ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Do you believe in Silver & Gold now?

BABYBULL24

Junior
Oct 15, 2006
The idiot from Omaha just dumped his bank stocks and bought Gold...lol

The most successful private investor in Equities dumped his Bank stocks and bought Gold.

His old man was a Senator and was a hard currency man Gold/Silver. (Google it)

Name a price Monday for Silver - it will go over $30 - to 50 to 100 and a 1000 next year.

Go make friends with your local coin dealer - cause it will go no bid - you can't get your hands on physical Silver. Go now and try to buy some physical Silver - its at least 10 bucks over spot.

Good times - I don't know- how many checks can the Fed hand out to people for doing nothing and people start saying this is a BS paper Federal Reserve Note. lol

I smile everyday cause making a killing. Go try to buy a 1oz Silver Eagle for under $35 - not happening.

Peace out

Warren Buffett sheds big stakes in banks and goes for the gold

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/warren-buffett-sheds-big-stakes-in-banks-and-goes-for-the-gold

Mother nature bats cleanup and Silver and Gold are Gods money. That paper bullshit is soon to go bye bye. lol

:):):)

ConcernedUnrealisticGalapagosmockingbird-small.gif

It would seem the more money that we don’t have, being thrown at this crisis, is more money we eventually have to print

This should dilute the value of our dollar, and then more dollars are needed to buy gold and silver. It would seem

Anyone mocking the OP isn't paying attention. My mining company stocks are up 80% last five months.

Anyone mocking the OP isn't paying attention. My mining company stocks are up 80% last five months.
OP is just a tad late to the party.
We have done very well in mining and metals stocks over the years. Our various brokers/advisors kept telling us to sell, and we did not. Calls into question a lot of the so-called professional advice from brokers/advisors.

I was in the sales dept for a Commodities trading company in Somerset when I got out of RU in the 70s, we sold and traded options for the Mocatta Metals Corporation, mostly as hedges for investors with big positions in stocks and real estate. Back then there wasn't a lot of volatility , at least when I was there.

A few years later I got my Series VII license and became a stockbroker, being naive I went to a new company with beautiful offices in Roseland that became a glorified Boiler room specializing in new issue penny stocks, lol. It was straight out of the movies Wolf of Wall Street and Boiler Room.

Anyone remember Bob Brennan's First Jersey Securities? He wound up in jail, lol

Not the time to buy when I see TV commercials saying it's a great time to buy gold and silver. I don't trust the greedy bastards.

I see hoarding precious metals as an investment that is thinking things will get back to normal when you can sell at a good profit and reinvest in traditional stocks/bonds again.
But, those who think having a ton of gold/silver if we ever have a real melt down to civilization are kidding themselves.
What will you do with a gold bar if you are thirsty or hungry? A case of beans will be more valuable.

Gold and metals are about panicking. How many people are panicking? Is it enough to drive the price higher? Silver and other non-gold metals have been a disaster investment for the past decade. Trying to time the market is something 95%+ of professionals can't do. So, most of the people on this board that are crowing about timing investments are lying.

Reactions: RU848789 and lne001

Well, I think you can pay attention and still think the OP is way off in a number of his statements.

Let’s start with his attack on Buffett. That supposed “idiot” has returned over 20% per annum from 1965 to 2019 versus the S&P 500 of 10%. Thats massive outperformance, and not typically associated with an idiot.

Second, you can bet Buffett did not buy gold. One of his investment lieutenants, who operate autonomously from Buffett, purchased Barrick. So, not only didn’t Berkshire purchase gold (purchased a mining stock), but Buffett certainly didn’t make the purchase. You can tell by the size of the investment. It’s too small for the capital being deployed by Buffett, not so for Combs or Weschler.

Next, while Buffett did sell a number of his bank shares (some, again, were from Combs or Weschler, but JPM and Wells certainly were Buffettt), he had been selling Wells for a while and did purchase a good amount of BofA.

Lastly, if the OP googled Howard Buffett, he’d see that he was a member of the House of Representatives and not a Senator.

That takes care of his first three sentences.

Well, I think you can pay attention and still think the OP is way off in a number of his statements.

Let’s start with his attack on Buffett. That supposed “idiot” has returned over 20% per annum from 1965 to 2019 versus the S&P 500 of 10%. Thats massive outperformance, and not typically associated with an idiot.

Second, you can bet Buffett did not buy gold. One of his investment lieutenants, who operate autonomously from Buffett, purchased Barrick. So, not only didn’t Berkshire purchase gold (purchased a mining stock), but Buffett certainly didn’t make the purchase. You can tell by the size of the investment. It’s too small for the capital being deployed by Buffett, not so for Combs or Weschler.

Next, while Buffett did sell a number of his bank shares (some, again, were from Combs or Weschler, but JPM and Wells certainly were Buffettt), he had been selling Wells for a while and did purchase a good amount of BofA.

Lastly, if the OP googled Howard Buffett, he’d see that he was a member of the House of Representatives and not a Senator.

That takes care of his first three sentences.
Buffett is as good as it gets. When he speaks, everyone should listen.

The most successful private investor in Equities dumped his Bank stocks and bought Gold.

Name a price Monday for Silver - it will go over $30 - to 50 to 100 and a 1000 next year.

Go make friends with your local coin dealer - cause it will go no bid - you can't get your hands on physical Silver. Go now and try to buy some physical Silver - its at least 10 bucks over spot.

Good times - I don't know- how many checks can the Fed hand out to people for doing nothing and people start saying this is a BS paper Federal Reserve Note. lol

I smile everyday cause making a killing. Go try to buy a 1oz Silver Eagle for under $35 - not happening.

Peace out

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/warren-buffett-sheds-big-stakes-in-banks-and-goes-for-the-gold

Been buying Ag and Au over the last four years. Focus is more on Ag.

Feels like it but that was around 1994. Was $32K in Y2K. Last 20 years growth has been incredible.

I roll my eyes at OP because he typically posts late night, mostly spewing outlandish topics and never responds. Usually his threads are locked or deleted. This one is fairly "normal" lol
His alien thread was really hilarious.
This might sound bananas, but OP may be Kanye West. [roll]
RequiredGrippingFlyingfox-small.gif

I roll my eyes at OP because he typically posts late night, mostly spewing outlandish topics and never responds. Usually his threads are locked or deleted. This one is fairly "normal" lol
His alien thread was really hilarious.
This might sound bananas, but OP may be Kanye West. [roll]
RequiredGrippingFlyingfox-small.gif
Did you join his Birthday Party?

Reactions: Jm0513
maybe, of course Au is down over $100 this week....

so, who is to say....

Peace out

Betting on silver and gold is betting on the apocalypse.. a sign that you think the country is doomed.. or, more accurately, that most people (most investors) think the country is doomed.

Is that where we are?

And by the way, don't forget to drink your apple cider vinegar tonight to avoid catching cancer!

Reactions: Jm0513
Betting on silver and gold is betting on the apocalypse.. a sign that you think the country is doomed.. or, more accurately, that most people (most investors) think the country is doomed.

Is that where we are?

hardly....
but, printing 6 TRILLION dollars might impact something at some point maybe.....

facts is facts.... 1 oz of silver would have bought you 1 tank of gas or a couple bags of groceries back in 1970. Today, it will do exactly that...... while the $3 of paper money you would have gotten for silver in 1970 will buy you...... almost nothing...

precious metals are a way to store value - not a sign of the apocalypse....

Reactions: albanyknight
hardly....
but, printing 6 TRILLION dollars might impact something at some point maybe.....

facts is facts.... 1 oz of silver would have bought you 1 tank of gas or a couple bags of groceries back in 1970. Today, it will do exactly that...... while the $3 of paper money you would have gotten for silver in 1970 will buy you...... almost nothing...

1980, but I don't think 1970.

hardly....

If you compare the 50 year performance of ANY investment against stuffing money under the mattress, you'll get the same results. How does gold track against the S+P for 50 years? Probably comparable.

Facts is facts, and the fact is that precious metals generate no income. Its value is solely determined by the mood of the investing public. No different from "investing" in fine art, antiques, or Mickey Mantle cards. Yes, you can do very well, but not what I would call safe.

Is that where we are?

Until 1971, our monetary system was backed and based on gold. Gold has been the accepted method of barter and exchange for the past 2,000 years.

I have been collecting gold and silver not because I am betting on the apocalypse but as a hedge against fiat debt and hyperinflation. Gold and silver are a monetary insurance hedge, nothing more and nothing less.

Reactions: Bagarocks
Until 1971, our monetary system was backed and based on gold. Gold has been the accepted method of barter and exchange for the past 2,000 years.

I have been collecting gold and silver not because I am betting on the apocalypse but as a hedge against fiat debt and hyperinflation. Gold and silver are a monetary insurance hedge, nothing more and nothing less.

Agreed. Gold is not an “investment”, it is a hedge against hyperinflation

The old adage was to put 10% into such an investment, which I can agree with

All the borrowing and spending by our government makes me believe it is not a bad idea

If you compare the 50 year performance of ANY investment against stuffing money under the mattress, you'll get the same results. How does gold track against the S+P for 50 years? Probably comparable.

Facts is facts, and the fact is that precious metals generate no income. Its value is solely determined by the mood of the investing public. No different from "investing" in fine art, antiques, or Mickey Mantle cards. Yes, you can do very well, but not what I would call safe.

I didn't say it was an investment. you did. it's a store of wealth.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT