ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Don't Forget To Watch Rutgers Marching Band in Macy's T-Day Parade

Source

Heisman Winner
Aug 1, 2001
And a Happy Thanksgiving to you, family and friends!
Be stuffed and be safe.

The Marching Scarlet Knights should come up with something similar to the Ohio State Marching Band’s dotting of the “I”. Having an honorary NJ person on the field with the marching band would be great.

I nominate Source!
"I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my school for the honor of dotting an "I" which does not exist in the school's name."

But in all seriousness, Rutgers and Princeton should have been marching in the 2019 Thanksgiving Day parade to honor the 150th anniversary of intercollegiate football.

The Marching Scarlet Knights should come up with something similar to the Ohio State Marching Band’s dotting of the “I”. Having an honorary NJ person on the field with the marching band would be great.
“Cross the T?”

But in all seriousness, Rutgers and Princeton should have been marching in the 2019 Thanksgiving Day parade to honor the 150th anniversary of intercollegiate football.

We should have been doing a lot of things for the 150th, but thanks to HC Chris Ash it was practically ignored.

Just saw them on CBS! They gave them a good couple of minutes airtime and didn't even talk over them while they played The Bells Must Ring. So awesome to hear the RU chant during the biggest parade of the year!

Just saw them on CBS! They gave them a good couple of minutes airtime and didn't even talk over them while they played The Bells Must Ring. So awesome to hear the RU chant during the biggest parade of the year!
"Still getting used to them being in the BIG10" 10 years dude, get over it lol.

LOL. We were watching NBC. RU MIA.... ???

Just turned on NBC a few minutes ago and I heard a quick mention of the RU band but then they showed the "band directors band" - hoping I didn't miss them?

Finally on nbc...RU Marching Band only had a cameo behind a short performance by the Big Apple Circus up to that point, Al Roker gave them a mention.

RU band just on NBC. Played short song in front of Macy's then left to bells Must Ring

Yep, caught them on both CBS and NBC - too bad NBC cut to commercial before you got the cheer from the Bells Must Ring as they marched off.

The cameras missed their entrance but they caught their performance. Great job! Please post videos

The hosts mentioned the band performed on the Tonight Show. In case anyone wasn't aware, here several band members performing with U2 the night Jimmy Fallon took over the show.

• Love
Reactions: DirtyRU
Got to be honest, the RU marching band performance was lame. What was it with the entire band kneeling and playing. There was absolutely nothing going on. Even the Macys all star high school band had more pizazz. I’m happy for the band but my god what a wasted opportunity to make an impact.
I was watching it on NBC, so they might have covered them differently on CBS. NBC gave them one song and the entire band kneeling, WTF?

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: fg7321
NBC totally blew the bands intro… camera was on the back of Geoffrey the Giraffes head. They barely introduced them… Texas Tech got more love sadly 😞 But congrats to them!!!

Saw them a couple times they looked and sounded great!!!! Well done!

Suddenly “400+” ???? I assume cheer and dance teams included in that # pretty sure I saw them out there as well. It was like 340 to start the season.

Still weird they sound so much louder everywhere but while in the stands. Maybe it’s just because I’m in the complete opposite corner and so low to the ground?

Reactions: DirtyRU
Got to be honest, the RU marching band performance was lame. What was it with the entire band kneeling and playing. There was absolutely nothing going on. Even the Macys all star high school band had more pizazz. I’m happy for the band but my god what a wasted opportunity to make an impact.
I was watching it on NBC, so they might have covered them differently on CBS. NBC gave them one song and the entire band kneeling, WTF?
I'm absolutely stunned that the negatoids can be out on Thanksgiving when the RU band gets 2 cameo appearances on 2 national TV channels.

Pretty sure they kneeled as an homage to Macy’s. No big deal PLUS they’re on their feet for hours.

Not exactly sure what kind of “big impact” they could make?

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT