ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Expensive Cognac

Panthergrowl13

All Conference
Nov 11, 2002
When at a restaurant I always like to look at what they charge for a 1.0 oz serving of Remy Martin Louis XIII.

However, this particular restaurant had an additional Remy Martin Cognac called Remy Martin Louis XIII Black Pearl.

Cost for 1.0 oz was $1150.

I asked our waiter if he serves a lot of the Black Pearl Cognac. He said a moderate amount and professional athletics are the most common customers.

A quick online search showed you could get a 1.75 liter bottle for about $89,000.

I passed on both Remy's.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Cognac is weird. That the obvious answer to a centuries-old question ("Oh no, all this wine is ruined, what do we do with it?!?") could become such a valuable commodity is kinda mind-boggling.

On the other hand, I tried some Southern Comfort at a wedding this past weekend - big mistake..... I thought it was some sort of Scotch - guess not.

The Hamilton & Ward Steakhouse by the courthouse in Paterson also serves that. I also passed. I assume only crooked judges can afford it.

When at a restaurant I always like to look at what they charge for a 1.0 serving of Remy Martin Louis XIII.

However, this particular restaurant had an additional Remy Martin Cognac called Remy Martin Louis XIII Black Pearl.

Cost for 1.0 oz was $1150.

A quick online search showed you could get a 1.75 liter bottle for about $89,000.

There's 59 ounces in 1.75L, so the price for the bottle was either the price at a restaurant somewhere or was some sort of special bottle. Typically, Remy Martin Louis XIII goes for about 3k a bottle retail (750ml). It's been a while since I've worked in the industry, but I think just the empty bottle can fetch $750.

There's 59 ounces in 1.75L, so the price for the bottle was either the price at a restaurant somewhere or was some sort of special bottle. Typically, Remy Martin Louis XIII goes for about 3k a bottle retail (750ml). It's been a while since I've worked in the industry, but I think just the empty bottle can fetch $750.

I went to a restaurant that had Pappy Van Winkle for $60 an oz

Reactions: alex13rufan
My friend has 20+ bottles of Pappy all different years. They did a great job "marketing."

Wow. In my world, paying $100 for a 750ml bottle of wine is extravagant. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong.

I usually just ask my waiter if they have any of that "cone-yak" I saw **insert talentless rapper's name here** waving around in his latest video. Then I jump up on my chair and make it rain.

The crowd in Applebee's goes crazy for that move.

Wow. In my world, paying $100 for a 750ml bottle of wine is extravagant. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong.
To be fair, a bottle of wine only has ~4.5 glasses in it, but 750 ml of whiskey has ~17 servings. So a comparable bottle of whiskey is something in the $400 range.

The goodness of Apple Brandy in a glass of iced tea will suffice for us middle-aged folks:

brandy-alcohol.jpg

Last edited:
I usually just ask my waiter if they have any of that "cone-yak" I saw **insert talentless rapper's name here** waving around in his latest video. Then I jump up on my chair and make it rain.

The crowd in Applebee's goes crazy for that move.
Was that after you ate your fillit mig non?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT