ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Battle for Atlantis Bahamas

Until we can legitimately go 9 deep and assuming we stay a team that wins because of defense. I think the "optimal schedule" is darn close to the one we have now.

NO WAY TO QUANTIFY.......
We totally ran out of gas at the end of 2022-23. We had nothing against Notre Dame.
Same for 2023-24.

You can not compare a team that works as hard as we do and wins on the defensive end with a team that wins outscoring their opponent.

The Big 10 appears to be trash this year which means in conference wins means less. Rutgers won at Purdue last year...the biggest win in the country and still did not make the tournament...wrap your mind around that one

• Angry
Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Until we can legitimately go 9 deep and assuming we stay a team that wins because of defense. I think the "optimal schedule" is darn close to the one we have now.

NO WAY TO QUANTIFY.......
We totally ran out of gas at the end of 2022-23. We had nothing against Notre Dame.
Same for 2023-24.

You can not compare a team that works as hard as we do and wins on the defensive end with a team that wins outscoring their opponent.
we ran out of gas because we had no bench and that goes to recruiting deficiencies

why did we recruit Harper and Ace if Pike wants to win on the defensive end

Reactions: RUJMM78
Rutgers has done poorly OOC during Pikes tenure. 99% of the power 6 schools are ready to go and challenge the program by playing in tournaments, including every Big 10 school but somehow Rutgers is some special case

Rutgers is currently following the much made fun of Boeheim playing all his non conference games without leaving the state of NY...RU gets one at Wake who is a lesser ACC program.

I wonder if the Miss State deal is one shot or not
Boeheim has won National Championships. His teams usually peaked by the end of the season. He played 100% zone which taxes players less and they were fresh when it mattered most.

Reactions: RUBlackout
Boeheim has won National Championships. His teams usually peaked by the end of the season. He played 100% zone which taxes players less and they were fresh when it mattered most.
well Rutgers does not peak at the end of the season nor at the beggining. Seem to get going in mid December and peak by the beginning of February

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
we ran out of gas because we had no bench and that goes to recruiting deficiencies

why did we recruit Harper and Ace if Pike wants to win on the defensive end
POINT 1 ...that is exactly why you have a weak schedule
POINT 2...it is going to be VERY VERY VERY interesting to see this play out

It took 1 half of basketball for Pike to "change his tune" about the way we will play. He went right passed fast to best defense in a hurry.

I see Ace Bailey's highlights and am in awe. Keeps me from really going out on a limb to officially state my beliefs of your POINT 2. 2025-26 is going to be here before we blink.

well Rutgers does not peak at the end of the season nor at the beggining. Seem to get going in mid December and peak by the beginning of February
which in my eyes.....
we need to keep the schedule and have a rotation of 8-9 and keep minutes in the high 20s/low 30s. If you go back in your recap threads during last year while we were rolling I think you will find in almost everyone me warning that we were playing our guys too many minutes and I feared we would tank.

We just disagree here.
On thing I just can't think is true (and you should know)

2 teams with identical schedules except for 1 game....
TEAM A goes 19-12 with a win over Boston U (didn't play Tennessee)
Team B goes 18-13 with a loss to Tenneessee (didn't play Boston U)

Committee prefers B.....I have a tough time with that. If you want to say the same I am OK with that.

The problem isn't the weak OOC.
It's the weak OOC and LOSING the weak OCC.

As you point out - we keep losing these games.
If we are 20-11 with wins over Temple/SHU - aren't we in?

If yes, then the OOC schedule didn't keep us out.
The losses in OOC helped keep us out.
They def get in last season if they didn’t lose to SHU and Shirley Temple

We just disagree here.
On thing I just can't think is true (and you should know)

2 teams with identical schedules except for 1 game....
TEAM A goes 19-12 with a win over Boston U (didn't play Tennessee)
Team B goes 18-13 with a loss to Tenneessee (didn't play Boston U)

Committee prefers B.....I have a tough time with that. If you want to say the same I am OK with that.
care to give me the non conference sos differentials

care to give me the non conference sos differentials
I guess the question is how much does the OOC SOS needle move going from a #300 to a #20. If you play 11 OOC games probably moves you 25-30 spots if you are RU.

2022-23
What is tougher from a OOC SOS POV
A...Rider and UMASS Lowell OR
B...Baylor and Sacred Heart

I think A is better for OOC SOS.

The RU issue has been the 300s. 5 schools 289 and above. Wouldn't replacing them with low 200s do more for our SOS then adding big fish.

Is the committee looking at overall SOS numbers or just the Quad games the OOC are in. Our win probabililty might be 95% playing Mr. 200 and 99% playing Mr. 300.

Those aren’t the only top teams in the country.
It’s not rocket science. We were gonna play Baylor the Covid year at the Garden until the season got shortened and we only had 4 OOC games. I’m confident we’re in contact with who we need to be in contact with. Ace committed nearly a year ago so we’ve probably been working the lines for awhile.
The last two times we’ve played at the Garden, we’ve had a great showing, I’m sure we could get a OOC game at the garden with ease if we wanted to.
But please, continue to talk to me like a child and explain to me how we won’t be able to beef up our schedule

Past history when it comes to scheduling should not be cause for confidence that they’re in contact with who we need to be in contact with. I have more confidence that contact has been made with Stonehill or UMass than I do Duke or UConn.

I guess the question is how much does the OOC SOS needle move going from a #300 to a #20. If you play 11 OOC games probably moves you 25-30 spots if you are RU.

2022-23
What is tougher from a OOC SOS POV
A...Rider and UMASS Lowell OR
B...Baylor and Sacred Heart

I think A is better for OOC SOS.

The RU issue has been the 300s. 5 schools 289 and above. Wouldn't replacing them with low 200s do more for our SOS then adding big fish.

Is the committee looking at overall SOS numbers or just the Quad games the OOC are in. Our win probabililty might be 95% playing Mr. 200 and 99% playing Mr. 300.
b

L
Boeheim won one National Championship, and that was on the back of his freshman star, Carmelo Anthony.

Nova is back. What a tremendous tourney for them will probably vault to top 10 after this. Also their ooc strength right now is fire

Pretty damn awesome tournament. Got to see Penny and Roy Williams. Chatted with Randy Foyre and family and took pics with him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT