OT: Disney World

Andy117

Junior
Jan 2, 2013
So I was looking at this. You get more points for a lower cost and a similar dues payment than other resorts

What you don’t get is the ability to make a reservation at 11 months

So unless you are so tied to one specific resort I am sure there would be a vacancy at most of the others at the 7 month mark
Yes, we paid a lot less for Saratoga than other properties, we never book 11 months out. Haven't done it once.

tom1944

All American
Feb 22, 2008
Yes, we paid a lot less for Saratoga than other properties, we never book 11 months out. Haven't done it once.
That is what I have been thinking

I figured depending what park will be the priority on that trip there should be a resort we can book

I also figure the more points I can get I could possibly use some for my wife and I for a long vacation in January/February at SSR since going to the park will not be a priority

A second trip for a week with my daughter and her family at a resort by a specific park

Sep 11, 2006
What did you think about the Riviera? Were you able to use your resale points there?
Just wanted to mention that in a previous thread I mentioned the Skyliner and Beach Club. I meant the "moderate" Caribbean Beach resorts. There is a Skyliner switching station between Caribbean and the All-Star type economy resorts like Art of Aninmation... and then another station on the other side of Caribbean between it and Riviera. I walked thru Caribbean to a restaurant there tonight. Pretty family-friendly. A playground, pools, of course.. decent restaurant serving family-style menu (Sebastians).. which oddly does not include fish.

Sep 11, 2006
The dude is very short sighted. Zero vision which is a bad trait for a CEO, esp a CEO of a global entertainment company.
I find it interesting that Chapek's brainchild nightime show at Epcot is being retired and soon. What a fiasco that was/is. Not that I was a huge fan of the previous show... but, man...

-they build these floats that are too big to navigate in and out of the docking area next to China.
-they replace the various "world music" themes and message they had with, essentially, clips and music of Disney films... selling Disney Disney Disney
-the design of the floats and screens they project these videos have specific viewing angles making much of the world pavilions along the lake BAD viewing locations (HINT: try upstairs in the Japanese Pavilion near the Sushi Bar Tokyo Dining).
-fireworks float catches fire.. smoke from regular fireworks regularly annoys patrons wherever the wind blows.

And that is just one of his things. Chapek is simply not "Disney" enough. He is DI$$$$$$NEY too much.

RUBOB72

Heisman Winner
Aug 5, 2004
I find it interesting that Chapek's brainchild nightime show at Epcot is being retired and soon. What a fiasco that was/is. Not that I was a huge fan of the previous show... but, man...

-they build these floats that are too big to navigate in and out of the docking area next to China.
-they replace the various "world music" themes and message they had with, essentially, clips and music of Disney films... selling Disney Disney Disney
-the design of the floats and screens they project these videos have specific viewing angles making much of the world pavilions along the lake BAD viewing locations (HINT: try upstairs in the Japanese Pavilion near the Sushi Bar Tokyo Dining).
-fireworks float catches fire.. smoke from regular fireworks regularly annoys patrons wherever the wind blows.

And that is just one of his things. Chapek is simply not "Disney" enough. He is DI$$$$$$NEY too much.
Epcot Is only ok in my opinion .I know they are building some other rides/pavilions and if not for some restaurants it’s a looooong journey around the park.

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
Never liked Disney parks - way too crowded, usually, and full of fake Disney crap. Fortunately, our son didn't love it that much either, so we only brought him once when he was about 9. Instead we'd just go down to Vero Beach every year and visit my dad, which we all liked better. Don't like Florida much either - too hot, too flat, too many bugs and no snow - would never go if I didn't have family there.

Andy117

Junior
Jan 2, 2013
What did you think about the Riviera? Were you able to use your resale points there?
My trip was canceled by the hurricane, I was supposed to stay at Riviera and Wilderness Lodge. I've used my points at Boardwalk, Bay Lake, Kidani, Old Key West, Saratoga and Aulani.

Reactions: tom1944

greenknight

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2001
Stayped at the Polynesian think s much better option than the Grand Floridian. The pool at polynesian morr kid friendly & nice than Grand Floridian. To me with kids Floridian was kind of way too formal and stuffy.

TommyGunn

Sophomore
Oct 1, 2001
It’s a reasonably highly rated property I’d say. Personally I like it, but don’t love it. Love the sky liner, but the resort feels a bit too marriottish for me. Not Disney enough and the lobby/amenities are just sort of ok. Rooms themselves are fantastic.

T2Kplus20

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 2, 2007
It’s a reasonably highly rated property I’d say. Personally I like it, but don’t love it. Love the sky liner, but the resort feels a bit too marriottish for me. Not Disney enough and the lobby/amenities are just sort of ok. Rooms themselves are fantastic.
The Riveria's theming is just meh. Nothing special. Also, even though it is connected via the skyliner, it's still in a weird location that seems isolated.

Reactions: TommyGunn

Zak57

All American
Jul 5, 2011
Dynamic pricing is being introduced for each park.

tom1944

All American
Feb 22, 2008
Important news for my fellow Disney fans:

I will have to see what the current resale prices are now and compare them in February to see if they moved much.

I will not buy before that.

Right now we are leaning towards buying around 200 points. 100 each at Saratoga and Copper Creek.

Of course subject to change.

With our initial use we plan to split stay. If we don’t like that we will alternate resort stays by banking one year at one and borrowing from one year at the other in alternating years

Reactions: KnightHound