ADVERTISEMENT

OT attendance

If you can't understand the clearly stated point of my post, then , again, we'll agree to disagree. Read the first sentence of my post. Following that sentence, I happened to mention what I heard on the news about a possible new strain coming. Whether it does or not, the point is what's happening right now in hospitals. God forbid, but you or I could have a medical emergency and call for an ambulance or need hospital treatment and either not have one available or have exhausted medical workers try to find a bed and deal with our emergency.

The same way that ebola, measles, mumps, etc was controlled by global efforts, this virus will require that kind of attention and coordination plus mask wearing to control it. Controlling it is defeating it. I never said we can eliminate it completely. Those other viruses haven't been completely eliminated but we can go out each day with little to no worry of catching them.

Yes, we can all be super spreaders but if you are wearing the mask, it is less likely that you will spread if you happen to be positive.

As far as the last pres to this one, I don't need to say another word.

Others who read my post can determine for themselves if I have given false information.

Seems like that's the political go to for some, who are actually guilty of offering alternative facts. Strategically accusing others of false info.

You can keep trying to attack my posts, but I've said all that I need to on this topic. I'm not interested in the politics, just the realities.
Nobody attacked your post. It is all in your triggered mind. I wrote something which ( admit it ) you didn’t like about Sotomayer. It had absolutely no direct correlation to your original posting. Do you remember your outrage when people questioned about Stringer’s absence? You again flipped out then because you believed we were just being critical of this woman. As it turns out you were completely out of touch and only lately crawled back to the reality that Eatman’s not the answer nor is C. Viv probably is not returning. And in retrospect you are the one who attacked or questioned me back then and now . Perhaps in your convoluted world everyone else is the enemy of the State of Rutgers and RUcrazee.

"I'm not interested in the politics, just the realities."
That would be a great idea for all of us to follow, but it seems it's politics driving most of the talk about covid 19 and how to protect yourself and others when the issue is raised.
Sometimes the post bringing the subject up winds up hijacking what the thread was talking about , turning it into a virus political issue.
Two Supreme Court Justices made wrong claims about Covid 19 and that turned political.
One ( considered liberal) made a mistake talking about the virus and conservatives took to the internet to attack her statement in many a forum. Most of the time what she said wasn't related to the issue being talked about.The poster felt a need to add it to the conversation.
Another Supreme Court Justice ( considered conservative) spoke out mistakenly when the COVID 19 death issue was raised.His mistake has no bearing on poor attendance, but is an example of something some would use to turn a sports related issue into a political arguement
Liberals all over the land never fail to mention how he was wrong when he gave his covid 19 death opinion.

What makes both sides doing that on sports related boards, it takes some of the enjoyment out of going to that board for those who want to get away from political arguments and just want to discuss sports.

This thread is about attendance and I feel covid 19 and ways to protect oneself and others aren't really an issue that is causing terrible turnout for the Women's home games, attendance was very lousy before the virus hit this country and the State of New Jersey .
For the 2014-2015 season RU WBB came in at number 11 in the BIG with an average of 2,409, ahead of Michigan, Illinois, and Northwestern. .
For the 2019-19 season ( years virus hurts attendance might give false readings) has Rutgers with a slight decrease 2198 average home attendance while Michigan gained more fans attending ( low 3000s), Illinois with 1,511 and Northwestern with 1,227 per game.
Seton Hall wasn't close to averaging a full house ( not even a pair of deuces) with their average home game crowd of 873.
Could be WBB doesn't sell well in Jersey with so many other sports available to see their games instead .
But still the attendance for the Women's games should be better attended, but using the current situation for reason why so bad isn't a valid point in my opinion. It started way before.

my 2018-19 statics are from here:
http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/w_basketball_RB/2020/Attendance.pdf

Last edited:
Nobody attacked your post. It is all in your triggered mind. I wrote something which ( admit it ) you didn’t like about Sotomayer. It had absolutely no direct correlation to your original posting. Do you remember your outrage when people questioned about Stringer’s absence? You again flipped out then because you believed we were just being critical of this woman. As it turns out you were completely out of touch and only lately crawled back to the reality that Eatman’s not the answer nor is C. Viv probably is not returning. And in retrospect you are the one who attacked or questioned me back then and now . Perhaps in your convoluted world everyone else is the enemy of the State of Rutgers and RUcrazee.
Man, your bs tactics don't work here. Stop lying and manipulating people's words for your own agenda. You want to attack Sotomayor just do it. Leave me out. I don't even know what you are talking about! YOU don't even know what your saying.

My views on CVS haven't changed. If you paid attention, my responses are appropriate to what has happened over the timeline. Tim has not done well this year. I've been critical this year. It is looking like CVS will not be able to return, so I apply my common sense and start to think replacement. Stop lying to try to make yourself look more intelligent.

Again, please, ...ignore my posts.

"I'm not interested in the politics, just the realities."
That would be a great idea for all of us to follow, but it seems it's politics driving most of the talk about covid 19 and how to protect yourself and others when the issue is raised.
Sometimes the post bringing the subject up winds up hijacking what the thread was talking about , turning it into a virus political issue.
Two Supreme Court Justices made wrong claims about Covid 19 and that turned political.
One ( considered liberal) made a mistake talking about the virus and conservatives took to the internet to attack her statement in many a forum.
Another Supreme Court Justice ( considered conservative) spoke out mistakenly when the COVID 19 death issue was raised.
Liberals all over the land never fail to mention how he was wrong when he gave his covid 19 death opinion.

What makes both sides doing that on sports related boards, it takes some of the enjoyment out of going to that board for those who want to get away from political arguments and just want to discuss sports.

This thread is about attendance and I feel covid 19 and ways to protect oneself and others aren't really an issue that is causing terrible turnout for the Women's home games, attendance was very lousy before the virus hit this country and the State of New Jersey .
For the 2014-2015 season RU WBB came in at number 11 in the BIG with an average of 2,409, ahead of Michigan, Illinois, and Northwestern. .
For the 2019-19 season ( years virus hurts attendance might give false readings) has Rutgers with a slight decrease 2198 average home attendance while Michigan gained more fans attending ( low 3000s), Illinois with 1,511 and Northwestern with 1,227 per game.
Seton Hall wasn't close to averaging a full house ( not even a pair of deuces) with their average home game crowd of 873.
Could be WBB doesn't sell well in Jersey with so many other sports available to see their games instead .
But still the attendance for the Women's games should be better attended, but using the current situation for reason why so bad isn't a valid point in my opinion. It started way before.

my 2018-19 statics are from here:
http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/w_basketball_RB/2020/Attendance.pdf
I get your point about the hijacking of a thread and the unpleasant vibe it can bring to a sports forum. It's unfortunate that this thread was hijacked. I'm going to do my part and stop talking about it. I'd much rather post and read posts about our opponent on Thursday anyway.

Respectfully, my original post, IMO, is totally appropriate to the subject of attendance without being politically stated.

Also, I never stated or suggested that covid was the reason for low attendance. You know me, I speak the truth, no agendas. I know how the attendance has been low for years, dating back well before covid. I do believe covid is keeping some people home though, such as myself. Someone mentioned the UConn game the other day. I just looked at it and would agree that the arena was not packed like it usually is for UConn. I would guess that is due to covid, not the teams performance or state of the program. Not a political statement, just the reality.

We should be able to speak this reality without taking it to politics.

Man, your bs tactics don't work here. Stop lying and manipulating people's words for your own agenda. You want to attack Sotomayor just do it. Leave me out. I don't even know what you are talking about! YOU don't even know what your saying.

My views on CVS haven't changed. If you paid attention, my responses are appropriate to what has happened over the timeline. Tim has not done well this year. I've been critical this year. It is looking like CVS will not be able to return, so I apply my common sense and start to think replacement. Stop lying to try to make yourself look more intelligent.

Again, please, ...ignore my posts.
Triggered much? ..out of respect I will temper my reply. I don’t manipulate words I just tell it like it is. Nobody attacked you . It was because you found it offensive that someone would called out Sotomayer. Are you defending her claims? And for the poster bringing up Gorsuch and his comments what he said was much different. You were wrong with Stringer and Eatman and are just as wrong on this. If you don’t care about the Sotomayer thread why did you respond about her being mentioned. I won’t call you a liar but you are the one now who wants to claim “ I had a change of heart”… now that is total BS. Have a great day sweet pea.

Reactions: bac2therac
Triggered much? ..out of respect I will temper my reply. I don’t manipulate words I just tell it like it is. Nobody attacked you . It was because you found it offensive that someone would called out Sotomayer. Are you defending her claims? And for the poster bringing up Gorsuch and his comments what he said was much different. You were wrong with Stringer and Eatman and are just as wrong on this. If you don’t care about the Sotomayer thread why did you respond about her being mentioned. I won’t call you a liar but you are the one now who wants to claim “ I had a change of heart”… now that is total BS. Have a great day sweet pea.
Wow! Unbelievable!

Crazy, you dog
you were addressed like this : "Have a great day sweet pea."
well I have a gripe about you
How come you don't do something like this ( you do on the MBB & FB boards)
Sweet Pea's Corner Rutgers vs Penn State 1/11/22 - YouTube

disclaimer : no insult intended towards anyone, just trying to lighten up this thread and put in some humor to quell the arguing a bit.

The sweet pea comment is a reference to the old Popeye nephew … it is a term of endearment but triggered folks won’t understand.

The sweet pea comment is a reference to the old Popeye nephew … it is a term of endearment but triggered folks won’t understand.
I understood, watch Popeye eat his spinach fighting with Bruto over Olive Oil many a Saterday morning.
As for calling someone sweet pea:
Also know it's not always used in an endearing way at times.
I have used that term to insult someone myself.
So I put the sweet pea prediction in as an attempt to stop the arguing , but your reply makes that attempt look like a failure.

It would be a nice gesture to end the "endearing salutations" political related disagreements and try to discuss why Rutgers Women's Basketball has had a poor attendance problem for many years and not just popped up.
Whether you put the blame of the coaches not going out to get people interested in the program.
Rutgers not marketing the product very well over the years.
Or just that there are so many other sporting events in the Jersey area,WBB falls way down the list.
As you can see in one of my replies in this attendance thread, Seton Hall isn't packing the stands either and other B1G programs aren't doing so well themselves.
Check out the link I provided and judge for yourself

The women’s program is not finished but I wish CViv had been available this season. To not see the disaster which was coming showed poor judgement by the AD. Truthfully the change should have come several years ago with Vivian becoming coach emeritus and a position in the sports department‘s hierarchy. When those young women BB players continued to leave year after year a light in someone’s head should have gone off. So far Hobb’s seems to have done fairly well on coaching picks . This will be his greatest challenge.

I understood, watch Popeye eat his spinach fighting with Bruto over Olive Oil many a Saterday morning.
As for calling someone sweet pea:
Also know it's not always used in an endearing way at times.
I have used that term to insult someone myself.
So I put the sweet pea prediction in as an attempt to stop the arguing , but your reply makes that attempt look like a failure.

It would be a nice gesture to end the "endearing salutations" political related disagreements and try to discuss why Rutgers Women's Basketball has had a poor attendance problem for many years and not just popped up.
Whether you put the blame of the coaches not going out to get people interested in the program.
Rutgers not marketing the product very well over the years.
Or just that there are so many other sporting events in the Jersey area,WBB falls way down the list.
As you can see in one of my replies in this attendance thread, Seton Hall isn't packing the stands either and other B1G programs aren't doing so well themselves.
Check out the link I provided and judge for yourself
Mad, I appreciate your attempt but I have a gripe with you. Not seriously, but just saying....Stop fueling this sick attempt to gaslight. It's time to ignore people when they just start talking utter nonsense and resorting to personal name calling.

Shame on me, again, for entertaining it for as long as I did.

You're right, I'm not a fan of that answer. I just don't understand that approach to a problem such as this.

As much as we have a large portion of the population that wants to make things go back to normal, your approach and that of nonvaxers is what is keeping us from getting back to a true semblance of normalcy.

Like the vaxed and boosted part........I feel that testing is not a bad idea in work spaces. You want to know as soon as possible so if positive you don't add to the spread .

Quit masking?? .........If mild, ignore and just go ahead and work or play as you normally would???

First off, you say if you're sick stay home(I agree with that), then you say in the next sentence, go out and live life normally even if you are sick. And do it without a mask. Mild sickness is sickness, especially with this virus. Asymptomatic can spread the virus.

I don't understand. You really care about kids? They are showing up in hospitals now in much higher numbers and some are dying (most who haven't been vaccinated). Yes, unvaccinated are in the most danger but if you don't wear a mask around groups of people, it is possible you could be asymptomatic and pass it to someone else vaxed or unvaxed who ends up dying.

What about kids who are now going to have to deal with long-term covid effects (some doctors are saying that omicron is causing diabetes in many patients). God forbid kids end up with no parent(s) due to covid deaths. It is happening. Even boosted population can get breakthrough cases and complications if they have other ailments. Many people do have other ailments these days.

For me, I and my kids will continue to wear the masks around crowds of people and keep up with booster, so that we hopefully, will not have to suffer for real. Why would I send my kids to school without a mask or go out without one and risk my life when my kids need me to be around.?
You are an idiot. Half of your post is false.

You are an idiot. Half of your post is false.
RUcrazee why spread distorted truths .Everything you put forth has been debunked by actual science and by researching facts about the current virus, severity , how cases are counted , masks, no masks, only NK95 masks, tests , no tests, PCR good Antigen not so good. Antibodies don’t count with omicron but do count with the original and delta strains . Now using Ivermectin tin, monoclonal antibodies , hydroxychloroquine . And yet you chastise others . DS.

Reactions: bac2therac
Those places don’t charge $10 for parking on top of $25+ for a general admission ticket either. Between the cost and other options available, you are going to have a hard time getting a casual fan to RU WBB in NJ especially with the old school style of play.
Yup. It's pure economics... opportunity costs. If people feel like it's worth their hard-earned dollars, they'll cough up the bucks and come. Competition for the entertainment dollar is absolutely a factor.

How many people would be willing to shell out the associated costs of going to a Broadway show that critics and theatergoers pan as awful? This is not much different. Look no further than the increase in RU men's hoops attendance once the chances of leaving the RAC with a smile on your face increased.

If you can't understand the clearly stated point of my post, then , again, we'll agree to disagree. Read the first sentence of my post. Following that sentence, I happened to mention what I heard on the news about a possible new strain coming. Whether it does or not, the point is what's happening right now in hospitals. God forbid, but you or I could have a medical emergency and call for an ambulance or need hospital treatment and either not have one available or have exhausted medical workers try to find a bed and deal with our emergency.

The same way that ebola, measles, mumps, etc was controlled by global efforts, this virus will require that kind of attention and coordination plus mask wearing to control it. Controlling it is defeating it. I never said we can eliminate it completely. Those other viruses haven't been completely eliminated but we can go out each day with little to no worry of catching them.

Yes, we can all be super spreaders but if you are wearing the mask, it is less likely that you will spread if you happen to be positive.

As far as the last pres to this one, I don't need to say another word.

Others who read my post can determine for themselves if I have given false information.

Seems like that's the political go to for some, who are actually guilty of offering alternative facts. Strategically accusing others of false info.

You can keep trying to attack my posts, but I've said all that I need to on this topic. I'm not interested in the politics, just the realities.
Just to educate you properly RUcrazee , according to leader Fauci “ the virus can not be defeated”… “ the virus can not be eradicated .” Wow now that says it all. Oh and masks are not a guarantee but they MAY help according to leader Fauci. How blind you are on this medical issue. It will as most with even a tiny speck of common sense realize be an annual shot just like flu. Only problem we can’t be taking shots every 4-5 months. You think you know everything when you actually prove you know very little about this virus.

get a line all of you that want to argue about whose right about the virus protection vaccination and the other virus related BS your spreading to make this thread unreadable that doesn't have a damm thing to do with failed attendance that has been a problem since before COVID 19 became an issue.
This gotcha insulting has got out of hand and is only meant to sooth the petty ego of some people.

Putting statements that partially show what someone says to make then look like they gave up is not the way to discuss, but is a good way to argue a point.
( from when Trump was President Fauci made the statements addressed in Bob's reply to crazee.
They were made after Trump claimed he virus will disappear.. Fauci made his statement as a warning to the public because covid cases and deaths were getting higher) and it was the truth.)

What Fauci said in 2020
White House coronavirus advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said Wednesday it is unlikely the coronavirus will ever be eradicated.

While the virus will not disappear, it’s possible world leaders and public health officials could work to bring the virus down to “low levels,” the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said during an interview with the TB Alliance.

“I think with a combination of good public health measures, a degree of global herd immunity and a good vaccine, which I do hope and feel cautiously optimistic that we will get, I think when we put all three of those together, we will get control of this, whether it’s this year or next year. I’m not certain,” he said.

But, he added, “I don’t really see us eradicating it.”

( my opinion) :>As for wearing masks being a help, even a little is better than none at all like conspiracy theorist would have you believe.<
Shame that on a sports related board people need to be corrected on supplying partial information when trying to act like they are correcting mistakes made by others.

Now can we get back to talking about why RU WBB home attendance has been bad for a lot of years and even worse this year.
This year I'd say it was because team doesn't play well enough to go our of way to watch when other things could provide a more enjoyable venue.
But even in yeas the team was winning ,attendance wasn't all that good.

Last edited:
get a line all of you that want to argue about whose right about the virus protection vaccination and the other virus related BS your spreading to make this thread unreadable that doesn't have a damm thing to do with failed attendance that has been a problem since before COVID 19 became an issue.
This gotcha insulting has got out of hand and is only meant to sooth the petty ego of some people.

Putting statements that partially show what someone says to make then look like they gave up is not the way to discuss, but is a good way to argue a point.
( from when Trump was President Fauci made the statements addressed in Bob's reply to crazee.
They were made after Trump claimed he virus will disappear.. Fauci made his statement as a warning to the public because covid cases and deaths were getting higher) and it was the truth.)

What Fauci said in 2020
White House coronavirus advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said Wednesday it is unlikely the coronavirus will ever be eradicated.

While the virus will not disappear, it’s possible world leaders and public health officials could work to bring the virus down to “low levels,” the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases said during an interview with the TB Alliance.

“I think with a combination of good public health measures, a degree of global herd immunity and a good vaccine, which I do hope and feel cautiously optimistic that we will get, I think when we put all three of those together, we will get control of this, whether it’s this year or next year. I’m not certain,” he said.

But, he added, “I don’t really see us eradicating it.”

( my opinion) :>As for wearing masks being a help, even a little is better than none at all like conspiracy theorist would have you believe.<
Shame that on a sports related board people need to be corrected on supplying partial information when trying to act like they are correcting mistakes made by others.

Now can we get back to talking about why RU WBB home attendance has been bad for a lot of years and even worse this year.
This year I'd say it was because team doesn't play well enough to go our of way to watch when other things could provide a more enjoyable venue.
But even in yeas the team was winning ,attendance wasn't all that good.
I agree with your last paragraph. This year is an all time low due to many factors. But it's not like there was ever "good to great attendance." Attendance has always been an issue and has been a real problem for greater than 8-10 years.

I agree with your last paragraph. This year is an all time low due to many factors. But it's not like there was ever "good to great attendance." Attendance has always been an issue and has been a real problem for greater than 8-10 years.
If I remember right, the glory days of RU WBB had real good attendance at times but the RAC usually was around 4,000 on the average and for a top program that wasn't a great number

Reactions: kupuna133
You might not like my answer but it’s get vaccinated and boosted, quit testing, quit counting, quit masking and go on as normal.
If you’re sick stay home.
If you only have a mild sickness you’d ordinarily ignore, work or play with….do so.
Children have suffered long enough
wtg zap.......of course you are using to much common sense.......your right, stop the freaking testing when you get the sniffles. and, take an alka seltzer plus......also the media with it's 24/7 covid bullhorn scaring the bejesus out of the normies, isn't helping.

New Jersey has NINE million people. Our football stadium only holds 52,000 and our arena holds 8,000, which is the size of some Indiana high school gyms. Every football, basketball, wrestling, event should be sold out. No more excuses, I have heard too many of them over the decades. We have counties that have more people than some states.
Is not wanting to go to the games an excuse? When 8,000 people want to go, there’ll be 8,000 people there. Do you think people are somehow obligated to attend basketball games?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT