ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Feel THAT Aftershock just now? Wow.

I'm in Readington and heard a boom and felt a very short shock, almost like a truck got my place.

Reactions: MulletCork
Not all impressed with that for standard splitting. Pain in the ass when I have to flip to split, because often it doesn't stay in the log.
X27 slices through like butter. Flipping to spit? You either got crappy splitting/knotty wood, a bad axe or need some tutelage in the fine art of log splitting.

How silly thinking a truck was running into your place, most people immediately realize it’s an earthquake c’mon… lol
all these threads did was expose those prone to ludicrous first reactions/thoughts and how little people know or have traveled outside their area. A better way to put is life experience vs book knowledge only. lol too many know it alls and panzies of late. People need to get a grip. It's like when we get 1 inch of snow and people panick on the roads I mean, we live in a snow state right? Newsflash, NJ has earthquakes and for most of us, this would be the 4th one of any note in our lifetimes in NYC metro area. Uncommon yes, crazy and scary no

We experienced some small quakes/aftershocks yesterday which were no big deal. Certainly nothing to think a nuke, truck through a house, helicopter on the roof, or the like. Common sense and a little maturity go a long way when the unexpected or unknown occurs.

just check things out, turn the gas off for a bit and go about your life normally

435384893_867743295362909_30040238021243245_n.jpg

all these threads did was expose those prone to ludicrous first reactions/thoughts and how little people know or have traveled outside their area. A better way to put is life experience vs book knowledge only. lol too many know it alls and panzies of late. People need to get a grip. It's like when we get 1 inch of snow and people panick on the roads I mean, we live in a snow state right? Newsflash, NJ has earthquakes and for most of us, this would be the 4th one of any note in our lifetimes in NYC metro area. Uncommon yes, crazy and scary no

We experienced some small quakes/aftershocks yesterday which were no big deal. Certainly nothing to think a nuke, truck through a house, helicopter on the roof, or the like. Common sense and a little maturity go a long way when the unexpected or unknown occurs.

just check things out, turn the gas off for a bit and go about your life normally
Why the flaming F do you have a problem with people talking about something “they” never experienced before. We don’t care if you were in a 7.0 quake. Let us just have some fun talking about it without your crap.

For the people who have never gone through an earthquake, they mainly draw their initial thoughts on their past experiences or what they have seen/read local to their region. Around here in the past, there have been gas explosions, trucks/buses ramming houses, tornadoes, and the like. I hope this helps you. What is so hard about that for you to understand? And "to expose...how little people know or traveled outside their area"? I'm pretty sure plenty here have traveled very well but that doesnt mean if we went to California, we experienced and earthquake. You are getting sillier and sillier.

Just busting #’s made the mention a nuclear bomb yesterday which lead to a five hour debate on nuclear blasts vs earthquakes….only on this board lol.
We're cool. I didn't read through that thread yesterday, so I missed the context.😎

Reactions: RUtix4me
Just busting #’s made the mention a nuclear bomb yesterday which lead to a five hour debate on nuclear blasts vs earthquakes….only on this board lol.
Yep, only on this board. I'm all for busting chops - do it all the time and love when someone can bust my chops in a creative and funny way, but there were a few posts yesterday which were simply harsh and mean-spirited as well as inaccurate and not funny in any way. Only on this board, lol.

Why the flaming F do you have a problem with people talking about something “they” never experienced before. We don’t care if you were in a 7.0 quake. Let us just have some fun talking about it without your crap.
I can't speak for the poster, but hypothetically, if someone makes a rather ludicrous immediate reaction to the events, it's probably looked upon differently if said poster is always preaching and lecturing others on anything / everything scientific. That includes, again hypothetically, if said poster was obnoxiously supporting ridiculous conclusions around a wet market being where Covid originated literally weeks into the pandemic.

Again, hypothetically...

I can't speak for the poster, but hypothetically, if someone makes a rather ludicrous immediate reaction to the events, it's probably looked upon differently if said poster is always preaching and lecturing others on anything / everything scientific. That includes, again hypothetically, if said poster was obnoxiously supporting ridiculous conclusions around a wet market being where Covid originated literally weeks into the pandemic.

Again, hypothetically...
you sort of lost me...

Not even sure where you're headed now, lol. You want to look it up yourself or do you still have some interest in trying to figure out who it is on your own? If so, one more clue: think very popular 70s psychedelic band...
I'm on a different wavelength with this one, obviously. I'm thinking aftershock and shaking. 🤣

Here ya go?

Reactions: RU848789
Anyone recall that Aftershock liquor back in the 90’s? That shit and Avalanche were consumed bigly in college. Damn.

Anyone recall that Aftershock liquor back in the 90’s? That shit and Avalanche were consumed bigly in college. Damn.
Remember a friend breaking a bottle of it on my concrete wall in frelinghuysen trying to get the candy out of the bottom of it

Reactions: runrutgersrun
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT