ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Colonoscopy

getting one tomorrow but I haven't fasted and haven't drinken the stuff that makes you empty yourself out. Nobody told me i was supposed to. Should I reschedule ??

I have had numerous tests during my 34 yrs of Crohns Disease. Prepping sucks, but ask for the Gatorade prep stuff. You just mix it with a quart or so of Gatorade, and let it do its job. Whatever you do, don't go with magnesium citrate......OMG YUCK!!!!!!! I would suggest picking up some wipes so as to clean yourself up good each time. If you have ever had the Schlitz kegger shits, you are in the ballpark.

Note and TMI- you will know you have cleaned out when nothing construed as "solid" is coming thru you. This means any solid particles....it all has to go. If you switch to soup broth a couple days before test, it makes it that much easier to flush your system. If you don't get your insides clean, you get to come back and do it all over again.

The test itself should be a breeze. You do get an IV, but they give ya some meds that knock ya for a loop, and you will wake up like 10 mins or so after test done.

Trust me, compared to the days of barium x rays, this is a breeze.

Good luck with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT