ADVERTISEMENT

OT: EWR Terminal A

Terminal A understandably has growing pains. At least Terminal C has power, and is good enough. Also impressed with the bar and food service. Ordered a steak off an iPad and was delivered in a timely manner.

JetBlue Terminal at JFK is what a terminal should be. Lots of space and shopping opportunities, and WI-FI always works well.
Most importantly, no hassles. There’s always seems to be drama going on at Newark, most notably, the long lines.

Terminal A understandably has growing pains. At least Terminal C has power, and is good enough. Also impressed with the bar and food service. Ordered a steak off an iPad and was delivered in a timely manner.

JetBlue Terminal at JFK is what a terminal should be. Lots of space and shopping opportunities, and WI-FI always works well.
Most importantly, no hassles. There’s always seems to be drama going on at Newark, most notably, the long lines.
Good call on Jetblue terminal. Believe Aer Lingus flies out of there too. So each major airport has at least 1 terminal that's worthy of NYC.

Reactions: William J. Leggett
Good call on Jetblue terminal. Believe Aer Lingus flies out of there too. So each major airport has at least 1 terminal that's worthy of NYC.
Have refused to fly Jet Blue after a terrible experience many years ago. Seats were cramped and the discount seemed minimal if you wanted to bring a bag and choose seats in advance. Is Jet Blue a decent airline to use?

Reactions: zappaa
Have refused to fly Jet Blue after a terrible experience many years ago. Seats were cramped and the discount seemed minimal if you wanted to bring a bag and choose seats in advance. Is Jet Blue a decent airline to use?
Well I'm speaking only about the terminal. But I've personally had decent experiences with JetBlue but it's the definition of a "value" airliner.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I flew out of A in August. It’s a big upgrade from the old A. Overall a good terminal. I had no issues with power outlets when I was there.

Reactions: Leonard23
Well I'm speaking only about the terminal. But I've personally had decent experiences with JetBlue but it's the definition of a "value" airliner.
Used to fly JetBlue all the time and you are right, the JFK terminal was great.
But JetBlue is no longer a “value” airline. It is never the value flight. Almost 100% of the time, it is more expensive than United, AA and Delta.

I usually fly Term C via United at EWR…luckily, with the United Card- I don’t have to worry about the terminal- just relax in the lounge until early boarding and no bag charge..,

But JetBlue is no longer a “value” airline. It is never the value flight. Almost 100% of the time, it is more expensive than United, AA and Delta.

I usually fly Term C via United at EWR…luckily, with the United Card- I don’t have to worry about the terminal- just relax in the lounge until early boarding and no bag charge..,
Yes. Access to the United Lounge is needed if you travel a lot. Terminal A has a nice lounge.

Reactions: yesrutgers01

Which United Card? I don't think mine offers that benefit.
Yes. Access to the United Lounge is needed if you travel a lot. Terminal A has a nice lounge.
What's wrong with the lounge in C? I've never had a problem. Also, I prefer to stand while I wait for a longer flight, since we will be sitting the whole flight. I know this is not the ordinary for most people, but sitting for 6 plus hours is not great.

We used to book JetBlue from time to time for EWR to MCO since you can pay extra for legroom (38 inches in the first 5 rows). Definitely cheaper than United First (I don't fit in United Economy). However, the # of flights significantly decreased with only a few a day now. Not convenient anymore. Only flight United now.

Reactions: Knight Shift

What United Card ? I have had one for years with no such benefits.

What United Card ? I have had one for years with no such benefits.
I have the Explorer card and it comes with 2 one time use passes each year. But there is one card that specifically gives club access, but the annual fee isn't cheap.

I have the Explorer card and it comes with 2 one time use passes each year. But there is one card that specifically gives club access, but the annual fee isn't cheap.
Yes. The United Club card. $525 a year. The United Club in Terminal C is fairly new and pretty nice as far as United Clubs go but obviously some airports/terminals either have no United club or the quality can really vary. One thing to keep in mind is you can only access a United Club if you are flying United that day.

Disappointing to hear Jetblue took a dive in quality. When I flew it I thought it was fine.

Newark airport is pretty decent these days. Terminal B is a little meh but unless you're flying Delta or one of the international carriers you're not going there anyway.

Yeah I have the same one as you.2 free visits per year.

Which United Card? I don't think mine offers that benefit.

What's wrong with the lounge in C? I've never had a problem. Also, I prefer to stand while I wait for a longer flight, since we will be sitting the whole flight. I know this is not the ordinary for most people, but sitting for 6 plus hours is not great.
No issue with terminal C lounge. One of them was under construction for a while and the back up lounge wasn’t good but overall United lounge sun Newark are better than most others in other cities.

Yeah I have the same one as you.2 free visits per year.

United club 525 annual but worth it
The thing with the United Club, it may be expensive. $525 per year but if you travel a lot- you get 2 free checked bags, club lounge for two every time you use it to book your flight plus pre boarding.
Pre boarding is great if you use carry on- you are always set for a nice free spot in your own overhead.

Reactions: redking
The thing with the United Club, it may be expensive. $525 per year but if you travel a lot- you get 2 free checked bags, club lounge for two every time you use it to book your flight plus pre boarding.
Pre boarding is great if you use carry on- you are always set for a nice free spot in your own overhead.
You and me usually on the same wave length haha. The food/drinks you have to pay for in the terminal add up quick and are ridiculously overpriced. Contrast that with the free stuff in the lounges - it isn't top shelf but you can easily save 30 bucks+ each visit. Most of the time I'm not looking for a big meal anyway and the lounge food hits the spot well enough.

That’s a very good deal if you travel often enough 👍

Club Access is for everyone in your booking party. My family of 4 has club access at every United Lounge. I think it pays for Clear, which is helpful and needed at Newark, especially terminal C.

You and me usually on the same wave length haha. The food/drinks you have to pay for in the terminal add up quick and are ridiculously overpriced. Contrast that with the free stuff in the lounges - it isn't top shelf but you can easily save 30 bucks+ each visit. Most of the time I'm not looking for a big meal anyway and the lounge food hits the spot well enough.
The lounge is great- morning continental with coffee OJ etc would be $20 or more per person in the term…get a Bloody Mary and now 40. Lol
Mid day and or evening- same thing. I will get a couple of drinks if it will be a 3+ hr flight.
Plus, the comfort is so much better.
If just a couple flight for you and family, it is worth it- free checked bags also pay for the card too

Agreed, but I tend to believe the coach flying experience is much better with the big leather seats and Directv and Wi-Fi you don’t have to pay for.

God forbid a jet Blue flight gets cancelled or you have an emergency that requires assistance from an agent.
Their customer service is non existent.

Spent a billion dollars refurbing and the outlets have no power

On a positive note, Dunkin is open early and the Block R is prominent throughout the concourse
The first week they opened was a shit show, but my last few times through have been great.

Not a fan. Getting to Terminal A after landing in C is awful. After customs, have to take the train, walk outside, wait for a bus, then enter A.

The lounge was underwhelming. It’s United in general, but the food is identical every day. I get there’s not a surplus of international flights, but a big miss with no showers.

I’ve stopped flying into EWR and use IAD instead as the flight from TPA has been out of A, but international arrives in C.

Not a fan. Getting to Terminal A after landing in C is awful. After customs, have to take the train, walk outside, wait for a bus, then enter A.

The lounge was underwhelming. It’s United in general, but the food is identical every day. I get there’s not a surplus of international flights, but a big miss with no showers.

I’ve stopped flying into EWR and use IAD instead as the flight from TPA has been out of A, but international arrives in C.
I don't use the lounges. I roll in late as I can and jump on. Some times too close and I'm hauling ass through the terminal. 😂😂

Terminal A is nice but is basically standard fare for any first world country outside of the US and Canada. The United lounge in A is pretty nice though, definitely better than C.

Spent a billion dollars refurbing and the outlets have no power

On a positive note, Dunkin is open early and the Block R is prominent throughout the concourse
Not a $1B refurbishment. That is a completely new building for TA. I''ve seen the rout of the new air train. It shows that TB will be rebuilt somewhere near the current Marriott Hotel.

Same except for when connecting. People think I’m crazy when I get to the airport 45 min before a flight.
I get it but then you get on the plane with it 75% full already and fighting for an overhead space etc...And usually, you find yourself stressed driving to the airport, rushing the whole way etc.

I used to commute by car over an hour each way for years- would fight for position in traffic, race at 90 mph and all the other things- Once I realized that when I could allow myself time and not be stressed and pissed just trying to get to and from, life became so much easier.

So- I always plan an extra 30 mins in the car- an extra x minutes for other things and always get to where I am going early and happy. My wife hates it- as she is a last minute person, but she also loves it when it all works out. And the next time I add 30 minutes to a dive to the airport- she will bitch again and then be all pissed off when I am not doing 90 in a 50 to get there on time.

Terminal C United lounge (not the Polaris one) is way better—-more space and options than the United lounge in Term A. The term A one is fine but not many food options compared to C.

Newark airport is pretty decent these days. Terminal B is a little meh but unless you're flying Delta or one of the international carriers you're not going there anyway.
Delta has operations in terminal A now. Not sure if all of there operations moved there but they have a presence in Term A now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT