ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bernard McGuirk passed away

rurichdog

Heisman Winner
Sep 30, 2006
WABC radio personality Bernie McGuirk passed away last night. He played a big role in the Don Imus / Rutgers Women's Basketball controversy, and has also been a part of many people's morning drive routines for many years. Mixed emotions about the man, but will pray for his family & friends.

WABC radio personality Bernie McGuirk passed away last night. He played a big role in the Don Imus / Rutgers Women's Basketball controversy, and has also been a part of many people's morning drive routines for many years. Mixed emotions about the man, but will pray for his family & friends.
Sad, much too young at age 64 apparently from prostate cancer.

I knew it was bad when he left the air a month back. I am sorry to hear this as Bernie and sid have been my morning drive routine since they went on the air. RIP Bernie you will be missed.

Shame. Bernie was a very funny personality. RIP.

This goes back probably 2 decades when Imus was on, of all places, MSNBC, and Ted Turner made a pledge that he would make a charitable donation if an event (I forget what) happened, and it did. Bernie was sent to Atlanta and, with 1 other person, started to picket in front of CNN headquarters chanting: "Hey, hey, ho, ho, Ted Turner's got to pay the dough." CNN called the Atlanta police. Hillarious.

RIP

Reactions: BigEastPhil
Sad, much too young at age 64 apparently from prostate cancer.
There is an article that says he died of brain cancer. Now the joke we could make would be distasteful but probably appropriate to Bernie’s style of nothing is offensive

Wow . I listen to them time to time . And I heard Rosenberg saying just last week he would be back .

There is an article that says he died of brain cancer. Now the joke we could make would be distasteful but probably appropriate to Bernie’s style of nothing is offensive
You're the only guy who heard or read that, every article I read said prostrate cancer and anyone that remotely listens to the radio knew he had it months ago. What's your point?? to be funny or you don't like his politics.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
You're the only guy who heard or read that, every article I read said prostrate cancer and anyone that remotely listens to the radio knew he had it months ago. What's your point?? to be funny or you don't like his politics.
Cutis Sliwa said prostate cancer on the radio.

Earlier I googled Bernie McGuirk and there was an article with brain cancer in the headline. I did not read the article.

I am sure Bernie would not have been offended

It was radio ink.com

Cutis Sliwa said prostate cancer on the radio.

Earlier I googled Bernie McGuirk and there was an article with brain cancer in the headline. I did not read the article.

I am sure Bernie would not have been offended

It was radio ink.com
Radio ink from 3 hours ago says in it headlines prostrate cancer

I saw the same thing Tom1944 saw, and was mildly amused, looking for how Bernie would spin that as a self-deprecating joke if he were still on this earth. Maybe he'd don a FedEx envelope on his head and read his own eulogy as Cardinal Egan.

Last edited:
Saw the brain cancer mention too on one of the links.

I saw the same thing Tom1944 saw, and was mildly amused, looking for how Bernie would spin that as a self-deprecating joke if he were still on thus earth. Maybe he'd don a FedEx envelope on his head and read his own eulogy by Cardinal Egan.
I use that brain surgery joke every time someone gets a prostate exam or colonoscopy

I would not be surprised if the headline was written on purpose as a joke

I use that brain surgery joke every time someone gets a prostate exam or colonoscopy

I would not be surprised if the headline was written on purpose as a joke
From what I read, it was prostate cancer that metastasized to the brain. So not that funny after all.

Not to second guess here but don’t regular colonoscopies >40 pretty much eliminate prostate cancer? I had uncles on both sides of the family die from PC in their 50’s. Never once visited a gastro doc.

Always loved Bernie. When Imus made his unfortunate RU WBB remarks Bernie was in the thick of it. He knew that the I-man had gone off the reservation in that remark and tried to fix it, but couldnt do it.

Not to second guess here but don’t regular colonoscopies >40 pretty much eliminate prostate cancer? I had uncles on both sides of the family die from PC in their 50’s. Never once visited a gastro doc.

Always loved Bernie. When Imus made his unfortunate RU WBB remarks Bernie was in the thick of it. He knew that the I-man had gone off the reservation in that remark and tried to fix it, but couldnt do it.
huh? psa test is what one needs----never ever heard colon0scopies have anything to do with prostrate cancer

Very sorry to hear of Bernie's passing. He was smart and funny, a winning combination. I was a long time Imus listener and enjoyed his contributions to that show. I only occasionally listened to him and Sid but they seemed to be a strong combination. Rest in Peace.

From what I read, it was prostate cancer that metastasized to the brain. So not that funny after all.
But given how irreverent Bernie was not off the table in terms of jokes. He would not have filtered his humor under the same circumstances if this was anyone else.

huh? psa test is what one needs----never ever heard colon0scopies have anything to do with prostrate cancer
Or you get the old fashioned finger up the ass. That works too .
it’s totally worth getting checked (not joking) for a few seconds of uncomfortableness

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT