ADVERTISEMENT

OT-anyone else having issues with this site?

DennisHajekRC84

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2001
nothing but lock-ups, re-starts, and "long running scripts" since it was reconfigured...months now. None of my other sites having these issues.

is it that rivals media running to the right?

All normal here.... and for a long time. I use Chrome. Ad Block Plus too.

Last edited:
nothing but lock-ups, re-starts, and "long running scripts" since it was reconfigured...months now. None of my other sites having these issues.

Depending on the browser I use, yes. When I use Chrome I have no issues. Firefox seems to crash and IE locks up as well.

Depending on the browser I use, yes. When I use Chrome I have no issues. Firefox seems to crash and IE locks up as well.
The more Firefox gets updated, the worse it gets. The latest version I have has a massive memory leak - I need to take the time to revert to an earlier version.

You might also want to look at Opera - I've been giving it a test drive at home, and so far I like what I see. Chrome bothers me, because Google tracks every single thing you do.

I would like to hear your thoughts on Opera. I was thinking about using that as well, right now i usually us Chrome in "incognito mode"

I can't use it at work anymore. It locks up 10sec after i bring it up. Painful. It has to be the stupid TV in the up right hand corner you can't close.

I have IE. I don't know if this makes sense but by setting the zoom at 150% I don't have issues with that screen and the site works fine.

Yea I have an issue with all of the arm chair Coaches and OC wannabees!

I can't use it at work anymore. It locks up 10sec after i bring it up. Painful. It has to be the stupid TV in the up right hand corner you can't close.
I use Adblock Plus, and that TV picture never comes up.

I use Adblock Plus, and that TV picture never comes up.
wow..i just went up to my internet "tools" and turned on active x filter and it appears to have cleared things up. (not even sure what that does or if anything like Adblock but you gave me a thought! ) nice!

very lame that there is no way to turn that thing off with the screen...as if Rivals has no idea what they are doing, they just want it there bottom line and do not want it turned off

Same here!!!

Never have any problems with this site. Not in Chrome on Windows, nor safari on my iPad Pro or the browser on my Android phone. I wonder what the folks experiencing problems have in common in terms of hardware and software.

again...I went up under tools(lock washer top right corner net to star), clicked on safety, and enabled ActiveX filtering and it fixed the darn issue...

give it a try....and yeah. this explains:

ActiveX controls
ActiveX controls are small apps that allow websites to provide content such as videos and games. They also let you interact with content like toolbars and stock tickers when you browse the web. However, these apps can sometimes malfunction, or give you content that you don't want. In some cases, these apps might be used to collect info from your PC, damage info on your PC, install software on your PC without your agreement, or let someone else control your PC remotely.

ActiveX Filtering
ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer prevents sites from installing and using these apps. This can help keep you safer as you browse, but it can also affect the performance of certain sites. For example, when ActiveX Filtering is on, videos, games, and other interactive content might not work.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT