ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bryce Mostella -PSU tweets on depression

Not the first time I have heard something like this happen.

He went to a school that harbored a pedophile for decades...that should've been enough to know the people at the university are scum.

Mental health issues have long been known to be an issue in college kids. I went to a very academically-focused college for undergrad (I did not attend RU)- I knew two kids there that died under suspicious circumstances (presumably suicide and/or overdose- I never knew the specifics). Add in the pressures of being a football or basketball player for a top program, plus many of these kids come from tough situations and/or are the first in their family to go to college and/or can't afford to attend college otherwise and it all becomes a terrible combination. Hopefully this kid gets the help he needs, and the opportunity to affordably complete a degree somewhere, whether or not football is involved. And I certainly hope that RU doesn't do the same thing to any scholarship athlete!

Reactions: RUtix4me
Kid was already a little flaky before he got to PSU.
Life stresses can tip some predisposed kids off the beam
If it wasn't college, football etc it would be something else.
Kid says he's not blaming anybody then he blames a lot of people
Every recruiting site said he was 6'7" and skinny - would need to bulk-up
I don't know what coaches did but when a kid talks about stability issues it triggers reporting laws etc
He ended-up with cops at his place after tweets

The most bizarre high school football commitment video yet​

"Leave it up to Penn State to gain a verbal pledge during one of the most bizarre commitment videos we’ve seen.

Three-star DE Bryce Mostella pulled the trigger for the Nittany Lions over the weekend. His commitment to Penn State wasn’t that big of a surprise; however, some are still scratching their heads over his interesting (and homemade) commitment video.

Now, we’ve seen some rather interesting (and odd) commitment videos over the last couple of years, but this one takes the cake. Mostella starts out by acting out multiple roles and finally gets around to announcing his commitment by smearing blue and white paint over his face and body.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/watch-the-most-bizarre-commitment-video-yet/

AQhY8u8.gif

I'm so sorry for him. I've had my own battles with mental health, so I understand how important it is to get the help we need. It's tough when the support from staff and school isn't up to par. In my experience, having a strong support system made a big difference; It's crucial for institutions to prioritize mental well-being and offer the necessary resources. Also, therapy helped me; moreover, I discovered that I struggled because of being neurodivergent. So, I'm happy that I know my problem and can deal with it now!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT