ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Don't forget to watch March of the Wooden Soldiers tomorrow!

WW81GOy.jpg

King Kong, The City, and Thanksgiving

Last edited:
The holiday traditions of many are quite interesting...this will be my first December by myself since my late 20s...so it shall be interesting...

TBBT
The Crown
Scrubs
ST Voyager
Grace and Frankie
Vodka
Tons of Landscaping & Tree Planting
No decorating of any kind...

Reactions: ashokan
I actually remember when King Kong was run on the million dollar movie in 1956...damm

my friend said it was the first million dollar movie aired

I wouldn't doubt it. For 1933, KK looked amazing for decades. The poster is the one that brought highest price at auction.

My second fav Million Dollar Movie was "Trapeze" with Burt Lancaster, Tony Curtis and Gina Lollobrigida.

GONE WITH THE WIND theme fits these days

Reactions: bac2therac
I wouldn't doubt it. For 1933, KK looked amazing for decades. The poster is the one that brought highest price at auction.

My second fav Million Dollar Movie was "Trapeze" with Burt Lancaster, Tony Curtis and Gina Lollobrigida.

Trapeze was great also. The quest for the triple

I also remember as a kid that The Alamo was on every Thanksgiving also. We used to go to my uncle's house and I can remember him saying to me after it was over..."they lost again?"

Wow, I remember that!!! I’m 48 and must’ve been a kid at the end of the run.... had totally forgotten about that.

The Decades Channel is running the old Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts all day into early tomorrow morning.

Could not forget the Late Late Show Movie song from my much younger days watching late movies growing up in New York.

So I am watching King Kong (1933) the last hour or so. I looked cast up on wiki and see Fay Wray would be 113 today (died in 2004 at 96). The ship captain - Frank Reicher - would be 145. The male lead - Robert Armstrong - fought in WW 1 - would be 130. These people were right off the silent era and yet they seem like they are kind of recent. Wray wasn't a beauty like Vivien Leigh, but she was a hot body for that era. Billy Crystal had an Academy Award bit with her.

hgYLI23.jpg

2004 @ 96

7KzRlUA.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT