ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Caribbean with young kids - suggestions?

We're looking to do a week somewhere in the Caribbean with a 2.5 yr old and 8 month old. My parents would be coming along to help too. For the sake of convenience, an all-inclusive resort would be ideal, so we don't have to mobilize the kids etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations of resorts that would fit the bill? (Targeting Caribbean because it's an easy flight from EWR.) Bonus if there are suites/villas available for larger parties.

Budget is fairly flexible, but not trying to break the bank for a vacation the kids won't remember. Just want a stress-free week in sun.

Thanks!

We're looking to do a week somewhere in the Caribbean with a 2.5 yr old and 8 month old. My parents would be coming along to help too. For the sake of convenience, an all-inclusive resort would be ideal, so we don't have to mobilize the kids etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations of resorts that would fit the bill? (Targeting Caribbean because it's an easy flight from EWR.) Bonus if there are suites/villas available for larger parties.

Budget is fairly flexible, but not trying to break the bank for a vacation the kids won't remember. Just want a stress-free week in sun.

Thanks!
Happy Hour Drinking GIF by HBO

Thanks!

OT: Caribbean with young kids - suggestions?

Of the eight Caribbean Islands that we vacationed in, the best with young children was the Buccaneer in St. Croix. No facility availability problems, plenty of restaurants in town, great beach, good breakfast buffet.

Actually talked to my wife about it in January before we decided on Jupiter FLA for a quick, but more expensive vacation. (no young kids now)

I just looked at the Atlantis and wow- their prices have gone through the roof...

Expedited Passport thread reminded me.

Looking to take the kids to the Caribbean during Spring Break (April 2023).
7 year old son
Daughter will turn 6 during the vacation

Any family friendly island or resort suggestions?
Wife and I have gone to Antigua a couple times just us.
Would prefer a different island though.

Not looking to take 5 mile hikes or all day adventures
Perhaps a couple fun excursions but nothing intense (snorkeling for example)
Would be spending majority of time at resort/beach/pool.
antigua the verandha

Our go-to island is St. John. 2/3 of the island is preserved national parkland. The beaches are literally perfect on the northern shore. Lots of fun secluded places to explore. One main resort is the Westin. Otherwise, there are a bunch of smaller places. Lots of hiking and snorkeling. You can also take a boat (private or public) to the BVIs (Tortola and Jost Van Dyke).
Has Caneel Bay ever re-opened? We went there many years ago and it was special.

Has Caneel Bay ever re-opened? We went there many years ago and it was special.
Nope. But the lease is finally ending this fall with the old resort management company (the douches that under-insured the property and were unable to rebuild) and the National Park Service is taking control. I believe a new resort will be built on a portion of the property.

Update:

Thanks!
Aruba, stay at the Marriott Vacation Club property called Surf Club. Rent a 2 bedroom unit. Hit the supermarket for breakfast, lunch and snacks. Great restaurants casual and within walking distance. You can rent a week on a site called Redweek. Easy direct flight.

Reactions: bostonknight11
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT