ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Feds to charge NJ Senator Menendez with Criminal Corruption

While he (Christie) was chairman of the Republican Governors Association in 2014, the group received $500,000 from Exxon and more from company employees. While this was not Exxon's first contribution to the group, this donation was made at a time when the New Jersey trial was pending.

His record on the environment, not so good:

Four former New Jersey governors are urging state legislators to reject Gov. Chris Christie's pick for an open slot on the Pinelands Commission amid concerns he'll support a pipeline through the forested and ecologically-sensitive region.

Democrats Brendan Byrne and Jim Florio and Republicans Christie Whitman and Tom Kean sent a letter today to all 40 members of the New Jersey Senate asking them to "withhold confirmation" of Robert Barr, who was approved by the the Senate Judiciary Committee in February.

Now the BPU/Christie is blocking off-shore wind development

The analysis also shows the potential for offshore wind in New Jersey and how it could significantly expand in New Jersey over the next 15 years, producing enough power (more than 25,000 gigawatt hours) for a vast majority of New Jersey's residential homes (more than 80%) and offsetting the dangerous pollution of dirty energy sources.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/05/opinion/chris-christies-exxon-settlement-is-bad-for-new-jersey.html?_r=0

Originally posted by NotInRHouse:

Originally posted by BUDMAN4RU:
You Christie haters crack me up. Forget about which side of the fence you're on. NJ pays an enormous inequity in taxes to the fed. The only way that will ever change is if we get one of our own in the White House.
Yeah, thats what we need. With Christie taking NJ to heights like 48th in job growth and 49th in credit, one day Americans can move to Greece and Venezuela for economic prosperity with President Christie!
Hilarious. You use examples of extreme left wing folly to support your argument.
Post the billions the Democratic politicians have stolen in just the last decade
and we will give you some credit. Otherwise you are just a partisan hack.

Both sides are corrupt. Depends on the county whether the crooks are Democrats or Republicans.
And most of their thievery of the public till is legal.
But the voters keep electing these machine owned clowns so we get what we deserve.

Originally posted by RUMike410:

Originally posted by krup:

Originally posted by krup:
Christie will be next, and this is good so a certain network will have less cover when they claim he's going down for presidential ambitions and not because he stole billions from taxpayers while the state was going broke.

Menendez should be prosecuted and hopefully he and Christie can share a cell.
If Christie is ever close to being indicted, can't he just hold a press conference to announce he resigning because he
is gay, and then have all of the investigations into his improprieties
vanish into thin air?? It has worked for NJ governors before.
Yeah, I guess, if McGreevey had stolen billions of dollars from the state in exchange for favors...Id take his fake job over that any day
So, in other words, you are one of the dupes that fell for the ruse that he was resigning due to something that had been common knowledge in political circles since he was mayor of Woodbridge? By the way, did you get this worked up about stolen billions when $6 billion went missing from the school construction fund under a Dem governor?
No, he was going to be done in by the feds, for the Machiavelli scandal among others. McGreevey also had some bad appointments.

And he was going to make a foreign national head of a security agency...could have been a woman would have been just as wrong

You're the dupe if you think any NJ gov compares to what Christie has done..do you know not only did Christie try to turn away billions to pay back his RGA backers and to pay pensions that he was illegally withholding, but under his watch millions went missing from the PA too...24M on a fake election, closing the bridge lane cost millions, fighting 23 document requests for years...

So were talking over 6 billion on Exxon...shall we get into his PA appointments or Sandy money next?

What Christie proves is that Republicans only care if you are Republican- being a fiscal conservative is irrelevant. Cuomo and Dan Malloy have been far more fiscally conservative, have real achievements (name one thing Christie did besides yell at teachers) and it goes to show that they are not 48th in job growth or 49th in credit
roll.r191677.gif

So much hatred and so delusional. Enjoy having Christie running the show for another 3 years. The next law Christie breaks will be his first. Offer up some proof or go away.

The only NJ pol going to jail soon is your beloved Hudson County crook, Menendez. I mean I know Christie supporters are stupid as they come but I condemned Mendendez and gave 10 examples of illegal things Christie did...

When you say running the show, did you mean prison power bottom?

Originally posted by motorb54:

You Christie haters crack me up. Forget about which side of the fence you're on. NJ pays an enormous inequity in taxes to the fed. The only way that will ever change is if we get one of our own in the White House.
Yeah, thats what we need. With Christie taking NJ to heights like 48th in job growth and 49th in credit, one day Americans can move to Greece and Venezuela for economic prosperity with President Christie!
Hilarious. You use examples of extreme left wing folly to support your argument.
Post the billions the Democratic politicians have stolen in just the last decade
and we will give you some credit. Otherwise you are just a partisan hack.

Both sides are corrupt. Depends on the county whether the crooks are Democrats or Republicans.
And most of their thievery of the public till is legal.
But the voters keep electing these machine owned clowns so we get what we deserve.
Christie has been infinitely more corrupt than any NJ governor in recent memory. Not to mention he has put lives in danger with the bridge and then not fixing the other bridges literally crumbling in this state. The tunnels into the city have a few years left before the end.

Christie's actions are illegal.

And, what he has done is in line with Greece in not paying debts and Venezuela in terms of vengeance on opponents, and both in terms of our plummeting credit

Christie isn't a fiscal conservative. He hasn't done one fiscally conservative thing since being governor and has spent millions on himself on our dime, used the rest on political benefactors...and stole a multibillion dollar settlement from our citizens as a favor to the RGA and to payback pensions he tried not to pay

The only was Christie is a fiscal conservative is if you consider people who live in a house while not paying the mortgage to be conservative heroes...

I guess he lost his political cover for going against bambi on the Iran issue. LOL Red on Red. Let me get some popcorn - Oh and menedez is likely a child rapist reportedly having sex with underage girls overseas.

Originally posted by RUScrew85:
I guess he lost his political cover for going against bambi on the Iran issue. LOL Red on Red. Let me get some popcorn - Oh and menedez is likely a child rapist reportedly having sex with underage girls overseas.
About time you opined. Why isn't this on the CE board?

Yeah, get the popcorn ready - Obama's going Clinton against his own Dems.

LOL at NIRH. I may not agree with him on virtually anything, but once he gets into something he's like the Germans at Pearl Harbor.

As I posted on the CE board a couple weeks back, I used to be a Christie supporter, now I am not. Some of the stuff in NIRH's posts are pure hyperbole, to be sure - but that doesn't mean that the guy hasn't been, in the aggregate, a pretty shitty, somewhat toxic and always belligerent governor.

All else aside, my biggest problem with him at this point is that his 2016 aspirations are an obvious joke and he should resume the business for which he was elected. Doing otherwise is, I feel, cause for removal.

Originally posted by RUScrew85:
If he was Republican, those charges would make him VP material in the 2016 election.
The GOP put a man one step from the top , claiming he was a patriot, even though he ran an outfit
that plead guilty to criminal charges of violating a U.S. ban on exports to Libya
(selling Qaddafi six pulse neutron generators, devices that could be used to detonate nuclear weapons).
Even with the Iran-Libya Sanctions Act in place, Cheney 's Halliburton did business with Iran ignoring the USA's anti-boycott provisions of the U.S. Export Administration Act and continued to do business with Libya ( a sponsor of terrorism) throughout Cheney's tenure.
Later Cheney used two of Halliburton 's foreign subsidiaries to do $23 million worth of business with Iraq, despite American sanctions against that country.
Senator Menendez 's only mistake was being a crooked Democrat , if he was a member of the GOP he would be protected and
put on the GOP's 2016 Presidential ticket .

Crime pays ( politically) if you're a Republican.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/8 4:35 PM by MADHAT1

Alot of you people on both sides really need to wake the hell up and stop being such a hack!!!

Originally posted by Scarlet Pride:

????
I agree.. this fed tax dollar thing is ridiculous. On the surface, it looks bad. But do we really need all those federal buildings and bases in tiny New Jersey?

There are some cases where the govt should have looked at the inequality of fed spending in NJ and made the right decision.. and that was when they chose USC, a private university in California, as a place to house some anti-terrorism research building. That is a good example of poor fed spending that could have given New Jersey some of its money back.

Menendez.. Rutgers-Newark Law.. like Torricelli before him... we Rutgers ever produce a politician who is not hounded out of office by Federal investigations?

This post was edited on 3/8 4:54 PM by GoodOl'Rutgers

So Menendez is Pro Israel, anti Castro, disagrees with the Obama administration and is working hard to get money for the people screwed by FEMA during Sandy----and he is the Liberal???

Christie is buddies with Cuomo, Joe D, Steve A, Sweeney and Norcross and spends ninety percent of his time outside of NJ and he is the Conservative???

Based on the last six months I would vote for Menendez for the Conservative and vote against Christie for being a Democratic hack.

What conservative would possibly think that Christie is doing a good job? His behavior is embarrassing and our state is suffering because he spends no time in the state.

Do the people on this site actually follow what is going on in this state???
This post was edited on 3/8 5:54 PM by MORRISCOUNTY

Originally posted by MORRISCOUNTY:

So Menendez is Pro Israel, anti Castro, disagrees with the Obama administration and is working hard to get money for the people screwed by FEMA during Sandy----and he is the Liberal???

Christie is buddies with Cuomo, Joe D, Steve A, Sweeney and Norcross and spends ninety percent of his time outside of NJ and he is the Conservative???

Based on the last six months I would vote for Menendez for the Conservative and vote against Christie for being a Democratic hack.

What conservative would possibly think that Christie is doing a good job? His behavior is embarrassing and our state is suffering because he spends no time in the state.

I don't think any Conservative would ever tell you Christie is anything but a RINO. The only think he's done is limit the misguided gun control changes proposed by our lovely state reps.

While menendez is surprisingly good on foreign affairs and likely no more corrupt than the average Senator he is almost certainly a child rapist and a shitbag gun grabber and deserves severe punishment for that at least.

I commend the comments from the right condemning Christie.

Christie is not a liberal or conservative- he's the North Jersey Norcross who happens to be governor and that profile which he keeps to try building instead of realizing the state is in trouble because of his digressions, will end him behind bars.

Christie will be indicted. That is a promise. The call from his office to Cuomo telling him to back off the bridge, his meetings with Jerry Jones, his meetings with Exxon, will all become public and he will go down as the worst in NJ history. Mark it down.

Christie is a RINO and has lost my vote. But it's not personal with me and I'm actually in education. So what we have to pay into our benefits a little? And yes, superintendents who run districts with 4-5 schools should not be making $250K+ per year. So I agree with some of those policies but overall he flat out sucks. So did Mr. Corzine. So did Jim McGreevy. As an independent, I can't stand when either side rips apart the other side but doesn't acknowledge members of their own party being awful too. Anyone who thinks Corzine was a good governor needs their head examined.

Neither Corzine nor McGreevey was a good governor and Menendez is not a good senator. What that doesnt change is Christie taking billions from taxpayers when the state is the 48th worst financial shape while touring America and acting like he did NJ when a favor when he set us back a decade at least.

Originally posted by MORRISCOUNTY:

No, they don't, and neither does 95% of the population of NJ. They just cheer for the red team or the blue team and vote accordingly. Which is why the NJ voters get what they deserve....one of the most ineffective, corrupt governments in the nation.

Neither Corzine nor McGreevey was a good governor and Menendez is not a good senator. What that doesnt change is Christie taking billions from taxpayers when the state is the 48th worst financial shape while touring America and acting like he did NJ when a favor when he set us back a decade at least.
It is so refreshing to read your non-partisan views in this matter.

I'm no fan of Menendez, but it's now been almost a week with no indictment announced. I wonder if the leak was premature or just intended to get him to take a plea bargain.

Originally posted by SanFranRutgers:

Originally posted by bac2therac:
Yet nj voters keep voting for shady candidates just because they are democrats...it will happen with sweeney too
Chris Christie is a Republican. He's pretty shady.
If you were on the beach anywhere near Christie you'd appreciate that shade.

ADVERTISEMENT