ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Car Decals

Dec 15, 2015
I have the one below on my car right now. I ripped off the Rutgers University portion since it was like a fifth of the size of the that "Alumni" font size and barely legible

Does anyone know if the school of engineering has its own car decal? If so where can I buy one? Or where can I just buy the words Rutgers University from?

Engineering school car decals are like those "my child is a honor student" decals, designed to make other drivers feel bad about themselves or their kids. :joy:

I have the one below on my car right now. I ripped off the Rutgers University portion since it was like a fifth of the size of the that "Alumni" font size and barely legible

Does anyone know if the school of engineering has its own car decal? If so where can I buy one? Or where can I just buy the words Rutgers University from?

The rutgers stores on campus no longer have school decals. At least they didnt the last time I checked.

Youll have to check online.

Yeah, if I were a teen trying to figure out which neighborhood car to egg, "engineering school" alumni would be "bullseye".

Scarlet Fever has just RUTGERS

Reactions: DanceAppreciationTA
Engineering school car decals are like those "my child is a honor student" decals, designed to make other drivers feel bad about themselves or their kids. :joy:

They're actually pretty popular down here in Houston, but either one works for me, i just need something bigger than the one from before

Thanks! Found the perfect one! 8.99 shipping though :(

$8.99 is a flat shipping rate. To ship a 1lb box from New Brunswick to East Brunswick cost is about $10.50 using FedEx or UPS A box or envelope is another $.40-.55. However, in cases like these, when someone orders a magnet/decal, we refund most of the shipping....and just put in a manila envelope like OTB says. However, the shipping envelopes that are larger enough for the sticker cost $1.69 from Staples....plus the $2 or so for oversized shipping envelope. Just the reality of what stuff costs. Then, someone has to drive to post office....wait it line.....an attorney would charge about $100 for the time spent in the post office line. Bottom line, you get half the shipping refunded.

$8.99 is a flat shipping rate. To ship a 1lb box from New Brunswick to East Brunswick cost is about $10.50 using FedEx or UPS A box or envelope is another $.40-.55. However, in cases like these, when someone orders a magnet/decal, we refund most of the shipping....and just put in a manila envelope like OTB says. However, the shipping envelopes that are larger enough for the sticker cost $1.69 from Staples....plus the $2 or so for oversized shipping envelope. Just the reality of what stuff costs. Then, someone has to drive to post office....wait it line.....an attorney would charge about $100 for the time spent in the post office line. Bottom line, you get half the shipping refunded.

Haha no need to explain, I already ordered from you guys :)

No problem-lots of misinformation on shipping costs for most folks. We will ship Smartpost for smaller orders. That's when FedEx hands off to USPO. Takes longer and not as "trackable"...but cheaper. Just another example-guy ordered a hat and asked if he'd receive it by 6/3. Coming off a holiday weekend, we ship out on Tuesday, so we sucked it up and sent regular FedEx so he's get it. It was just an $18 hat, but to Indiana the shipping cost for us was $15. We lost $6 in shipping on a $18 hat. Can't stay in business that way

Are you in Hamilton??? If so, you want a different decal to better match the one you have

An "Alumni" decal with no school mention, reminded me of this:

61xcKRNgpkL._UL1500_.jpg

No problem-lots of misinformation on shipping costs for most folks. We will ship Smartpost for smaller orders. That's when FedEx hands off to USPO. Takes longer and not as "trackable"...but cheaper. Just another example-guy ordered a hat and asked if he'd receive it by 6/3. Coming off a holiday weekend, we ship out on Tuesday, so we sucked it up and sent regular FedEx so he's get it. It was just an $18 hat, but to Indiana the shipping cost for us was $15. We lost $6 in shipping on a $18 hat. Can't stay in business that way

Are you in Hamilton??? If so, you want a different decal to better match the one you have

I live in Houston...I bought this one : http://rutgersfever.com/store/vinyl-rutgers-decal-rutgers-university-alumni?search=decal&page=2 It looks like it'll fit right above the alumni words...appreciate the help!

For a decal? That's insane. Can't they just put it in an manila envelope and mail it first class for about $1.
That must be the "processing" fee. It is insane. Sometimes when you watch those commercials where they will send you an extra one of the product for free if you just pay a separate shipping and processing fee do you think the processing fee costs more than the product itself?

I make custom decals and have worked with a few members of this board. Let me know if you haven't found anything

I make custom decals and have worked with a few members of this board. Let me know if you haven't found anything

Shucks, I ordered the decal yesterday from Scarlet Fever...appreciate the offer

That being said, maybe you should post a thread here with some of the RU custom decals you've done, I'd love to see them for maybe a future decal

If you look closely at the picture to the left you can barely see the decal on the back window that reads 'Onthe Banks' in script.
It was made up at my son's sign shop a number of years ago.

Thanks Scarlet Fever! Love how it looks, definitely going to stand out in the mass of Aggie and UT decals!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT