ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Don't forget to watch March of the Wooden Soldiers tomorrow on Channel 11

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
the classic black and white at 9 and the colorized version at 3. There will be 4 hour 8 episode Honeymoon Marathon in between

the classic black and white at 9 and the colorized version at 3. There will be 4 hour 8 episode Honeymoon Marathon in between

Took me MANY, too many years to finally get the pork vs. beef sausage linkage (pun intended) to the crime.

I haven't been able to watch this in years since I dropped cable many years ago (and most streaming services don't carry CW networks). However I saw my DirectTV Stream added WPIX in the last month so I will be tuning in.

We can't watch at 9am this year. We MUST watch the pride of NJ, the Rutgers Scarlet Knights Marching Band in the Macy's Thanksgiving parade!!

3pm in color is the way to go for 2023

Reactions: ScarletNut
I haven't been able to watch this in years since I dropped cable many years ago (and most streaming services don't carry CW networks). However I saw my DirectTV Stream added WPIX in the last month so I will be tuning in.

Amazon Prime has it ..and like 10 other streaming sites, according to Google.

Amazon Prime has it ..and like 10 other streaming sites, according to Google.
I was talking more about the CW channels not being available to streaming sites. It's tradition to watch in NYC area on Thanksgiving AM on WPIX. Not that I watch WPIX that much anyway but they used to play Seinfeld at 11 PM weeknights...so that was a plus.

Reactions: fsg2
We can't watch at 9am this year. We MUST watch the pride of NJ, the Rutgers Scarlet Knights Marching Band in the Macy's Thanksgiving parade!!

3pm in color is the way to go for 2023
Watched on a youtube live feed.. unfortunately the camera was placed where they marched through without playing.. they sounded really good playing the fight song which the camera did pick up.

I wish they did something more creative for their march parts..a simple drum tattoo and chant of something I couldn't discern was weak sauce.. R-U-T-G-E-R-S-Go Knights-repeat? Some band later sang "Here she comes just walking down the street singing doo waa diddy.."

They followed the Diary of a Wimpy kid balloon with the ripped hand.. then some ToysRus float.. then a Macy's Star and then the band... this should be cueued pretty well... you'll hear the fight song.. they are uptown from this camera...

Last edited:

Fond memories of watching the March of the Wooden Soldiers at my Aunt's house in Chambersburg when we were little.

After the Italian Thanksgiving dinner that was complete with turkey and many Italian dishes, my aunt brought out the Rum cake/cloth that had been soaking in a bottle of rum for weeks.
Of course, the plate had rum surrounding the cake. A children's nap was to follow.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT