ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bitcoin, Altcoins, NFT's & All Things Crypto

SHIBA INU to the moon! Look at this POS go. Thanks ELON.
Dang, I was thinking of throwing a couple bucks down too when it was .000008 cents. I think I have the correct amount of zero's there.

Reactions: RU-05
Not sure if I mentioned this, but I dumped all of my GBTC a few weeks ago and have been recreating my BTC position via Coinbase. All of my ETH is still via ETHE. This trust matches the asset really well and since I'm up 100%+, I don't want to sell and take the massive tax hit.

What are your thoughts on the upcoming exchange Bullish? Got a lot of institutional money behind it. Unfortunately, it's going public via a SPAC.
Since Robinhood is going to allow users to keep their own crypto, what is the advantage of coinbase. Keep in mind, Robinhood is free

Since Robinhood is going to allow users to keep their own crypto, what is the advantage of coinbase. Keep in mind, Robinhood is free
I have a Coin account and all my crypto coins are held there, and I am not a big fan. The amount of info is miniscule, the fee's suck, and my phone app hasn't updated my account movements since August.

I've never been on Robinhood, do they have no fee crypto trading?

No fee options is definitely an advantage over E-trade where all my stock holdings are(I do like E-trade otherwise).

I have a Coin account and all my crypto coins are held there, and I am not a big fan. The amount of info is miniscule, the fee's suck, and my phone app hasn't updated my account movements since August.

I've never been on Robinhood, do they have no fee crypto trading?

No fee options is definitely an advantage over E-trade where all my stock holdings are(I do like E-trade otherwise).
Robinhood is no fee trading including crypto. They used to not allow movements of coins of their platforms, but will be allowing it phasing it from this year. Distinct advantage over coinbase. I am sure coinbase still ahs some advantages, but not enough for me.

Reactions: RU-05
BTC ran right past the level it reached last month right before the El Salvador sell off.

Up over $54K as I type this.

Robinhood is no fee trading including crypto. They used to not allow movements of coins of their platforms, but will be allowing it phasing it from this year. Distinct advantage over coinbase. I am sure coinbase still ahs some advantages, but not enough for me.
I might have to open one up over there. Wonder if they offer a greater variety of crypto then Coin does.

I was looking to get into Elastos, but it's not available on Coin, and my attempt to buy it through KuCoin was unsuccessful(wish I never even attempted as my info is now in their database.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Interesting article, worth noting since new technology has often been ridiculed before widespread acceptance. The naysayers ALWAYS disappear after widespread acceptance.

Interesting article, worth noting since new technology has often been ridiculed before widespread acceptance. The naysayers ALWAYS disappear after widespread acceptance.

I stick by my original assertation that the internet is a fad.

But I don't think Robinhood has a lot of coins available as of now. No Cardano or Solana, etc.

But seriously, good to see some actual crypto statistics.

Now, much of that article is projections, and a statement like this
  • The number of users with access to Lightning payments increased by 11,164% to 9.7 million users in September, compared to 87,000 in August.
I mean, you know.

Still it's something, and El Salvador is absolutely worth watching.

But I don't think Robinhood has a lot of coins available as of now. No Cardano or Solana, etc.
No Cardano? Isn't that like one the big one's?

I wonder what keeps these platforms from offering certain coins? What's the mechanism?

Just saying…

Just sayin...

Dont kid yourself. If you perform a market buy on RH, they're always higher than anywhere else online. They're making $$ off transactions.

Dont kid yourself. If you perform a market buy on RH, they're always higher than anywhere else online. They're making $$ off transactions.
I agree. I look at the bid/ask spread at other websites particularly Fidelity and then place only a limit order on Robinhood. Never a market order. My limit orders have gone through on RobinHood at my price. The payment for order flow is a scam, but mostly for thinly traded stocks/options. I have only been using Robinhood for the past 1 month since they started to allow customers to take their coins with them. I only do small money trades.

Are you new to the concept of gov't subsidies?
No, but I am surprised that the ES gov’t is touting adoption but then resorts to a subsidy when the country is broke and begging the IMF for a billion dollar loan. You couldn’t make this stuff up if you tried.

CNBC noted this morning that amongst the top 50 searches, I think on their site, BTC Algorand and Solana were the crypto representatives.

No ETH. Which I don't see as a bad sign for ETH, but a good sign for Algo and Solano.

I have a small position in Solana which I set up after it's big run, but it's still at a pretty high level relative to it's historical average. I know all crypto is up a ton yoy, but Solano is up a ton over the last 6 months, while much of crypto, like BTC and ETH are below their all time highs. So while I wanted to set up a position I didn't go big because I think I missed that initial run.

I did not have a position in Algo, and it's somewhere in the middle of Solana and BTC in that it's above the highs set late winter-early spring, but not in the atmosphere like Solana is. So I set up a position there. If Shiba get's hot, I'll pull profits from that and put it towards Algo. Might pull some from some of my other alt coins and put it towards Algo as well.

CNBC noted this morning that amongst the top 50 searches, I think on their site, BTC Algorand and Solana were the crypto representatives.

No ETH. Which I don't see as a bad sign for ETH, but a good sign for Algo and Solano.

I have a small position in Solana which I set up after it's big run, but it's still at a pretty high level relative to it's historical average. I know all crypto is up a ton yoy, but Solano is up a ton over the last 6 months, while much of crypto, like BTC and ETH are below their all time highs. So while I wanted to set up a position I didn't go big because I think I missed that initial run.

I did not have a position in Algo, and it's somewhere in the middle of Solana and BTC in that it's above the highs set late winter-early spring, but not in the atmosphere like Solana is. So I set up a position there. If Shiba get's hot, I'll pull profits from that and put it towards Algo. Might pull some from some of my other alt coins and put it towards Algo as well.

I wouldnt put faith in anything CNBC reports about crypto stats or usage. They still show the Litecoin ticker for some questionable reason.

I missed Solana and am pissed about it. There's still room to grow, but all of the ETH alternative tokens are all vying for a slice of that smart contract pie. There's still room to run on a lot of them, i just have reservations on Solana at its current price.

I've been slowly freeing up time and putting more research into Alts. I crushed on several of my summer 2020 alts; Axie Infinity, AAVE, AMP & Decred. Some I went sideways on, but continue to add to - Elastos. One was a loser - WOZX, and one I cost myself a six figure payday if I held... fn DOGE.

I had essentially ran out of free time to invest in research here, but I just started digging back in. Now that im digging in again. two quick ones I see are ATLAS and 2CRZ. One is a play to earn game, ala Axie, and the other is an NFT platform. Both are avail for pennies. ATLAS looks like a halfway decent game. I dont love the tokenomics of it, but there's room for massive growth if it sees any sort of usage. The slightest uptick, and this should pop from 10 cents to 30 cents. Those two are probably 6 - 12 month plays.

While its fun to mess w alts and chase profits, the rug pull is always a serious concern. If I can double my return and put profits into my long term coinsl BTC, ELA & DCR, I'm a happy man

I wouldnt put faith in anything CNBC reports about crypto stats or usage. They still show the Litecoin ticker for some questionable reason.

I missed Solana and am pissed about it. There's still room to grow, but all of the ETH alternative tokens are all vying for a slice of that smart contract pie. There's still room to run on a lot of them, i just have reservations on Solana at its current price.

I've been slowly freeing up time and putting more research into Alts. I crushed on several of my summer 2020 alts; Axie Infinity, AAVE, AMP & Decred. Some I went sideways on, but continue to add to - Elastos. One was a loser - WOZX, and one I cost myself a six figure payday if I held... fn DOGE.

I had essentially ran out of free time to invest in research here, but I just started digging back in. Now that im digging in again. two quick ones I see are ATLAS and 2CRZ. One is a play to earn game, ala Axie, and the other is an NFT platform. Both are avail for pennies. ATLAS looks like a halfway decent game. I dont love the tokenomics of it, but there's room for massive growth if it sees any sort of usage. The slightest uptick, and this should pop from 10 cents to 30 cents. Those two are probably 6 - 12 month plays.

While its fun to mess w alts and chase profits, the rug pull is always a serious concern. If I can double my return and put profits into my long term coinsl BTC, ELA & DCR, I'm a happy man

Are you referring to Star Atlas (tqrading at .10)? never heard of it and wanted to read up on it. Just wanted to make sure I was looking at the correct ALT

Are you referring to Star Atlas (tqrading at .10)? never heard of it and wanted to read up on it. Just wanted to make sure I was looking at the correct ALT
Yes. Not the easiest to get right now. Ive only seen it on gate . io

Great for the future of BTC:

Was talking to an older co-worker yesterday who said her 24 year old son is borrowing money left and right to buy BTC/crypto including buying on margin. She was fairly clueless and asked me whether that was a good idea. I laughed and told her either he’s gonna be a millionaire or she better get her basement ready for him to move back in for a while.

Was talking to an older co-worker yesterday who said her 24 year old son is borrowing money left and right to buy BTC/crypto including buying on margin. She was fairly clueless and asked me whether that was a good idea. I laughed and told her either he’s gonna be a millionaire or she better get her basement ready for him to move back in for a while.

Cunliffe sounds very bullish on crypto.

Kudos to the kid. I dont have the stomach for moves like that, but I commend his conviction.

BTC is primed for takeoff. I've been thinking it would be at or around 100k EOY or in the weeks leading up to it. I honestly now think that # is around 125k per BTC. Everything onchain right now signals a record high in the coming weeks or month. The move up in the last few weeks has not been driven up by speculators. Once the run happens, FOMO investors and institutional news are going to sustain and fuel that run.

Buckle up, the next 6 mos are going to be exciting.

Kudos to the kid. I dont have the stomach for moves like that, but I commend his conviction.

BTC is primed for takeoff. I've been thinking it would be at or around 100k EOY or in the weeks leading up to it. I honestly now think that # is around 125k per BTC. Everything onchain right now signals a record high in the coming weeks or month. The move up in the last few weeks has not been driven up by speculators. Once the run happens, FOMO investors and institutional news are going to sustain and fuel that run.

Buckle up, the next 6 mos are going to be exciting.
Let's do this! :)

One of the interesting things about this upcoming run is to see how alts react. I have a strong suspicion that we will see alts decouple from BTC price action. I think the massive swing up will inspire tremendous fomo in btc. Ive been ditching a lot of my random lotto ticket alts lately and moving that $ into BTC

What do you think of ETH of BTC goes on a run? What estimates you see for that at EOY?

What do you think of ETH of BTC goes on a run? What estimates you see for that at EOY?
I think ETH runs along with it. ETH is closing in on its ATH as well. Different value props, but complimentary for crypto bulls.

I tried Crypto years ago and bailed and I’m slowly getting back in. I bought a little of the Ethereum, BTC is a little too costly for me at the moment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT