ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Colonoscopy

yes, reschedule. The stuff you take isn't as bad as it was 5 or 10 years ago. It's not a big deal but you have to be cleared out to get proper results.

You have no choice. I have had 3 . 40 minutes passes like a 40 seconds.Actually woke up at the end of my first one and saw things I never want to see again

You are actually prepared for a RotoRooter man which isn't your doctor. If you ate anything red, it really gets interesting.
Trust me on this. You don't want somebody poking a tube up your arse who is really unhappy with you.

getting one tomorrow but I haven't fasted and haven't drinken the stuff that makes you empty yourself out. Nobody told me i was supposed to. Should I reschedule ??
Absolutely well technically you have until 12 but you will be in that bathroom non stop. If you gonna do it do it now

The Prep is by far the worst part, especially the last quart of the lemony liquid. Spending a lot of time on the toilet is not as bad as the actual drinking of the prep, which is now augmented by pills to decrease the amount of the liquid to be consumed. Of course if you get a bad result (positive) that would be the worst part, but the vast majority, even with those with multiple polyps found, come back negative,

And even if 'Positive' the earlier you catch it, the much better the treatments/ outcomes are.

Reactions: NickyNewark51
201407_1312_gdeea.jpg

getting one tomorrow but I haven't fasted and haven't drinken the stuff that makes you empty yourself out. Nobody told me i was supposed to. Should I reschedule ??
Eat a red chill burrito with a glass of prune juice just before you go and everything will come out fine. Even better if you put Louisiana Hot sauce on that burrito each and every bite.

The Prep is by far the worst part, especially the last quart of the lemony liquid. Spending a lot of time on the toilet is not as bad as the actual drinking of the prep, which is now augmented by pills to decrease the amount of the liquid to be consumed. Of course if you get a bad result (positive) that would be the worst part, but the vast majority, even with those with multiple polyps found, come back negative,

And even if 'Positive' the earlier you catch it, the much better the treatments/ outcomes are.
Disagree having diahria for ten straight hours is pretty bad

Call them and reschedule. No point in keeping it now.

Are you certain tomorrow was the appointment for the procedure? My sister worked in an out patient gastrointologist facility and they would schedule you for a consult with the nurse where they go over the prep then schedule the procedure. More then once they had patients who thought it was the real procedure and went online and read about the prep did it for the consult appointment.

ahhhh one of the many benefits of the Rutgers Football board where any of life's major or minor travails of life can be asked about in complete anonymity and get a "knowledgeable cogent well thought out response/solution to what ails you!!

when do we start the toe fungus and jock itch discussion ?

you were most likely given a sheet with prep instructions that you either misplaced or ignored. you cannot have your procedure without fasting and taking the prep (Ducolax, Miralax and Magnesium Citrate)

you need to reschedule because even if you show up you will be sent home as soon as you tell them you didn't prep.

signed,

the Clinical Director/Administrator of an endoscopy center.

This is almost like the story of the guy who was booked for knee surgery ...
few days before at pre-procedure visit he is told a bunch of stuff to do & bring - and is told "nothing to eat or drink after midnight"

Morning of surgery he is in the pre-op area and nurse is going through the check list - -

"nothing to eat or drink after midnight?"

."...... Nope .. nothing, not a thing after midnight ....and that was tough last night ... I couldn't sleep & was up watching TV and I was starving..... finally fell asleep at 2:00 ......

... so when I woke up this morning I was so hungry I ate a huge breakfast."

Called them, it's not the actual colonoscopy, it's the initial appointment. I thought I just go there, they ask me questions, then I take the poop stuff and do what I have to do, and when I'm done they put me to sleep and stick their fingers up my ass to do the deed... but apparently it's just the appointment and they have to do the butt pricking another time

Called them, it's not the actual colonoscopy, it's the initial appointment. I thought I just go there, they ask me questions, then I take the poop stuff and do what I have to do, and when I'm done they put me to sleep and stick their fingers up my ass to do the deed... but apparently it's just the appointment and they have to do the butt pricking another time
You need to educate yourself on colonoscopies - fingers aren't used for this one...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT