is just that they got sloppy.

Just like we know Belichick cheated (and likely others) and the Astros and refs and players.. on and on.. I'd be shocked if cheating is not at an all-time high as people routinely choose greed over honor as if it is only to get what they "deserve". Heck.. NIL just made "legal" what many schools were already doing.
So let’s not punish cheaters. Screw it, let’s not have rules or laws at all.

Reactions: mildone
I actually did tune in midway through the 2nd quarter and watched until UM had the game clinching INT which was right around 11 PM. So it went faster than I thought it would. During halftime I watched that Brooks Shields special and would go back to it during commercials.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT