ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Don't Forget To Watch Rutgers Marching Band in Macy's T-Day Parade

Saw them a couple times they looked and sounded great!!!! Well done!

Suddenly “400+” ???? I assume cheer and dance teams included in that # pretty sure I saw them out there as well. It was like 340 to start the season.

Still weird they sound so much louder everywhere but while in the stands. Maybe it’s just because I’m in the complete opposite corner and so low to the ground?
They did allow 2023 alumni to march as well, since they were part of the application process. Not sure how many that added on.

Oops NBC not ABC just showed them now at 7:08pm. Said it was their first time appearing in the parade.

Got to be honest, the RU marching band performance was lame. What was it with the entire band kneeling and playing. There was absolutely nothing going on. Even the Macys all star high school band had more pizazz. I’m happy for the band but my god what a wasted opportunity to make an impact.
I was watching it on NBC, so they might have covered them differently on CBS. NBC gave them one song and the entire band kneeling, WTF?
Great post you just won the Douchebag post of the year. A truly miserable person.

The Marching Scarlet Knights should come up with something similar to the Ohio State Marching Band’s dotting of the “I”. Having an honorary NJ person on the field with the marching band would be great.
Back in the day the band actually did do a Script "Rutgers" led by the drum major.

Great post you just won the Douchebag post of the year. A truly miserable person.
Hahaha! Because I thought the performance was lame? . I’m sorry you and the other snowflakes feelings were hurt but that performance of all the bands was the worst. The one I saw on NBC was the band just kneeling, no movement or anything interesting, in other words lame.

Hahaha! Because I thought the performance was lame? . I’m sorry you and the other snowflakes feelings were hurt but that performance of all the bands was the worst. The one I saw on NBC was the band just kneeling, no movement or anything interesting, in other words lame.
Everyone stops at that point of the parade.

I was in marching band for 4 years, we would always guide right, not left. And we always had a two step delay when marching, to the stop and then starting again. Meaning when the row in front of you stopped, your row took two more steps, and when the row in front of you started, you mark timed for two beats then started. Rutgers tries to start each row at the same time and then the back rows ends up having to move too fast to keep up. The two step delay prevents this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT