ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Auto Insurance

I would guess there are a few less cars on the road and a little less snow and fewer uninsured drivers where you live now.
There is actually more traffic on I77 between Charlotte and the towns around lake Norman than I ever encountered on the GSP and Turnpike. Ask anyone down there who used to be up in NJ. Also, so far the past 4 months we’ve had about the same snowfall I believe. And I’m not sure about uninsured drivers but talking on the phone while driving is legal in NC if you’re above 18 and using your phone to do other stuff is allowed if you’re stopped, at a light or in traffic.

NJM n

Thanks for all the responses but the above is what I wanted to hear.

Since posting this thread I got quotes from Liberty Mutual (over $1100 for 6 months) and NJM (over $1000 for 6 months).

Think I'm going to have my son go with Geico. A little higher than Progressive but I heard from a body shop guy that Progressive was difficult on claims.

I think my son;s rates go down with the higher priced quotes after age 25.

What year is the car? I am getting quotes in $4k range? Did you remove collision / comp?

What year is the car? I am getting quotes in $4k range? Did you remove collision / comp?
The post was about my 24 y/o son getting insurance for a 2018 Ford Escape. Full coverage including collision
I switched to GEICO as well since the premium was half of what Allstate offered

The post was about my 24 y/o son getting insurance for a 2018 Ford Escape. Full coverage including collision
I switched to GEICO as well since the premium was half of what Allstate offered
I understand I'm looking at quotes for my 19 year old and a $15K car. My quotes are coming in at $4k with a clean record.

Was curious why yours was so low? Maybe the age difference?

I understand I'm looking at quotes for my 19 year old and a $15K car. My quotes are coming in at $4k with a clean record.

Was curious why yours was so low? Maybe the age difference?

Age difference, credit rating, employment history and education level are possible reasons.

Geico is great on price And claim service. For complex cases, they assign a case manager whom you can question. They cut that claim check so fast and their claim process is streamlined, as you can use their website to file claims. The app is very useful. Big fan of Geico.

I also get annual rebate checks from NJM. Lowers the overall cost a bit. They are very good and responsive on claims as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT