3. Rosemary's Baby
4. Invasion of the Body Snatcher 1978
5. Friday the 13th
6. The Tingler
7. The Blob
8. Creature From the Black Lagoon
9. Nightmare on Elm Street
10. Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

Notice they haven't make a good scary movie in about 25 years.

Night of the Living Dead (still stands up as a classic horror flick).
30 Days of Night
American Werewolf in London
The Excorcist
Bram Stoker's Dracula

The shining might be the best of all time. Nicholson was awesome. Here's Johnny!!!!

But to add to bac's list.

1. The Exorcist
2. Night of the living dead
3. The Ring
4. The Birds

Last edited:
Creepshow
Pet Sematery
The Exorcist
Fright Night (1980's version)
Nightmare on Elm Street
Jaws
The Shining
Evil Dead
American Werewolf in London
Paranormal Activity
Halloween

Some newer, some old. These are my favorites that I can think of.

1. Alien
2. Jaws
3. 7even
4. The Thing(old version)
5. The Hitchhiker
6. The Evil Dead
7. Event Horizon

With this thread, I sense a balance returning to the board's Force. Carry on.

One people usually don't mention is the original version of "The Haunting" from 1963. It was directed by Robert Wise (Sound of Music, West Side Story etc). I don't mind the remake but the original was kinda creepy without using anything graphic A movie that isn't very good but has surprisingly good art direction is "I Know What You Did Last Summer". The plot is bad but the sets and baps are nice

3tb3Ubf.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Not a fan of horror movies. Never understood the thrill of having the bejesus scared out of you. Just not my cup of tea.

I have seen The Shining, Exorcist, and Nightmare on Elm Street but Jaws would be #1.

The Think From Another World…Marshall Dillon
Bride Of Frankenstein…Boris
Dracula…Bela
Halloween…Jamie Lee
Night of the living dead…Romero
Exorcist…Blatty
House on Haunted Hill…Jared Barkley
Mars Attacks…Jim Brown
Forbidden Planet…Leslie Nielson
The Day The Earth Stood Still…Aunt Bee
War Of The Worlds…Bat Masterson
Alien…Viper

Never got into horror movies. But if you don't blink you can see me in Amityville Horror. Was filmed mostly in Point Pleasant Beach. House was on the river in Tom's River

Reactions: koleszar
Never got into horror movies. But if you don't blink you can see me in Amityville Horror. Was filmed mostly in Point Pleasant Beach. House was on the river in Tom's River
We did work on the house next door to that house on the river a while ago. It's now stuck in my head.(Thanks LOL). the upstairs dormer windows are friggin creppy. Kept looking to see if someone was standing there looking out.. Kept saying to my guys we got to get this friggin job done and get out of here.

We did work on the house next door to that house on the river a while ago. It's now stuck in my head.(Thanks LOL). the upstairs dormer windows are friggin creppy. Kept looking to see if someone was standing there looking out.. Kept saying to my guys we got to get this friggin job done and get out of here.
My teammate at PPB High School worked on that house with his dad for the movie. The top story was just a shell in the movie.

Excellent call with Event Horizon. Very under rated sci-fi horror classic.
"liberate tuteme ex inferis"

JAWS- that's worse then the Blob- I would take that stupid fish. And give him a chicken stuffed with cyanide. After that, I'd shoot his ass with my bow , and fry him at a tailgate in the blue lot.

Screw that guppy, I could kick his ass!!!

Reactions: Jm0513
JAWS- that's worse then the Blob- I would take that stupid fish. And give him a chicken stuffed with cyanide. After that, I'd shoot his ass with my bow , and fry him at a tailgate in the blue lot.

Screw that guppy, I could kick his ass!!!
Jaws wasn't a horror movie. Scary parts yes but was a people movie. Did anyone read the book. Very racy with Ellen Brody screws with Hooper.

1. Halloween
2. The Shining
3. Rosemary's Baby
4. Invasion of the Body Snatcher 1978
5. Friday the 13th
6. The Tingler
7. The Blob
8. Creature From the Black Lagoon
9. Nightmare on Elm Street
10. Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

Notice they haven't make a good scary movie in about 25 years.
Something Wicked this way this way Comes.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre. This was truly a brilliant movie. Almost no gore, yet you'd think it was loaded with it. Well written and envisioned so that it just gets creepier and more disturbing as it moves on. The direction is inventive and terrific. The camera shots when the people first enter the house, both from inside the house with the open (then ominously closed) door to the slaughter room, and from outside by the swing. The girl being chased through the brush and bushes at night by the guy with the chainsaw is brilliant. The feeling that the girl is in a web from which she can never escape, as each time she seems to get loose, should ultimately doesn't. The movie, and its direction and staging, are so effectively disturbing that the movie often doesn't get the credit that it deserves for how damned brilliant it was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT