ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bitcoin, Altcoins, NFT's & All Things Crypto

BTC has been lagging other coins for quite a while. It's the market leader and probably the most "stable" when it comes to price.
Ya, and I'm in crypto for the beta, thus I have no issue with BTC now being my 3rd largest crypto holding. Most of my adds recently have been to much smaller plays.

Cosmos has been great for me, and after being overtaken by ETH for a day or two on the dip, is now back in the top spot and widening it's lead.

Do wish I could get in on ELA, but KuCoin was just not working for me.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
That is a game changer for me. It puts them on par with other crypto trading apps and perhaps even better given the zero commissions. I may just go ahead and buy more of HOOD.
Ya, I think HOOD is in a very good place. A ton of accounts. Yes, low money accounts, because they tend to be young investors, but eventually those young investors will mature, earn, and thus invest more money.

I may open an account there. COIN's platform is lame imo, and E-Trade a)doesn't have crypto and b)charges for options.

Ya, and I'm in crypto for the beta, thus I have no issue with BTC now being my 3rd largest crypto holding. Most of my adds recently have been to much smaller plays.

Cosmos has been great for me, and after being overtaken by ETH for a day or two on the dip, is now back in the top spot and widening it's lead.

Do wish I could get in on ELA, but KuCoin was just not working for me.

Keep your eye on your holdings. I always recommend moving some profits to BTC. Especially when there's a bargain to be had on BTC dips. A very large chunk of alts are going to be worthless one day, Im fond of minimizing some of that risk and moving into some of the coins that will be in it for the long haul.

I've been slowly but steadily decreasing my shitcoin holdings, taking profit and converting to BTC. No different that selling dog stocks like Sorrento, Spirit, Nikola and moving to SPY.

Keep your eye on your holdings. I always recommend moving some profits to BTC. Especially when there's a bargain to be had on BTC dips. A very large chunk of alts are going to be worthless one day, Im fond of minimizing some of that risk and moving into some of the coins that will be in it for the long haul.

I've been slowly but steadily decreasing my shitcoin holdings, taking profit and converting to BTC. No different that selling dog stocks like Sorrento, Spirit, Nikola and moving to SPY.
I own Nikola, it has legit long term potential. Not into ETF's.

Though I did just hear about a 2x S&P500 etf(sso maybe), now that sounded interesting. It will do great when the market is up, but awful when the market is down, but as we all know, over time the market always moves upward.

I do keep a watchful eye over all my holdings. And I like the utility of the non BTC crypto. Outside of institutional adoption, I really don't see the case for BTC. Then factor in that other crypto is outperforming it?

Had a big jump from Civic 15% jump in a hour, 25% in the last 24 hours.

Based on this I assume.

So buddying up with Sol.

My 4th largest crypto but under 5% overall so pretty small, also spiked early in this month, but gave most of that spike back.

Ya, SSO that's the one, Al Michaels was on the half time report talking about it. I checked out it's performance, and hot damn!!!
Check out this disclaimer:

ProShares Ultra S&P500 seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, that correspond to two times (2x) the daily performance of the S&P 500®.
This leveraged ProShares ETF seeks a return that is 2x the return of its underlying benchmark (target) for a single day, as measured from one NAV calculation to the next. Due to the compounding of daily returns, holding periods of greater than one day can result in returns that are significantly different than the target return and ProShares' returns over periods other than one day will likely differ in amount and possibly direction from the target return for the same period. These effects may be more pronounced in funds with larger or inverse multiples and in funds with volatile benchmarks. Investors should monitor their holdings as frequently as daily. Investors should consult the prospectus for further details on the calculation of the returns and the risks associated with investing in this product.

Check out this disclaimer:

ProShares Ultra S&P500 seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, that correspond to two times (2x) the daily performance of the S&P 500®.
This leveraged ProShares ETF seeks a return that is 2x the return of its underlying benchmark (target) for a single day, as measured from one NAV calculation to the next. Due to the compounding of daily returns, holding periods of greater than one day can result in returns that are significantly different than the target return and ProShares' returns over periods other than one day will likely differ in amount and possibly direction from the target return for the same period. These effects may be more pronounced in funds with larger or inverse multiples and in funds with volatile benchmarks. Investors should monitor their holdings as frequently as daily. Investors should consult the prospectus for further details on the calculation of the returns and the risks associated with investing in this product.

I think what they are saying is, if you enter a 2x fund, and the market tanks, you are going to be hating life.

I think what they are saying is, if you enter a 2x fund, and the market tanks, you are going to be hating life.
This is a fascinating ETF. If you are in a growing market, you will make out like a thief. If you are in a bear or stagnant market, this would be rough. Over the past 10 years, SSO has netted 1300% returns. Wow!

Buy this MF'er the next time the market really takes a dump.

Reactions: RU-05
I own Nikola, it has legit long term potential. Not into ETF's.

Though I did just hear about a 2x S&P500 etf(sso maybe), now that sounded interesting. It will do great when the market is up, but awful when the market is down, but as we all know, over time the market always moves upward.

I do keep a watchful eye over all my holdings. And I like the utility of the non BTC crypto. Outside of institutional adoption, I really don't see the case for BTC. Then factor in that other crypto is outperforming it?

As I've gone heavier in crypto, I've tried to counter balance it with safer plays like SPY.

There's plenty of use case for BTC. For starters, look at what's happening in El Salvador. It's being used as a currency and by large corporations, who are now avoiding CC transaction fees. This right here is probably the most under responded to crypto news this year.

Ignore the fact that this opens up BTC to the x hundred mill Twitter users. The program being used through Strike, allows for instantaneous/ transaction fee-less payment in the currency of your choice, made possible over the Bitcoin lightning network. Similar to what is going on in El Salvador, you have the option for zero cost digital transactions. Think about what that means for the digital economy, retail, hospitality, etc. CC fees are destroying restaurant profits. Having the ability to keep those fees is a MAJOR game changer.

China makes me laugh. This meme I saw was brilliant
FADaSCqVEAEh-tV

As I've gone heavier in crypto, I've tried to counter balance it with safer plays like SPY.

There's plenty of use case for BTC. For starters, look at what's happening in El Salvador. It's being used as a currency and by large corporations, who are now avoiding CC transaction fees. This right here is probably the most under responded to crypto news this year.

Ignore the fact that this opens up BTC to the x hundred mill Twitter users. The program being used through Strike, allows for instantaneous/ transaction fee-less payment in the currency of your choice, made possible over the Bitcoin lightning network. Similar to what is going on in El Salvador, you have the option for zero cost digital transactions. Think about what that means for the digital economy, retail, hospitality, etc. CC fees are destroying restaurant profits. Having the ability to keep those fees is a MAJOR game changer.

FADaSCqVEAEh-tV
China has banned BTC at least 6 times already. LOL!

FADaSCqVEAEh-tV
Explain this further…I get the whole aspect of companies saving in CC transaction fees but how will that apply to BTC as an example. It is still being used as a currency to exchange for goods in your case. The CC to me is about buy now pay later in most cases. Seems to me that Bitcoin replaces the debit card which doesn’t have fees and helps for those people that do not have nor need a banking institution. Now going down that rabbit hole a HUGE portion of the billions of people on our planet do not even have a bank. Now that is a target market for this.
Again just missing the fees aspect

Explain this further…I get the whole aspect of companies saving in CC transaction fees but how will that apply to BTC as an example. It is still being used as a currency to exchange for goods in your case. The CC to me is about buy now pay later in most cases. Seems to me that Bitcoin replaces the debit card which doesn’t have fees and helps for those people that do not have nor need a banking institution. Now going down that rabbit hole a HUGE portion of the billions of people on our planet do not even have a bank. Now that is a target market for this.

The billions of people who don't have access to a bank are mostly also those who do not own a smart phone or a computer.

Quick reply here. Think of btc serving a visa or Mastercard. The transactions are being performed over the btc lighting network with near zero fees.

In this instance, btc is serving as a digital payment network, where no one has to bear the brunt of transaction fees or exchange fees.

Given the volatility of BTC, making transactions with it has it's own issues. It's up 400% or whatever in a year, do I want to spend some of that to buy food? It would be like someone buying stuff with their TSLA stock.

Conversely given it is down 30ish% from it's highs would I want to accept it as payment? What if I sell a $30K car and receive 30K in BTC and then it drops 20% the next day, that's beat.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUAldo
. Think about what that means for the digital economy, retail, hospitality, etc. CC fees are destroying restaurant profits. Having the ability to keep those fees is a MAJOR game changer.

China makes me laugh. This meme I saw was bril
FADaSCqVEAEh-tV
You do have to consider that retails, restaurants and the like accept CC's because that is what the consumer wants to use. So if the consumer, who doesn't pay a fee, and actually get's points or miles or whatever, wants to use the CC, the retail establishment will accept it as payment.

The fee's are also like 1-2% depending on the transaction total, so while it's not insignificant, it's not destroying profits either, store's build that into their price model's.

So I think the news is interesting, I don't see it having much of an effect in the near term, long term maybe, but there would need to be more things to happen, like the volatility in crypto to moderate substantially, for this to really take hold.

Last edited:
You do have to consider that retails, restaurants and the like accept CC's because that is what the consumer wants to use. So if the consumer, who doesn't pay a fee, and actually get's points or miles or whatever, wants to use the CC, the retail establishment will accept it as payment.

The fee's are also like 1-2% depending on the transaction total, so while it's not insignificant, it's not destroying profits either, store's build that into their price model's.

So I think the news is interesting, I don't see it having much of an effect in the near term, long term maybe, but there would need to be more things to happen, like the volatility in crypto to moderate substantially, for this to really take hold.
Some countries have currencies that are even more volatile (and some are not even really functional due to the state of the government and economy). BTC is a huge improvement in these situations.

FYI - I saw a interesting item regarding China and their frequent crypto banning. The first time China banned BTC in 2013 it dropped 50%. When it banned it again in 2017 it dropped 25%. This time, it only dropped 5%. I guess China is losing its mojo! :)

Some countries have currencies that are even more volatile (and some are not even really functional due to the state of the government and economy). BTC is a huge improvement in these situations.
I doubt those currencies are more volatile, they might be near worthless, or in a long consistent downward trend, but do they go up and down 10% in a day fairly regularly? Sounds unlikely.

Consumers are paying fees. Take a look at the amount of restaurants who have begun surcharging for CC use or as they call it, offering a "cash discount" The decrease in cash usage in the last decade has greatly eaten into profits of retail and restaurants; small and large.

Small businesses feel the brunt of this in a big way. That $4 coffee you swiped for has a transaction fee, plus a percentage. Buy something from a store and then return it? Fees. Go to dinner with 3 other couples and split a bill 4 ways? That's 4 fees plus percentages. Let's say you booked through Open Table, there's more fees. Small biz is getting fee'd to death and its unsustainable.

Provide them the opportunity to transact with people fee-less, and they will begin to take advantage. Gradually, then suddenly; the change will occur.

Let's say you're a franchise like Starbucks or McDonalds. Multiply those fees across tens of thousands of stores and the problem becomes more pronounced.

And the Flexa network aka AMP has built in a protocol to eliminate the volatility in transactional use.

Between Flexa, which is currently being used by Sheetz, Whole foods, Nordstroms and more & Strike, which allows for transaction fee less transactions on the lightning network, the change is happening.

Gradually, then suddenly. It's going to hit society like a ton a bricks.

Consumers are paying fees. Take a look at the amount of restaurants who have begun surcharging for CC use or as they call it, offering a "cash discount" The decrease in cash usage in the last decade has greatly eaten into profits of retail and restaurants; small and large.

Small businesses feel the brunt of this in a big way. That $4 coffee you swiped for has a transaction fee, plus a percentage. Buy something from a store and then return it? Fees. Go to dinner with 3 other couples and split a bill 4 ways? That's 4 fees plus percentages. Let's say you booked through Open Table, there's more fees. Small biz is getting fee'd to death and its unsustainable.

Provide them the opportunity to transact with people fee-less, and they will begin to take advantage. Gradually, then suddenly; the change will occur.

Let's say you're a franchise like Starbucks or McDonalds. Multiply those fees across tens of thousands of stores and the problem becomes more pronounced.

And the Flexa network aka AMP has built in a protocol to eliminate the volatility in transactional use.

Between Flexa, which is currently being used by Sheetz, Whole foods, Nordstroms and more & Strike, which allows for transaction fee less transactions on the lightning network, the change is happening.

Gradually, then suddenly. It's going to hit society like a ton a bricks.

I think there is a conundrum here. If you are into crypto, you probably think there is big upside in terms of crypto pricing, thus using crypto to buy food? Are crypto bulls doing that? And if you're not into crypto? Well, obviously those people are not using crypto to buy stuff.

Do we have any actual #'s on Flexa usage?

I know I use my CC all the time, very rarely do I see places that offer cash discounts. I do get points though which are great.

I think there is a conundrum here. If you are into crypto, you probably think there is big upside in terms of crypto pricing, thus using crypto to buy food? Are crypto bulls doing that? And if you're not into crypto? Well, obviously those people are not using crypto to buy stuff.

Do we have any actual #'s on Flexa usage?

I know I use my CC all the time, very rarely do I see places that offer cash discounts. I do get points though which are great.

No, every crypto bull is buying and holding. Maybe I could have been a little clearer on the network vs the coin. Ill use BTC lightning network and Strike as an example. You can send money, for free, anywhere in the world in real time. Let's say I want to send my friend in Tokyo $$. I can send $100 USD that gets sent over the BTC lightning network. That $100 gets converted in real time to BTC, sent to the user and converted to whatever the native (or preferred) currency of the receiving person is. The average Joe wont even know BTC is involved.

That is the beauty of this. This is game changing technology, on par with YouTube and the iPhone.

It takes legacy banking and turns it on its head in seconds.

And this technology is now rolled into Twitter as a tipping feature. Jack Dorsey just took one of the largest social media networks and essentially turned it into Venmo. This shit is going to change the world. I've never been more bullish on BTC.

No, every crypto bull is buying and holding. Maybe I could have been a little clearer on the network vs the coin. Ill use BTC lightning network and Strike as an example. You can send money, for free, anywhere in the world in real time. Let's say I want to send my friend in Tokyo $$. I can send $100 USD that gets sent over the BTC lightning network. That $100 gets converted in real time to BTC, sent to the user and converted to whatever the native (or preferred) currency of the receiving person is. The average Joe wont even know BTC is involved.

That is the beauty of this. This is game changing technology, on par with YouTube and the iPhone.

It takes legacy banking and turns it on its head in seconds.

And this technology is now rolled into Twitter as a tipping feature. Jack Dorsey just took one of the largest social media networks and essentially turned it into Venmo. This shit is going to change the world. I've never been more bullish on BTC.
So does this also work at the retail level? If I buy something from wholefoods, I just use my USD and the technology turns it to BTC and back to USD for wholefoods?

Whose BTC is that in the intermediary?

So does this also work at the retail level? If I buy something from wholefoods, I just use my USD and the technology turns it to BTC and back to USD for wholefoods?

Whose BTC is that in the intermediary?

Yes this works at the retail level and is being utilized heavily in el Salvador. You will begin to see more and more savvy retailers begin to accept payment this way very soon. As I was saying a few posts ago, giving retailers the opportunity to save thousands in CC fees a month is going to tilt the scale. Gradually, then suddenly.

The BTC is purchased and converted to the currency in real time.

Depends at WFM. I've yet to read more about what theyre fully integrating. I know they used AMP via flexa in some capacity, just not sure the extent.

Yes this works at the retail level and is being utilized heavily in el Salvador. You will begin to see more and more savvy retailers begin to accept payment this way very soon. As I was saying a few posts ago, giving retailers the opportunity to save thousands in CC fees a month is going to tilt the scale. Gradually, then suddenly.

The BTC is purchased and converted to the currency in real time.

Depends at WFM. I've yet to read more about what theyre fully integrating. I know they used AMP via flexa in some capacity, just not sure the extent.
So it doesn't require the purchaser to ever own crypto? They merely need to own the app which takes money from their account and marries it with the retailer?

I can certainly see the case for the retailers wanting it, but there will need to be incentives to have consumers not use their cc's.

No need to ever own crypto. It just uses the BTC lightning network to process.

What incentive do people have to use Venmo as a payment tool? What incentive do people have to use Apple or Google pay? It's the same.

The BTC lightning network is an open network, that will allow for people to access it via multiple access points once they're implemented and widely adopted.

This reminds me of cell phone adoption in the mid to late 90's. They were not universally accepted here in the US for a while. Think of all the naysayers in 98 or 99. People were mocked for using them in public. People vowed to never get one. My house phone works fine... and so on.... Meanwhile the rest of the world, who did not have an AT&T built telephone infrastructure, began rapid adoption. The US lagged behind, but eventually caught up.

Now let's say you're of decent of a poor country somewhere, and you want to send $$ back home. You Western Union it back, get hit with a ton of remittance fees, then your family who lives an hour from the nearest WU has to get there, accept the payment and hope they dont get robbed doing so. This is eliminated.

That's an aggressive example, BUT it's a real world example that happens all the time. BTC fixes that.

So it doesn't require the purchaser to ever own crypto? They merely need to own the app which takes money from their account and marries it with the retailer?

I can certainly see the case for the retailers wanting it, but there will need to be incentives to have consumers not use their cc's.
No need to ever own crypto. It just uses the BTC lightning network to process.

What incentive do people have to use Venmo as a payment tool? What incentive do people have to use Apple or Google pay? It's the same.

The BTC lightning network is an open network, that will allow for people to access it via multiple access points once they're implemented and widely adopted.

This reminds me of cell phone adoption in the mid to late 90's. They were not universally accepted here in the US for a while. Think of all the naysayers in 98 or 99. People were mocked for using them in public. People vowed to never get one. My house phone works fine... and so on.... Meanwhile the rest of the world, who did not have an AT&T built telephone infrastructure, began rapid adoption. The US lagged behind, but eventually caught up.

Now let's say you're of decent of a poor country somewhere, and you want to send $$ back home. You Western Union it back, get hit with a ton of remittance fees, then your family who lives an hour from the nearest WU has to get there, accept the payment and hope they dont get robbed doing so. This is eliminated.

That's an aggressive example, BUT it's a real world example that happens all the time. BTC fixes that.
I know what you are trying to say in general here. I get the whole network aspect and the differentiation from convention methods where their infratsturctre hinges in banks for the peer to peer payment transfers.
While the current Venmo’s of the world don’t charge fees(they make their money on deposits and o/n lending rates) I still don’t understand how you think BTC would replace credit cards. In this example they become the infrastructure.
For CC, the use is to charge now pay later as the use case for a fee charged to the retailer.

I know what you are trying to say in general here. I get the whole network aspect and the differentiation from convention methods where their infratsturctre hinges in banks for the peer to peer payment transfers.
While the current Venmo’s of the world don’t charge fees(they make their money on deposits and o/n lending rates) I still don’t understand how you think BTC would replace credit cards. In this example they become the infrastructure.
For CC, the use is to charge now pay later as the use case for a fee charged to the retailer.

I never said it was going to replace CC. Adoption is going to grow, similar to Venmo, Cash App, Apple pay, etc. I also think that CC-type options are going ot be built on the lightning rails. I could also easily see Visa (as they're the most pro-active on crypto) opening part of their network to tie into lightning.

As a thousand foot view of crypto, at first a lot of this is going to be complicated for they layman, then simplified. I vividly recall how difficult it was in the mid 90s trying to play Doom II with a friend. I had to go into MS Dos and run a command line prompt to dial my boy fat Tony's house and hope it worked. It often did not. Again another odd example, but real. Are people going to want to input hexadecimal wallet address to pay someone... no. It's all getting simplified for mass adoption. As I tell people, get on the train. It's a lot easier ot get on a train rolling out of the station then it is to try to jump on a moving train

Axie Infinity has continued it's hot steak, hitting $150 today. I probably should have held more than I did, but oh well.

I've been tracking other play to earn NFT games. The only one that really seems intriguing right now is Star Atlas. I grabbed a healthy position. Curious to see how that game develops.

Axie Infinity has continued it's hot steak, hitting $150 today. I probably should have held more than I did, but oh well.

I've been tracking other play to earn NFT games. The only one that really seems intriguing right now is Star Atlas. I grabbed a healthy position. Curious to see how that game develops.
Not sure if I mentioned this, but I dumped all of my GBTC a few weeks ago and have been recreating my BTC position via Coinbase. All of my ETH is still via ETHE. This trust matches the asset really well and since I'm up 100%+, I don't want to sell and take the massive tax hit.

What are your thoughts on the upcoming exchange Bullish? Got a lot of institutional money behind it. Unfortunately, it's going public via a SPAC.

Not sure if I mentioned this, but I dumped all of my GBTC a few weeks ago and have been recreating my BTC position via Coinbase. All of my ETH is still via ETHE. This trust matches the asset really well and since I'm up 100%+, I don't want to sell and take the massive tax hit.

What are your thoughts on the upcoming exchange Bullish? Got a lot of institutional money behind it. Unfortunately, it's going public via a SPAC.
Honestly, Ive done zero research on it. Any answer I give oyu would be just speculation.

But more importantly, congrats on getting off GBTC. Owning your coins is huge! Make sure you have good 2FA enabled on Coinbase.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT